Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just found a very freshly dead grass snake. Definitely one of this years off spring, sadly it had been run over on a very quiet single track lane. :sad: we mentioned it to one of our neighbours (also dog walking) who took it home for her husband to look at! On the bright side it means that there were at least 1 female adult and 1 male adult of breeding age at some point this year and most likely a number of youngsters as well!

blazed

220lb+
IMG_20150916_181912.jpg

Just outside.

Surlydave

Über Member
Further sightings from the golf course, female muntjac with fawn, female pheasant and chicks, don't hold out much hope for the little fellas, and the last swallows of the summer, again!!

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Kingfisher yesterday at Arundel WWT Centre. Didn't have a camera with me, but my son and I watched it with binoculars for ages as it fished in the lake. Beautiful colours in the sunshine.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
@summerdays is right.

@twentysix by twentyfive do you have Fuchsias in the garden? It will eat them rapidly!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
@summerdays is right.

@twentysix by twentyfive do you have Fuchsias in the garden? It will eat them rapidly!
Yes - that's correct @summerdays . Elephant Hawk Moth caterpillar.
No Fuchsias in the garden but I do have willowherb (one of the food plants). Unsure if there are any fuchsias in neighbours' gardens. The caterpillar was on an evening primrose plant tho'.

ACS

Legendary Member
Couple of red deer, a red squirrel, a young buzzard sitting on a fence post watching the world go by and a formation of geese heading north west, never a good sign.

Top Bottom