Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The flora of Waresley woods..

image.jpg

Wood anemone

image.jpg

Oxlip

image.jpg

The exceedingly rare Waresley tree violet ( Viola arborea madeupii)

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The flora of Waresley woods..

View attachment 86205
The exceedingly rare Waresley tree violet ( Viola arborea madeupii)
I bet you were made up when you saw that.

Meanwhile, for passing interest, there was a brief feature on the wren's song slowed down on BBC Radio4 this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qygcb (about 16:30mins in)

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Out around the Cheshire Plain today in fabulous sunshine. Lost count of the number of Nuthatches I heard singing. Nice to hear my first Blackcaps too, about 5 I think. I was amazed that I didn't hear a single Willow Warbler despite being in good habitat. And not a single hirundine

I've just seem my first fledging of the season. A baby blackbird and a very tired and scruffy looking mum. She has been fed some sunflower seed hearts at the usual place.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 3653255, member: 9609"]although not my first Swallow of the year I have seen one or two down by the river - But within the last hour I have just seen my first Swallow of the year at home, when I opened the garage door this morning one flew out. @Glow worm
[/QUOTE]

Is that where they go for the winter? :unsure:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Another Swallow today as well as Jays and stunning view of a Buzzard just feet away perched on the hedge as we rode by. There was a Buzzard there a week or so ago - presumably the same one. A favourite perch spot. Haven't seen Linnets for quite a while but there were several sightings today

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Bats flying around the house, for some reason they seem to appear through the gap between us and next door then fly around the front of the row of houses.

I have no idea about insects, so I put what this did into Google, a fly that hovers and looks like a wasp and lo and behold it said it was a Hover Fly. Damn near impossible to get a shot of them hovering though.

16624119633_dc955c55cd_b.jpg

Top Bottom