Your Heart Attack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll have a sarnie !!!

I'm v. low risk here !

Keep up the cycling folks !

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Ive been in such condition, in the past, now - that I know just how I feel that I'm in bad condition and need to exercise: funny how other less fit people just dont get this 'need to exercise' thing !

Saddle bum

Über Member
Fell of my bike with a heart attack, rode home and called the doctor, who summoned an ambulance. There is no mistaking the symptoms.

I don't consider heart attacks humourous in the least. Five days in ITU, three weeks in hospital and three months off work.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Saddle bum said:
Fell of my bike with a heart attack, rode home and called the doctor, who summoned an ambulance. There is no mistaking the symptoms.

I don't consider heart attacks humourous in the least. Five days in ITU, three weeks in hospital and three months off work.

I know they're not Sadd' BUT - the majority of us DO cycle ! :ohmy: and so have not much to worry about compared to lazy bastard cardrivers ! :blush:

and can i dip my crust in the bottom of the grill please!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my employers have an annual health road show. at the first one (i had been riding to work for 6ish months) i had an unhealthily high cholesterol level. however, i had enough faith in the cycling not to alter my lifestyle (save for joining a club and riding at weekends). sure enough, at the next one, my cholesterol was down to a healthy level, with no change in diet (and i am a stranger to the 5 a day thing).

i'll need to keep cycling if i want to eat what i like to eat - what a result :rolleyes:

postman

Legendary Member
Bacon over here please.Couple of years ago i had something called Pericarditis.I think that is the spelling.Anyway felt like a heart attack.But was swelling of fluid arond the heart caused by a virus.I was on a ward. But during the night i passed out.Just as i shouted for the nurse cos i felt crap.Spent 24 hrs on an icu ward.Boy there were some real heart probs up their.Mine cleared up with drugs.Never had trouble since.But get this.Tomorrow i see the nurse.My cholestrerol is up and viscocity of something else is up.After last weeks test.Will have to go on a low fat diet for a few months.Told her i have just cycled nearly 70 miles in two days.Have lost 5'' off the waist line in two years since i retired.Stopped beer just after xmas.Bottle of red once a month.I hope this dieting lark is not to drastic.

asterix

Comrade Member
Saddle bum said:

..and how are you now? Not many people with heart attacks can cycle home, I'd have thought?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Anyone see this - i never: though I did get too via the link on the 1st post.

Interesting.

In book, as long as you - keep away from problem people (stress) - eat well and healthily - take exercise your doing your bit to a sound healthy (that word again) body and mind.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Saddle bum said:
I don't consider heart attacks humourous in the least.

Agreed.
I was on a bike pootling to work in Holland when I had the classic "Filing-cabinet" on the chest moment. Even then continued to work, had customer meeting and flew home. Initial visit to the docs didn't set too many alarm bells ringing except being sent for tests. 2 weeks later couldn't even lie down without minor angina attacks and was ambulanced for emergency stenting.
Even with a good diet, well above average fitness and much medication I still have high cholesterol. Seems I'm a factory for the stuff.

As the film says, don't ignore the signs, I was giving myself minor Angina attacks long before the big-one when I was out training, and other symptoms I ignored or convinced myself that I weas stressed etc.

Enjoy your bacon sarnies if you can... I did :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I'd just like to make plain on this thread that I wasnt taking the mick from victims: just bringing it to our attention but if I offended anyone then apologies !

Though laughter is good for bad health, though!

Top Bottom