Your peeve about the neighbours - name it here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Neighbours above (flat) had a drip from their boiler which went through our ceiling and rotted it. They wouldn't call a plumber and insisted that it wasn't them. Had months of battling with the freeholder to get them to intervene, but they were useless. Ended up claiming through buildings insurer in the end, who took our ceiling down, found that it was their boiler leaking (same pipe), got it fixed and billed the freeholder for it. About a year later, their pipes exploded under their sink while they were out, so we had to be re-housed by insurers for 4 months while our place got completely gutted out, having had 3 or 4 hours of water leak onto ours - quite exciting - fire brigade came out & smashed their doors in & everything & fixed the pipe by borrowing a potato and wedging it in the pipe. About 2 months after moving back in, they leaked on us again. If that's not grounds for murder then I don't know what is, but luckily, I'm down with the buddhist meditation malarkey...ommmmmmm!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The problem with my neighbours, is that I don't have any...

You may have hit on something there.

An estate agent once told me he had sold an isolated house several times.

People who have had neighbour problems think it's a great idea to be totally on their own, but when it comes to living that way, they don't like it.

So much as a lot of us have problems with neighbours, we wouldn't like it if there were none.

screenman

Legendary Member
Tall fences make good neighbours, we have tall fences. Also being well detached, house wise that is, helps even more on the noise front.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
One of mine like to leave stuff out for the scrap man because they are to lazy to take it to the tip, yes the scrap men need stuf but they left a fridge freezer on the road for 2 weeks and the local youths were pushing it about at night .
In the end i did an anonymous email the to councils website and its now sitting on their front garden .

MisterStan

Label Required
One of mine like to leave stuff out for the scrap man because they are to lazy to take it to the tip, yes the scrap men need stuf but they left a fridge freezer on the road for 2 weeks and the local youths were pushing it about at night .
In the end i did an anonymous email the to councils website and its now sitting on their front garden .
I left an old fridge out on the road for the scrap man and some busybody has complained to the council - it's back on our front garden now. :cursing:

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Parking, parking, parking!! Neighbour on one side always polite, courteous and leaves plenty of room. Other side seems to think his BMW needs a mountain of room around it and always parks inconsiderately. We've only lived there for 13 years, surely it cant be that difficult to remember that your next door neighbour has a car and might like to park somewhere near their house.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My neighbours are lovely. My only gripe is they're old, will one day snuff it, and we'll get me ones who aren't so nice.
Funny you should say that. Our neighbours on the left, as we look at the front of the house, have a 5 bedder and all their kids have left home now. The neighbours are in their 60's now and the council is talking about downsizing them to a family that needs such a large house. They are such lovely quiet neighbours, who are digging in their toes about moving, but it's bound to happen at some point.

The other side are nice. Young family with 4 kids. Both the neighbour's houses have bedrooms over our flat. The bedrooms above our bedrooms are currently empty :thumbsup: the kids bedrooms are over our living room and kitchen. Sometimes - not often - it's like having a herd of fairy elephants over our heads but not often. They do yell a lot next door though.

However, after our last neighbour, our current ones are just wonderful. No pet peeves about this lot at all. They are great.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I left an old fridge out on the road for the scrap man and some busybody has complained to the council - it's back on our front garden now. :cursing:
Along with a broken trampoline, a dismantled chest of drawers and a box of cr
Yes the neighborhoods really gone down hill since you moved in :smile:
My main concern was it causing an accident as it was nearly on the road at a t junction, kids/animals getting stuck in it etc and tbh they dont give a hoot , iu have even cut their lawns etc for them .If swmbo had not spent money like water twice ! for a change i would not have ended up in the "rough " part of town .If it were not for the kids i would have packed my bags years ago .

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The bloke across the road sits on his settee at night with the curtains open.so he "can see everything that goes on" He must be watching me because he comments on things like "i see you were only out at work for three hours today". The nosey git!! The next door neighbours are fine with us after 20 odd years but when we first moved in they banged on the wall for the slightest noise, even one night hammering on the door while wearing their pyjamas. to complain about the noise from a rowing machine i was using,this was at 8.30pm by the way!:dry:

My ex neighbour was a complete and utter bully, he would save his parking space with a wheelie bin and SCREAM abuse at anyone who went to park there. I'm pretty sure he used to use his fists on his missus. He was also upset that the tree outside his house dropped leaves on his car, so at night he half sawed through it so the council had to take it down. That was the last straw for me. I exacted an extremely costly, for him, revenge. I'm not particularly proud of myself but I ruined his life for a fair while.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You may have hit on something there.

An estate agent once told me he had sold an isolated house several times.

People who have had neighbour problems think it's a great idea to be totally on their own, but when it comes to living that way, they don't like it.

So much as a lot of us have problems with neighbours, we wouldn't like it if there were none.

Basically we don't like other people living too close to us. The further away other people are the better. I blame our time in London for giving us these tendencies.

NB: we are pretty friendly really!

Top Bottom