Your favourite lube....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Mine is this
Recommended to me last autumn by my lbs.
t comes out of the bottle like pearlescent grey snot and really does do what it says in the blurb.
After a winter's riding through all the fifth on the country lanes, I've just mickled my chain and again it's come up gleaming.
I'm certainly going to keep with it.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Mickled my chain???

Citius

Mine is this
Recommended to me last autumn by my lbs.
t comes out of the bottle like pearlescent grey snot and really does do what it says in the blurb.
After a winter's riding through all the fifth on the country lanes, I've just mickled my chain and again it's come up gleaming.
I'm certainly going to keep with it.

So you've just cleaned your chain, so it's clean again. And because of that, you are recommending your chain lube to everyone?

oldroadman

Veteran
The ever open question - how much? What a faff to apply though, is this an American product?

oldroadman

Veteran
The Mickle method is what pro team mechanics have always done, except the bike gets a proper wash down with detergent beforehand. Then the chain is rag cleaned, brush used on cluster, then chain lubed (with which ever free issue stuff they get, or failing that, good old diesel). No worries about one drop per link or waiting for hours, just brushed on, rag rubbed to clear excess, away you go to the other 8 team bikes.

bpsmith

Veteran
Something tells me that longevity is not a factor for pro teams @oldroadman.

They also throw their bikes in temper, have a team of domestiques and their Directeur Sportif follow them for the whole race telling them how well they're doing. Are these also things you suggest we all do?

Brandane

Legendary Member
ACF50. I originally used it as a motorcycle lubricant (including the chain) and corrosion protector. Now I use it on bicycles too. Chain, cables, shifters etc..
ACF-50-Spray.jpg

Top Bottom