Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Mind where you tread! Fox on our lawn early this morning, parking a log.
Apologies to anyone reading this during a meal, but you should be concentrating on your food, not your screen. xx(

Mind where you tread! Fox on our lawn early this morning, parking a log.
Apologies to anyone reading this during a meal, but you should be concentrating on your food, not your screen. xx(
hysterical :laugh:

my cat sleeps all day & looks out the window & the back door all night. some morning he does not want to go out. I wonder what he sees. I must get one of those cameras!

Poacher

Someone bumped my van the other day. They are paying for the damage. So yesterday I dropped it at the garage and took a wander along the river Erme at Ivybridge tennis club. View attachment 638275 View attachment 638276
View attachment 638277
View attachment 638278
View attachment 638279
View attachment 638280
Brilliant photos!
I suspect I may be having a(nother) senior moment, but I simply don't recognise that first bird.
Can you put me out of my misery and identify it?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I've seen a hare the last two days around my house. Very dark coat, presumably winter colouring.

Poacher

As soon as I saw it I had a WTF moment. It took a few more seconds to work out that it’s a robin. It was kicking around with a couple of normally marked robins.
Thanks for that; my first thought was Wheatear, but rapidly discarded that and thought chat, but which one? Robins are chats, of course, but I just didn't connect!
Worth sending pics to your local bird group or county recorder!

Edit: just showed it to Mrs Poacher, and she named it in about 2 seconds!
I'm not only humbled, but also committed to cooking tomorrow's dinner!

Last edited:
I was in a car that ran over a coypu/ragondin in the Massif Central, over west from you a few years ago... ...They were astonished to find one so far from a major river, and so far from an estuary, which apparently is where they were first introduced to France, on the Atlantic coast. They'd have been just as astonished to learn that they've got so far east.

If Coypu were not amphibious they'd all be rushing back into France today...

Last edited:
Top Bottom