Your peeve about the neighbours - name it here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a number of issues with neighbours in our old terraced house, mostly concerning noise. Moved to a detached in a quiter part of town a few years ago, no noise issues and our neighbours very nice when we speak to them but the problem is that we hardly ever see them. With the exception of the teenage daughter next door my wife and I appear to be the only people in the street who ever set foot on the pavement. The only chance of speaking to anyone else is for the 2 seconds it takes them to step from their front door to their car in the drive. Swings and roundabouts.

Leodis

Veteran
Ours are ok, we now have a family from Hong kong who cant speak a word of English with the exception of the 5 year old but its funny communicating with them. The kids are loud and I mean loud at bedtime, running around and banging but apart from that ok. T'ther side are horrid drug dealers and fencers who we avoid who seem to be able to redecorate their house every 6 months whilst on the dole, they also seem to have unlimited funds for garden landscaping and numerous cars, its a bit depressing when we work like dogs and struggle to keep on top of the house, jesus I sound like a Daily Mail reader.

byegad

Legendary Member
Ours are ok, we now have a family from Hong kong who cant speak a word of English with the exception of the 5 year old but its funny communicating with them. The kids are loud and I mean loud at bedtime, running around and banging but apart from that ok. T'ther side are horrid drug dealers and fencers who we avoid who seem to be able to redecorate their house every 6 months whilst on the dole, they also seem to have unlimited funds for garden landscaping and numerous cars, its a bit depressing when we work like dogs and struggle to keep on top of the house, jesus I sound like a Daily Mail reader.

In our street the long term residents have formed a Neighbourhood Watch and regularly report drug dealers and those who are in possession of things they didn't buy . More than one of the rented houses in our street has had the front door unceremoniously 'opened' at 6am by two large policeman with a large orange 'key'.

Labradorofperception

We were kept awake yet again last night by the neighbours, shouting and carrying on at each other until around 5am and the smell is horrific, they seem to be covered in sh*t and have atrocious personal hygiene. the noise is constant. The doris tells them to shut up but they just look at her, one even put her face right up to hers and just licked her lips at her.

All I can say is never move next to a barn full of cows.

and don't get me started on the squirrels in the loft........

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Isn't it great that all the CCers who post on this thread are lovely neighbours themselves, its all our neighbours that are the problem

Yup, yup, fair play on that. We have 2 kids aged 7 (nearly 8) & 5, so we're probably a nightmare at times. I allow for noise though (and the family above us (the flat drowners) also have 2 kids), because people need to live their lives. Best way of putting things is that it's not the neighbours who are irritating but that intolerant folk are irritated by other peoples habits...unfortunately though, our neighbours poor plumbing and lack of conscientiousness in this regard (to be fair, you can't help it when your pipes leak, but it would be nice if they were honest enough to admit it and fix it!) has caused more than a slight irritation. I still act neighboruly though...holding doors, delivering post, letting them know they've left their car window down / light on...my good lady though...she has anger issues and has to ignore them, else she'll open her mouth and then we're all in for a flurry of sh1t.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I wonder why they came all the way from Hong Kong to Leeds?

Pretty lucky with neighbours really. Only one bloke who made some noise. he used to fall asleep with his telly on and he was a bit deaf. So I used to get woken sometimes. I spoke to him about it a couple of times and he made the effort but he often came in half cut and forgot. In the end I decided I wasn't going to fall out about it and just got the wall soundproofed. The funniest thing about that was talking to the builder about the coving. Apparently he couldn't get that style any more. So I asked him if he was sure and he said, "Well I know one bloke who could do it. If I give you the shovel, you'll have to dig him up though."

Leodis

Veteran
I wonder why they came all the way from Hong Kong to Leeds?

No idea but the grandparents came over in the summer for 6 months, the granddad rebuilt the whole garden and drive by hand, the only electric thing used was a cement mixer. Nice people.

young Ed

Veteran
My nearest neighbour at my cottage near Voe is almost a mile away. Can't wait til it's time to retire.
i would retire now if i had a cottage in such a place!
Now if you want to talk about what irritates me about the ones directly opposite, we could be here for some time, nothing anti social just things they do are strange and wind me up. Im slightly obsessed with them in a comedy way, almost like Angus Deayton's character in On Foot in the grave...
oh go on, tell us the sort of annoying things he does!
Isn't it great that all the CCers who post on this thread are lovely neighbours themselves, its all our neighbours that are the problem
we are awful you know, i am one of 3 boys currently 13, 15 and 17 years old but have lived here all our lives. we walk our ageing lab around the our fields and sometimes on the road, but currently have a bigger lab visiting us for 2 weeks. i expect they must be an absolute pain for the neighbours. one of us :rolleyes: gets all dressed up in lycra so he looks like a prat and then gets on his bike so he's a bloody cyclist. they shoot a noisy air rifle trying to kill any moving bunny or squirrel. seem to have herds of all sorts of animal and always stink of cow or sheep shoot. always got some building project that seems to take for ever!
only good thing is we are a good 2 or 300m from the nearest house and at least 200m from the nearest road so totally out of view

so yeah looking at it we must be awful neighbours!
Cheers Ed

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
My neighbour just up the road treats our dead-end street, which has 7 kids in 4 houses along it, as a race track. She is otherwise nice but she won't listen to any advice / concerns about her driving.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Next door neighbour but one runs a hairdressing salon from her house. Popular with older ladies of a certain age......an age where they are too old to walk but not old enough to stop driving......despite the fact that most of them seem unable to remember what a reverse gear is for and have eye sight so poor that they do not seem to realise that their car is blocking our driveway........and now breathe!

Top Bottom