Your number one fear with cycling ?

What is your number one fear with cycling ?

• Getting run over

Votes: 61 53.5%
  • Getting your cycle stolen

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Getting caught in a downpour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting too old to be able to ride

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Getting a puncture

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Linford

Linford

If you mean my posts AC, they were only mickey taking.

Linf has a long history of being terrified of everything except his bizarre, horse owning, middle-class set in Cheltenham. He thinks Gloucestershire is terrifying and routinely uses words like chav scum and he we had a long dabate about his terror of a paedophile moving in anywhere near him (again, just a straightforward misunderstanding of probabilty by Linf) - my thesis is he lives in constant terror from outsiders.

Witness his quote from yesterday "'I've never been worried about getting hit off, or getting too old, but theft risk in a big town is never far away because they are full of chav scum :sad:

He has an awful lot of previous in slagging off immigrants - especially young female ones in Cheltenham shops - unfortunately the forum history from his previous incarnation has been purged - essentially he implied the shops of Cheltenham were packed with feckless Polish women with endless children together with his other impressive ouevre of garbage.

My posts were jokes that he would understand and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

I'm afraid he deserves to have the mickey taken - he ignores serious discussion and is just is here to criticise in my experience

Ignoring all the personal attacks you are so keen to make on me, and my lifestyle (where did this paedophile thing come from. I have no recollection of a debate about this ???)

Anyway, can we actually discuss immigration properly on another thread dedicated to it as you really have a big chip about my thoughts on this one, and use any of my posts on any subject to raise the issue ?

The floor is yours, but don't use a thread about cycling to vent you prejudice towards me - there is a good chap.....

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2046088, member: 45"]That's really very good then, isn't it? I would hope that one's rights are available for all to learn at any age.

Any suggestion that a person should not know their rights is a clear implication that the writer wishes those rights to be removed.[/quote]

You've never actually 'lived' in a rough area have you?

al78

Guru
[QUOTE 2046088, member: 45"]That's really very good then, isn't it? I would hope that one's rights are available for all to learn at any age.

Any suggestion that a person should not know their rights is a clear implication that the writer wishes those rights to be removed.[/quote]

I suspect that he means they know their rights but have no regard for the responsibilities that go with those rights.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I suspect that he means they know their rights but have no regard for the responsibilities that go with those rights.

Absolutely. They have no fear of any level of retribution which the system can hand out. They don't worry about incarceration, they don't worry about a clip around the ear by the plod who catches them in the act. They are surrounded by teams of hand wringers as soon as they enter the criminal justice system.
The worst thing about modern society is that their moral compas is totally skewed as they miss the role models who might stand up and say that what they are doing is wrong - and why !
They are the product of a generation of people who also lacked this, so they will then go on to breed the next generation who think it is OK to take something which doesn't belong to them. There are no scruples there whatsoever - and I am a lot closer to it than you might imagine.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Absolutely. They have no fear of any level of retribution which the system can hand out. They don't worry about incarceration, they don't worry about a clip around the ear by the plod who catches them in the act. They are surrounded by teams of hand wringers as soon as they enter the criminal justice system.
The worst thing about modern society is that their moral compas is totally skewed as they miss the role models who might stand up and say that what they are doing is wrong - and why !
They are the product of a generation of people who also lacked this, so they will then go on to breed the next generation who think it is OK to take something which doesn't belong to them. There are no scruples there whatsoever - and I am a lot closer to it than you might imagine.

And a couple of posts ago you were complaining that Mangaman was diverting the thread from the subject of cycling...

As comented on already Cycling is about fun, so although I voted for not being run over ( as I have already had that one happen) I did walk away from it fortunatly though the bike suffered somewhat.. The real problem is being miles from home and the bike being stolen so perhaps I should have voted for that?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

So if that good why did he move ?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I don't understand the fuss about living in a 'rough' area, my neighbourhood was (until recently) officially one of the ten most 'deprived' neighbourhoods in the entire country, and yet when you look at the local crime maps the crime (excluding domestics and fuedal violence) appears to be happening in all the neighbourhoods surrounding ours...

mangaman

Ignoring all the personal attacks you are so keen to make on me, and my lifestyle (where did this paedophile thing come from. I have no recollection of a debate about this ???)

Just before you flounced - it was the same debate you've forgotten about in which you went on about Polish women in Cheltenham shops - sadly no longer in the archives. You were concerned that there may be paedophiles living near you and you would never know.

Anyway, can we actually discuss immigration properly on another thread dedicated to it as you really have a big chip about my thoughts on this one, and use any of my posts on any subject to raise the issue ?

Why would I want to discuss immigration with you?

The floor is yours, but don't use a thread about cycling to vent you prejudice towards me - there is a good chap.....

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2046531, member: 45"]You're suggesting that I moved because I lived in a rough area, and also that I've never lived in a rough area.[/quote]

There are a lot of reasons for uprooting ones family and moving 100 miles away. I spent this morning in Yatton, and was in Cheddar collecting a horse for a friend on sunday so I am familiar with where you moved, and have spent enough time in Brum over the years to see why it wasnt a difficult decision to make.

The guys in the co I was visiting all commute there from Northampton Kettering, Banbury, Swansea, and stay in B&B during the week, so there was nothing to stop you doing similar if Brum was so hot as a place to raise a family. There are good and bad parts in Brum, but the whole place is really not as nice give the choice is it.
It is a lot to expect of your family to move from all their network of friends just for your career aspirations, and so it could only realistically happen if the new place was really a step up...don't you agree?

Top Bottom