Your least favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Any Bond film.
Any Stallone film, especially any with Stallone in it :angry:
Any Bill and Ted films.
Anything with Adam Sandler in it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Lost In Translation.

Watching paint dry would have been more interesting.

watching paint dry was more interesting.

Agree.

It's one of those films that manages to convince people that it's profound by ensuring that sod all happens.

And that lead characters spend a lot of time looking blank.

The descendant of those foreign 70s/80s foreign art films.

I liked Lost in Translation, got Bill Murray in it too, he's is a first rate actor.

Proto

Legendary Member
Buena Vista Social Club. Hated the music. Hated the old Cuban blokes. Hated everything about it. One of the very few movies I have walked out before the finish. I lasted about half way, then went and sat in the cinema foyer until it finished, as for some perverse reason my wife wanted to watch it all.

PS Lost in Translation. One of my very favourite films. Loved everything about it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Buena Vista Social Club. Hated the music. Hated the old Cuban blokes. Hated everything about it. One of the very few movies I have walked out before the finish. I lasted about half way, then went and sat in the cinema foyer until it finished, as for some perverse reason my wife wanted to watch it all.

I was a little disappointed by that too... they're far far better live.

Ian A

Über Member
Not sure if it counts but Samurai Cop is a quite possibly one of the worst films ever made. Not "ok but over rated" or "so bad it's quite entertaining if you've had a few drinks" like a tiny minoriry of the low budget action films available. This is absolute dross of the highest order. I would recommend not watching it out of curiosity. The trailer is on Youtube along with one of the more famous scenes. Both clips contain potty mouth.

Last edited:

Lemond

Any Judd Apatow "comedy"

gbb

Legendary Member
I've got that knuckle dragging numbskull Stallones voice in my head now, that and his fuggin ugly mug, sweet jesus, possibly one of the very most overrated 'actors' ever to crawl from under a rock.
You may have deduced....I don't like him :laugh:

Ian A

Über Member
Brilliant film.
I didn't want to sound over enthusiastic as I watched it a long time ago and my memory of it isn't very clear. I think I watched it on VHS which is going back a bit but remember enjoying it along with the people I watched it with and being surprised by Stallone's acting. Might have another watch of this when I get chance.

I've got that knuckle dragging numbskull Stallones voice in my head now, that and his fuggin ugly mug, sweet jesus, possibly one of the very most overrated 'actors' ever to crawl from under a rock.
You may have deduced....I don't like him :laugh:

You're welcome :cheers:.

Rocky Three is a classic. Any film where Mr T is the acting tour de force is one to remember :biggrin:.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I didn't want to sound over enthusiastic as I watched it a long time ago and my memory of it isn't very clear. I think I watched it on VHS which is going back a bit but remember enjoying it along with the people I watched it with and being surprised by Stallone's acting. Might have another watch of this when I get chance.

We watched it again and he really was that good, in fact no lazy performances from any of the cast I rec.

Glad it's not just me, but I did not get on with Sideways either or My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

I hate all the dumb and dumber style movies but liked Forest Gump.

Hate a lot of Jim carey, but think that The Truman Show is one of the great films.

My absolute worst though is Braveheart, I could only take 20 minutes before Mel Gibson's wayward Scottish accent got to me.

Cripes.

Afraid you beat me to it - I came back here to nominate Forest Gump for the crapola prize.

Not funny, not cute. Glorifies ignorance and stupidity as if it's a holy calling and is in parts profoundly reactionary.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not sure if it counts but Samurai Cop is a quite possibly one of the worst films ever made. Not "ok but over rated" or "so bad it's quite entertaining if you've had a few drinks" like a tiny minoriry of the low budget action films available. This is absolute dross of the highest order. I would recommend not watching it out of curiosity. The trailer is on Youtube along with one of the more famous scenes. Both clips contain potty mouth.
may i recommend Siamese Cop... The ultimate cop buddy movie!

Has anybody put forward that utter tripe The Rocky Horror Picture Show yet?

While we're at it, Withnail and I and Pulp Fiction as well.

Agree about Pulp Fiction. I well remember the opening and the music at the beginning when I saw it in Brighton and thinking, hey this is going to be really good. Then rapidly downhill. It has no soul, thinks it's clever clever, and call me prissy but I didn't like its violence as comedy thing. I can only think that some marketing genius managed a really good word of mouth/viral thing before viral really existed.

Top Bottom