Your greatest cycling achievement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All relative - some will conquer the alps etc - others will do a 25 in under an hour or whatever ?

Mine
The Birmingham Velo - the first edition - 100 miles - great day - not fast but finished in a reasonable state

Being able to hold my own with a cycling club - and even moving up to the 3rd group on the training rides

Cycling abroad - not that I went far - but the fact that I could navigate through bike hire, fitness, and finding my around the island. My partner doesn't cycle - so it takes quite a bit of prep and forward planning (you can't wing it on your own) !

Over to you.......

All uphill

Still rolling along
Staying upright at the age of four. Sixty years later I remember the wonderful feeling of speed and freedom.

I've been repeating the experience ever since, with the odd failure.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have only pottered about on a bike, and never really done anything spectacularly impressive. I'm not quick and the furthest that I've ridden in one go is 'only' about 225 kms (140 miles). (That may seem like a long way to some people but not to anybody into long distance cycling!)

I have tackled hundreds of steep hills (thousands of times in total) and a few small mountains, but the highest that I have ever been is 'only' about 1,000 metres. (Again - a huge elevation to some, but not to anybody who has ridden up 'proper' mountains.)

I think that my greatest cycling achievement is getting back on my bike 8 months after nearly dying from a pulmonary embolism (circulation to lungs almost cut off by blood clots). It was a bloody scary time and incredibly hard to get going again. It took me couple of months to even be able to walk 100 metres without having to stop for a rest.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Maybe not "greatest achievement" but bloody good fun. Got the idea from another poster on this forum

Attachments

• 844A2D8F-3B6D-47D9-A93B-F9B4A4B657C0.jpeg
    844A2D8F-3B6D-47D9-A93B-F9B4A4B657C0.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Cycling abroad - not that I went far - but the fact that I could navigate through bike hire, fitness, and finding my around the island. My partner doesn't cycle - so it takes quite a bit of prep and forward planning (you can't wing it on your own) !

Over to you.......

Winging it on my own...

Repeatedly, at home, and abroad :shy:

That's the beauty of solo cycling and touring - you can get lost / blown off course repeatedly.

And no-one need ever know :okay:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Winging it on my own...

Repeatedly, at home, and abroad :shy:

That's the beauty of solo cycling and touring - you can get lost / blown off course repeatedly.

And no-one need ever know :okay:

I might need to MTFU then - the thought of getting lost in a foreign country - not speaking the lingo - mildly terrifies me !

Top Bottom