Your peeve about the neighbours - name it here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Scrappies do not like fridges, no weight, too much volume and the gas can be a problem as many recyclers will not buy them.
It was a light hearted reply to @cyberknight's gripe.... :thumbsup:

young Ed

Veteran
You may have hit on something there.

An estate agent once told me he had sold an isolated house several times.

People who have had neighbour problems think it's a great idea to be totally on their own, but when it comes to living that way, they don't like it.

So much as a lot of us have problems with neighbours, we wouldn't like it if there were none.
our nearest neighbours are a good 2 or 300 metres from our house and we never see them, never been bothered by their horses or stable or anything and love it that way. TBH I wouldn't mind being a hundred miles from anyone!
My ex neighbour was a complete and utter bully, he would save his parking space with a wheelie bin and SCREAM abuse at anyone who went to park there. I'm pretty sure he used to use his fists on his missus. He was also upset that the tree outside his house dropped leaves on his car, so at night he half sawed through it so the council had to take it down. That was the last straw for me. I exacted an extremely costly, for him, revenge. I'm not particularly proud of myself but I ruined his life for a fair while.
what was this 'revenge' if i may ask?

I don't have any servants these days, they've all joined @vernon's staff
mis-treating them were you?
then again the staff just aren't good enough these days, reminds me i need to fire my butler AND maids as they have been slacking recently!
Cheers Ed

what was this 'revenge' if i may ask?

You may ask, I won't say, other than it wasn't harm to a person. It cost my neighbour a five figure sum, but he was a git so I don't care.

U

User169

Our neighbours have just moved out. A bit of a shame as they were very pleasant.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sometimes, on one side, their dog barking is a little bit boring, and, on the other, their infant grandchild bawls like a good 'un, but otherwise two more lovely families you couldn't hope to have as neighbours.

byegad

Legendary Member
Next door on one side we have aged hippies. He doesn't so much park his car outside his house as abandon it somewhere in the vicinity of the kerb! Other than that they're OK although they do have family sing songs every now and again!

The other side is now used as emergency rehousing and the range of tenants goes from OK people down on their luck to complete lunatics, we've had their front door smashed down by their acquaintances on several occasions, one tenant was raped by her ex husband at 3 o'clock in the morning. As she'd been noisy to the point of us ignoring her, sadly we just put all of the commotion down to another party getting out of hand. Another lent his car to a 'friend' who managed to ram the hippy's car into mine. Down the street another house used for the same role had a particularly vicious murder a few years back.

The one good thing is that these wonderful people never stay long, averaging a month's stay, with the shortest a few days and the longest 3 months.

Top Bottom