Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
4 hogs left our garden last night and 2 came in

Proto

Legendary Member
Walking in the woods behind our house with the dog this afternoon, I spotted this snail on a beech leaf. Probably not that unusual but at 5ft from the ground I wondered how it got there. It's a big climb up the tree trunk, along several gradually diminishing branches and onto a leaf. Or did it get there some other way? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Last night's results
6 in and 6 out

Gillstay

Über Member
No. I won't have jumped, it hasn't got any legs. So it must have climbed, but why so far, why this particular leaf? Or could it have been dropped by a bird. I just thought it a bit strange.

I think it is to get away from the drought conditions as at ground level its much warmer. You would expect a Thrush to get them easier when they are up a tree though.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think it is to get away from the drought conditions as at ground level its much warmer. You would expect a Thrush to get them easier when they are up a tree though.

They climb all the way up the gable end of my house. You can see their slime trails on the brick. No leaves up there but I expect they hide away in nooks and crannies.

Top Bottom