Your greatest cycling achievement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had to think pretty hard about this. I think my greatest achievement is that I've built up a base level of fitness that enables me to do the riding I want. I'm not super fit. I don't do super long distances. But I can get on my bike and ride 200k if I want. This is, for someone who has never been in the least bit athletic, something of an achievement.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
They just don't learn! or maybe she's just far smarter and knows how to get you moving. Has she tried it with the ironing? "There is absolutely no way you can do that lot before I get back from the hairdressers."
What Mrs B hasn't realised is that John sneaks a picture of each summit when they visit in the car...

kapelmuur

Veteran
I don’t have any achievements, but I was happy to ride up the 25% cobbles of the Kemmelberg in my 70th year.
The day before the Gent-Wevelgem race had passed that way and eventual winner Greg Van Avermaet had posted a time of just over 3 minutes for the 1 mile from the village at the foot of the climb to the top of the berg. I took almost exactly 10 minutes longer!

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
Southampton to Portsmouth and back in 1 day (+ planning)
Bristol to Reading along Kennet and Avon canal (2 day)
Winchester to Bognor Regis (2 day tour)
IOW 2 day tour.

Honourable mention : removing a stuck fixed cup (bottom bracket) using Sheldon Brown tool and cheater bar

Top Bottom