Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
A couple of robin shots from my recent walks..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Set the apeman trail camera up in the loft overnight as we keep hearing a scratching noise and guess what

Meanwhile we also spotted one of his relatives out in the rear garden early Sunday Am

More Mouse activity last night
a neighbor turned me on to these traps. recently, well, some time last year, she caught 7! I bought the larger version cuz my cats bring chipmunks into the house alive sometimes (we've also had mice around in the house that I think got in by themselves) & I was thinking the trap might be easier than our current methods. hoping the larger size works for both species, haven't had to use it yet, but our neighbor swears by it

CaptSure Original Humane Mouse Traps, Easy to Set, Kids/Pets Safe, Reusable for Indoor/Outdoor use, for Small Rodent/Voles/Hamsters/Moles Catcher That Works. 2 Pack (Large)

Beautiful Daughter came to find me because there was a "Kestrel" in the tree opposite the apartment.

When Beautiful Daughter is excited her eyes open so wide she looks like an Japanese cartoon character. Right now she was in Full Anime mode.

The bird in question looked too big to be a kestrel. When it flew off it was very obvious it was a buzzard.

Beautiful Daughter then spent several minutes playing at being a buzzard, which apparently involved tickling papa...

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Cold snaps sometimes force birds into unusual behaviour

There has been a goldcrest around the garden this winter. Unusual in itself as we are about 200m ASL. It is bound to be struggling to find spiders and the like in this weather. Today I saw it on the bird feeder, eating scraps of sunflower seeds. Never seen a goldcrest on a birdfeeder before

I love goldcrests. We have had one in the garden the last week. It was around last winter as well. It combs the evergreen plants under the bird feeders. Today’s wildlife was a pile of feathers, and Sid our resident sparrowhawk disappearing over the wall with something in its talons. the feathers were grey which made me think of a pigeon but quite small so probably a dunnock.

Top Bottom