Your least favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I walked out of the cinema during Twister, Christ it was shíte, I'm not sure why I agreed to go in the first place.

You were promised a blowjob if you could stick it to the end maybe?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Can't say I actually hate any films though I've given up on a few and am not tempted by others. I generally like scifi, fantasy, superhero stuff but have never made it all the way through a Batman film, walked out of some Lenny Henry nonsense and gave up on Moulin Rouge.

But I'm with @swee'pea99 here I'm surprised by some of the films that get more than one mention on here. Whether a movie is actually a classic or not will come down to personal taste but hating things like Lost in Translation, Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc, etc, I don't get it. They may not be perfect but they entertain.

I also saw an early reference for Kingpin, one of my all time favourite films along with Lost in Translation....maybe I'm just a Bill Murray fan

I dislike lots of films as I really am not into fantasy or musicals or horror. But on the films that I expected to like but was really disappointed with-

Knight and Day (Cruse/Diaz) was so so bad. You just wanted to punch Cruse every time his stupid face popped up.

A few Tarantino films have cropped up so far but really the stinker is From Dusk til Dawn. If you have a zombie film then you want a build up to zombies in the first half and then zombies. If you have a road movie then you want a road movie with tension building to a good close. Don't stick a zombie movie on the end of a road movie just out of the blue. Seems like he wrote three quarters of the film, decided it was a bit dull and shoved in a naked dancer who turned into a zombie to pep it up a bit. Just made no sense.

While on a Zombie rant - Shaun of the Dead it is two jokes; a poor pun on dawn/Shaun and then a gross OTT hack up of zombies in a gross/funny way. That's it really.

Oceans 11. Just so stupid and dull you did not care when the big reveal came at the end.

AndyRM

XOXO
A few Tarantino films have cropped up so far but really the stinker is From Dusk til Dawn. If you have a zombie film then you want a build up to zombies in the first half and then zombies. If you have a road movie then you want a road movie with tension building to a good close. Don't stick a zombie movie on the end of a road movie just out of the blue. Seems like he wrote three quarters of the film, decided it was a bit dull and shoved in a naked dancer who turned into a zombie to pep it up a bit. Just made no sense.

I bloody love Dusk Til Dawn and would like to point out that they are vampires, not zombies.

My least favourite of Tarantino's is probably Kill Bill 2.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Nice to see this 7-year old thread being revived!

My least favourite films are generally those that are basically non-interactive video games with product placements. So almost everything ever done by Michael Bay, and almost all the recent superhero revivals, Peter Jackson's Hobbit adaptation(s) etc. etc. I almost can't actually physically watch them because the digital blurring and camera motion makes me feel ill.

But it's almost worse when someone tries to make an 'intelligent' film with the same kind of aesthetic - like Inception, which is basically a film designed to make people feel like they've seen something clever, when actually it's quite simple and is basically a vehicle for endless special FX fight'n'chase scenes... (it's actually worth comparing this to Nolan's earlier Memento, which really is quite clever and uses very little in the way of SFX and gripping low budget mind-twisters like Primer or Pi.

potsy

Rambler
I bloody love Dusk Til Dawn and would like to point out that they are vampires, not zombies.
I was one of the one's that listed reservoir dogs as a poor film but really enjoyed Dusk til Dawn, more so because I knew absolutely nothing about the 'plot' before hand so was :eek: when the vampires (not zombies) appeared ^_^

I would also list all cowboy films and absolutely anything with John Wayne in, similarly if Steven Seagull is in the cast list then it goes straight on the list of 'never to be watched' films.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was one of the one's that listed reservoir dogs as a poor film but really enjoyed Dusk til Dawn, more so because I knew absolutely nothing about the 'plot' before hand so was :eek: when the vampires (not zombies) appeared ^_^

I would also list all cowboy films and absolutely anything with John Wayne in, similarly if Steven Seagull is in the cast list then it goes straight on the list of 'never to be watched' films.

I love Seagull, he is one of the crappest actors ever! And I think he knows it which enhances his appeal. I've even seen his band a few times! Though I will admit that I don't really rate Under Siege 2.

andyfraser

Über Member
But it's almost worse when someone tries to make an 'intelligent' film with the same kind of aesthetic - like Inception, which is basically a film designed to make people feel like they've seen something clever, when actually it's quite simple and is basically a vehicle for endless special FX fight'n'chase scenes... (it's actually worth comparing this to Nolan's earlier Memento, which really is quite clever and uses very little in the way of SFX and gripping low budget mind-twisters like Primer or Pi.
I'll second Primer and Pi. Both very good, completely mind twisting films.

Erudin

Veteran
Hole in the Wall

"It then wastes no time in plunging you headfirst into some of the most sickening, unsettling and altogether odd sights it can come up with. This is a film that will probably disgust, repel and offend everyone in its audience, and that’s just within the first twenty minutes.!"

I was already looking like this :eek:before she turned into a Zombie!

It was playing along gently with a great tension between the family and the two baddies with a threat to the family and the girl well set up and due to come to some conclusion and we were set for the family to find a way out of their situation. Then it is like someone flips over to Shaun of the dead! All the back story and relationship is gone and they hack up zombies (which is basically all you can do in zombie films).

Top Bottom