Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I‘ve seen them flashing past going down the river, but still not seen one perched close up.
There are kingfishers in the Ravensbourne, down in SE London. They quite often use the same perches so if you see one perched you have a good chance of seeing it again. The ones in the Ravensbourne seem to use them at similar times of the day (though as it's tidal, they may be going on depth of water).

Deer in the field that backs on to my garden, theres a family of 6 at the minute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-202842_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-202842_Gallery.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5

Ripple

Veteran
Aaaahhh mountain of sunflower seeds !!! 💖💖💖

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Half a dozen Redpolls feeding on birch seeds in the garden again. Slightly better (at least recognisable) pics through a disgracefully dirty bedroom window.

Camera battery exhausted after this, then marauding Magpies scared them off just as I was replacing it! One male was sporting a distinctly red upper breast - developing breeding plumage - but he was higher up the tree, silhouetted against the light. Showed OK through the scope, but couldn't get a good pic, due to the contrast, my lack of skill with this camera, and intervening twigs. Sorry!

Top Bottom