Your peeve about the neighbours - name it here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
Left, single 50 somthing, never see him, he spends a huge amount of time away, right, retired couple, hardly ever see them, last time i saw them, was in the summer when they came around asking if the tree surgeon could get in the garden to get to a branch (felling a 300 yr old oak :-( ) never get any noise as its a detached house. Now if you want to talk about what irritates me about the ones directly opposite, we could be here for some time, nothing anti social just things they do are strange and wind me up. Im slightly obsessed with them in a comedy way, almost like Angus Deayton's character in On Foot in the grave...

stephec

Legendary Member
And i can just imagine years ago when Mrs Fwit found out she was with child..

"i dont know how i got pregnant, i drank a can of coke afterwards" :whistle:
You should've said, "it's only cherry coke that works for that." :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
Scrappies do not like fridges, no weight, too much volume and the gas can be a problem as many recyclers will not buy them.
you must deal with some fussy scrappies. ours lasted all of 10 minutes last weekend. I recovered the gas with the kit from work and work will dispose of that for me correctly. you wouldn't see there was no gas and the guys were wanting the whole thing

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Connected side are quite and keep to themselves mostly, friendly and speak over the hedge etc. Other side are on another planet, been out cycling with him a good few times but he has to go where he wants to go and cycles so slow. Then we fell out over the front fence and boundary. He's been around tonight saying the bin lids flapped open in the wind and hit his car.....Mrs just said move your car away from the bins and shut then door on his open mouthed face :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No issues here. We are in a U shape, 4 houses on each side and 4 on the bottom.bThose on the sides like us have no issue. One neighbour on the bottom of the U has built a breeze block house thing for his eldest son. We can't see it, but their 3 neighbours can. apparently its a Wendy house. They are all farmed off, quite righty.

400bhp

Guru
We have good neighbours all round - live in a cul de sac.

Neighbours wife on one side is very snobby - first thing she said when they moved in was complain about the area wasn't as good as where they were before (they are both doctors). Next time I visited she asked me how much a new convertible roof would be for her Merc. I said, not sure but my convertible roof was probably about £2k. Next comment was, well mine will be more as I have a Mercedes. Feckin clueless:rofl:.

Couldn't ask for nicer neighbours on the other side. They have been through a v tough time recently with their youngest having the worst kind of leukemia. He survived but it was touch and go. She was in tears last week after my wife let her use the car to pick up her son as her car had a flat battery. She more or less couldn't believe that we let her use our car.

Weird thing was that day I left work early and was actually cycling home and turned out of a side street nearby to be greeted with our car. Naturally I thought the OH was driving so decided to bang on the passenger window to give her a fright:whistle: Did just that then did a triple take as I looked in the window and saw my neighbour. It completely threw me. I froze, couldn't work out if my neighbour had changed her car. So I cycled 5 yards in front, looked back to check the number plate. Nope, that's our car. I then got worried and thought something had happened to my wife or daughter.:rolleyes:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Isn't it great that all the CCers who post on this thread are lovely neighbours themselves, its all our neighbours that are the problem

My lot are good. We all keep an eye on each other's houses when we're away. Nobody's noisy (except one guy who plays the accordion in a "blacked up" morris men group). My worst neighbours are the badgers in the field behind that come in and dig up the lawn. Or that might be zebras....or nuns. Thinking about it, it's probably nuns, I was doing the badgers a disservice

djb1971

Legendary Member
The old guy who lived next to us for almost 20 years died and left the house to his daughter. His daughter has a 30 year old child who has moved in, rent free. He's moved a girl in with him, just renting. She's got a different bloke every other night. They say things like 'yeah, whatever', 'cool beans' and keep calling me a farking DUDE!

The 30 40 year old virgin doesn't work, stays in bed all day, uses her rent money for beer. The house is a shithole, they leave pizza boxes and bottles in the window for days on end. The garden is like a jungle.

I live in a nice semi-rural street, we've all lived here for years, it's well kept, clean, a pretty good place to live. These scumbags are degrading the street. I wish they'd fark right off.

What really boils my piss I hear you ask?

They leave the farking wheelie bin on the street, permanently. I'm also sick of all of the street asking me why next door is such a tip. Plus they're next to me, I get sick of apologising for the dirty looking dump when we have visitors.

Dirty, filthy, lazy farking scum sucking bastards.

Somebody has kicked their bin into their lawn jungle today, I'm not the only one sick of seeing it.

Aaaaannnnnnddddddd breatheeeeeeeeee....................

screenman

Legendary Member
you must deal with some fussy scrappies. ours lasted all of 10 minutes last weekend. I recovered the gas with the kit from work and work will dispose of that for me correctly. you wouldn't see there was no gas and the guys were wanting the whole thing

Fine chance are it will be fly tipped somewhere, the only part of any value is the motor, mainly for its weight. The shell contains insulation which is a problem for the recyclers.
"
Incidents of fly-tipped fridges and freezers have soared in the past year. More than 300 cases have been reported to us since the beginning of May this year.
Rogue scrap metal dealers are picking up fridges and freezers, left by householders for collection by council workers, before ripping out the motors and fly-tipping the rest.
Our advice is not to leave your unused fridge or freezer where it is easily accessible for a scrap dealer, contact your local council, let a retailer collect it or take it to a recycling centre yourself.
Dumping costs is more than £50,000 a year and causes a blight on our environment."

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Most of my neighbours are pensioners and when Jannie is out working in the garden in her shorts they come round to chat to her.....for hours. Then they bring loads of home produce for us and insist on feeding the birds when we are on holiday and looking after the house. But worst of all, they dont speak English.

Bloody neighbours.

Top Bottom