your favourite cartoonists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Another lovely xkcd offering - "farking peristeronic" is a phrase not often enough used.
adjectives.png

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I also have a soft spot for both Em (previously of one of the defunct London evening freebies) and Nemi (of the Metro), even though I'm way outside their target markets. And Berger and Wyse in the Guardian Weekend often provoke a full-blown laugh.
food005.jpg

I also rather like "Apparently..." by Mike Barfield and "First drafts" by Pearsall in the Eye, as well as some of their slow-burn long series. One of their cartoonists managed to make "Hello honey, I'm home" last for about three years.

YahudaMoon

Über Member

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hal Robins. Does the artwork for BobS Dobbs and the Church of Subgenius. I think he started his career with Alan Moore & Hunt Emerson

dobbsheads.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sean Agnew? He was one of the earlier Viz stars, and blooming funny, as well as a great draughtsman.

"Bertie Blunt, his parrots a ****" was really good. Here is the wiki snip.....

• Bertie Blunt (His Parrot's A C...) – a boy who owns an extremely violent, foul mouthed parrot that insults everyone and encourages him to commit suicide. When the parrot kills Bertie's grandmother, who leaves them all her money, Bertie fights back by spending his inheritance on a microwave oven which he then uses to cook the parrot alive. Chris Donald, creator of Viz, has said that in the early days of the magazine he would not permit the "c word" to be used, until an outside artist (Sean Agnew) sent him this strip which he found to be so good he decided to use it anyway.

Top Bottom