Your peeve about the neighbours - name it here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was an amusing postscript. My mate saw the bloke's son in a pub after I'd left. The son went mad on my mate cos he'd seen him with me, so the son started shouting "You know me! 34 XXXX Road!" The son got out of control and had to be bundled out of the pub by the bouncer. So, my idiot neighbour's son got aggressive and was ejected from a pub after he shouted out his own address. Not usually a problem, except the pub was run by a kind of Murphia and by a staggering coincidence the house at the address the idiot's son had shouted out in a crowded pub had all its windows put through by half bricks that very night.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Next door on one side we have aged hippies. He doesn't so much park his car outside his house as abandon it somewhere in the vicinity of the kerb! Other than that they're OK although they do have family sing songs every now and again.
I've got a few friends like that. :biggrin: they may as well walk TBH

Mrs M

Guru
My neighbours are lovely. My only gripe is they're old, will one day snuff it, and we'll get me ones who aren't so nice.
Yep, our next door neighbours are lovely but in 80's though you wouldn't think it, happy and full of life, never see them as old!
There have been a few minor annoyances over the years-
The folks over the road with loads of cars and company vehicles, up to 6.
The bird feeders attracting seagulls that bomb the car, washing, etc.
" Weird kid" from 2 doors up, used to stalk the cats, hide in our garden and catapult stones at them, happily moved away now. Probably in Polmont.
That's about it so we have been quite lucky, as we get older we seem to get more tolerant or maybe we just can't be bothered.
Things could be a lot worse, pity folks with real problem neighbours.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mine mixed with people who dealt drugs and then tried to burn the block down causing £30k worth of damage and nearly killing everyone. Thankfully the court finally ruled him evicted last week. Only had to put up with him for 4 years.

RedRider

Pulling through
We have a vulnerable neighbour upstairs. He's a sweet bloke but is so trusting and acts so bizarrely he puts himself and others in danger in all sorts of ways.
It's inner London, it's part of the panoply and one can't help but smile at some of the scrapes and antics but it's a difficult situation and for me on occasion a bit exhausting because it's like being at work at home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Neighbours above (flat) had a drip from their boiler which went through our ceiling and rotted it. They wouldn't call a plumber and insisted that it wasn't them. Had months of battling with the freeholder to get them to intervene, but they were useless. Ended up claiming through buildings insurer in the end, who took our ceiling down, found that it was their boiler leaking (same pipe), got it fixed and billed the freeholder for it. About a year later, their pipes exploded under their sink while they were out, so we had to be re-housed by insurers for 4 months while our place got completely gutted out, having had 3 or 4 hours of water leak onto ours - quite exciting - fire brigade came out & smashed their doors in & everything & fixed the pipe by borrowing a potato and wedging it in the pipe. About 2 months after moving back in, they leaked on us again. If that's not grounds for murder then I don't know what is, but luckily, I'm down with the buddhist meditation malarkey...ommmmmmm!!

Talk about massive bad luck. I am sure you will be acquitted if it went that far.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Next door leave their glass recycling box on a low wall that separates our driveways. Mrs. jongooligan sometimes doesn't notice it and sweeps it off the wall onto their driveway when she opens the car door. Then she cleans up the mess, moaning all the while but she never asks them to put it somewhere else.
They're generally OK too

Peteaud

Veteran
Either side are pretty good to be fair, but the ones on the other side of the road, :cursing:

1st we have the pikey famaily, as we call them. 1/2 dismantled trampoline thing on the fron, old lawnmowers, bikes and other crap strewn about and the woman is a known scrote with a big mouth on her.

Then we have the F*ckwits, a whole family of them.

Fwit father does sod all work apart from some odd hours somewhere, although he is extending the house, brick by brick on a weekly basis by the looks of it .

Fwit mother is no looker and by the looks likes a drink or 8.

Fwit daughter and me dont speak ever since i had a go at her for giving mrs Aud some lip.

Fwit boy, is a complete waste of space who at the age of 15/17 at a guess still likes to go and play ball with a bunch of 7-8 years old down the road. Then just bounces the ball alot.

The fwit mobile (they have 3 at the moment, all in various states of abandonment) is currently blocking most of the road and had the drivers window down.

Other wise, all good :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
Either side are pretty good to be fair, but the ones on the other side of the road, :cursing:

1st we have the pikey famaily, as we call them. 1/2 dismantled trampoline thing on the fron, old lawnmowers, bikes and other crap strewn about and the woman is a known scrote with a big mouth on her.

Then we have the F*ckwits, a whole family of them.

Fwit father does sod all work apart from some odd hours somewhere, although he is extending the house, brick by brick on a weekly basis by the looks of it .

Fwit mother is no looker and by the looks likes a drink or 8.

Fwit daughter and me dont speak ever since i had a go at her for giving mrs Aud some lip.

Fwit boy, is a complete waste of space who at the age of 15/17 at a guess still likes to go and play ball with a bunch of 7-8 years old down the road. Then just bounces the ball alot.

The fwit mobile (they have 3 at the moment, all in various states of abandonment) is currently blocking most of the road and had the drivers window down.

Other wise, all good :laugh:
Lol, the f***wits. :laugh:

Top Bottom