Your greatest cycling achievement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
210 miles in day, Warrington to Cardigan at the tender age of 20, when I was slim, very fit and very fast. My uncle was a triple National champion medal winner, so it must be in the genes.

Nowadays, a very slow, flat 100 miles in a day is a bit too much in my old age, even on a nice summer's day.:sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
As a preferred solo rider I never gained from group rides but managing 50 mile rides at 18 mph plus average was going some (imho)
Maximum ride was 84 miles I think, virtually non stop.
Regularly cycling 6k miles a year for a few years.
Being the fittest 50 year old ( at that time) at work by far, fitter than many of my you get colleagues.

snorri

Legendary Member
My greatest achievement at the time was completing a LE-JOG, completion of which surprised me but indicated that I had the ability to take on more challenging tours in the future.
I will forever be grateful to the hills of Cornwall that became so tedious that my Cornwall tour morphed into a LEJOG:smile:.

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
52 imperial century rides in 2018, for the average of one per week. Just wanted something nice for the vicar to say about me at my funeral :rolleyes:. I set out to do 1 per month for the CC imperial century challenge, but things got a little out of hand :laugh:. Got lucky with the weather last year though, doubt i`d have been anywhere near that if i`d have had a go at it this year.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
London-Edinburgh-London in 2017 in under 100 hours despite being badly injured before the start, under doctor's orders not to ride ( :tongue: ) having damaged my RH achilles and what turned out to be internal bleeding and a split IT band on the right as well.

Twilkes

Guru
A very naive self-supported JogLe without any notable incident, when the longest I'd ever cycled in one go was about 30 miles.

or

Riding a monkey bike pissed-up at high speed in circles around a campfire in the Perthshire farm courtyard of a children's holiday centre without smashing my skull into the outbuilding walls.

Top Bottom