Your least favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I was already looking like this :eek:before she turned into a Zombie!

It was playing along gently with a great tension between the family and the two baddies with a threat to the family and the girl well set up and due to come to some conclusion and we were set for the family to find a way out of their situation. Then it is like someone flips over to Shaun of the dead! All the back story and relationship is gone and they hack up zombies (which is basically all you can do in zombie films).
Vampires not zombies!! :banghead:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Let me help ...

Vampires, not zombies!! :laugh:

Ian A

Über Member
have never made it all the way through a Batman film

I never have high expectations of Batman films but was confused by all the hype/fanboy reaction for the new ones. Seen them, not bad but nothing more. The Adam West version is still the best while being terrible. Played very tongue in cheek and just about watchable. Just.
My least favourite of Tarantino's is probably Kill Bill 2.

Must admit I quite enjoyed that one. It had been roundly panned when I saw it so wasn't expecting much.

Sorry !
You can note that I drifted off a bit at that point when it all went into a stupid slash up nonsense film.

I would say a Vampire wears a cape and is a wily fox type person who lures his victim into a position to suck some blood from them.
Zombies wander around in a rather brain dead way and walk slowly towards you but you have trouble killing them.
The things in this film were rather Zombie like if this is the criteria.
Were they Zombie Vampires??

AndyRM

XOXO
Sorry !
You can note that I drifted off a bit at that point when it all went into a stupid slash up nonsense film.

I would say a Vampire wears a cape and is a wily fox type person who lures his victim into a position to suck some blood from them.
Zombies wander around in a rather brain dead way and walk slowly towards you but you have trouble killing them.
The things in this film were rather Zombie like if this is the criteria.
Were they Zombie Vampires??

This is exactly what the vampires do: it's the crux of the film. They'd been rather successful too, until the Geckos and Fullers show up.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

Just appalling.

In terms of "I don't get it (but everyone else seems to)" Inglorious Basterds, which I detest.

AndyRM

XOXO
Anything by peter jackson long and self indulgent shite

Pre-LOTR he made some properly excellent films. I still don't understand how he managed to go from stuff like Dead Alive and Bad Taste to LOTR.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Anything by peter jackson long and self indulgent shite

I'm pleased that somebody else thinks like I do as I feel in the minority regarding the shite films he makes these days. It's a shame as Braindead (Dead Alive) is an excellent B movie that shows how talented he used to be, he also had his name on the credits of District 9 which was a cracking film, think he just produced it though.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm pleased that somebody else thinks like I do as I feel in the minority regarding the shite films he makes these days. It's a shame as Braindead (Dead Alive) is an excellent B movie that shows how talented he used to be, he also had his name on the credits of District 9 which was a cracking film, think he just produced it though.

Yeah, Jackson was the producer for that. Could all have been very different though, as he was originally looking to produce a Halo film, with Blomkamp as director. Thank f*ck they couldn't get the funding for that!

andyfraser

Über Member
Pre-LOTR he made some properly excellent films. I still don't understand how he managed to go from stuff like Dead Alive and Bad Taste to LOTR.
I quite liked LOTR. It's The Hobbit where I feel he lost it. At most The Hobbit is two films, probably around two hours each, not three three hour films. And he had to go and add new stuff that wasn't in the book. That's self-indulgent.

This is exactly what the vampires do: it's the crux of the film. They'd been rather successful too, until the Geckos and Fullers show up.

Crux of the film? How did it relate to everything that happened before the snake woman? There was a whole story there of the hostages and robbers that suddenly was dropped.

Meanwhile the vampires just came from nowhere . Surely you build tension first in a good film? Surely if you had people going into a situation of danger it is more tense if they (or we the audience) know it is dangerous.
Each half before and after the snake woman had no relation to each other. Why did we care if the bank robbers lived? It just did not flow at all.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not sure the intention was to create any kind of tension, beyond what exists within the group. It's supposed to be a WTF moment for everyone. The situation completely changes, and so does the film.

Top Bottom