Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Beautiful weather (shorts!:biggrin:), though a little windier than I was expecting. Had to cut my planned 100 miler short at 55 miles as my left cleat has become too worn to clip in properly:sad:

Joe said:
Beautiful weather (shorts!:biggrin:), though a little windier than I was expecting. Had to cut my planned 100 miler short at 55 miles as my left cleat has become too worn to clip in properly:sad:

'lame' excuse :biggrin:

first time out in shorts this year for my sons favourite ride , a hilly 27 mile blast.lots of climbing in the last 5 miles but we finish with a 1.5 mile descent right to our front door!makes it a lot easier when the weather is warm and winds are light.
bit of shock when the front tyre exploded just after we got in, i was lucky it didn't happen a couple of minutes earlier on the near 50mph descent!

Bigtallfatbloke

first out in shorts here too...very windy, but nice and warm...lots of bugs & bees. White van man wasn't so prevalent, probably because the fat slobs are inside getting pissed in front of the Chelsea utd game, or the snooker while their better 'alf get's pissed in the gard 'in' on a bottle of warm fizzy pink asda's own an smokes herself to death in a vain attempt to escape her loser slob of a husband

Bigtallfatbloke said:
first out in shorts here too...very windy, but nice and warm...lots of bugs & bees. White van man wasn't so prevalent, probably because the fat slobs are inside getting pissed in front of the Chelsea utd game, or the snooker while their better 'alf get's pissed in the gard 'in' on a bottle of warm fizzy pink asda's own an smokes herself to death in a vain attempt to escape her loser slob of a husband

magic!
;):biggrin::biggrin:

commute to work this morning at 0600, just under 7 miles, really rather mild. Left work at 2pm in glorious sunshine and warm temps so couldn't resist a long route home through some very pretty and fragrant spring countryside. About 26 miles for the day. Absolutely brill ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Windy

I have a cold = gentle spin on turbo for ten miles whilst watching the last Skins episode.

Evilcat

Did my usual 53km ride around the wilds of West London: built up some nice speed from Walton to Hampton and took great pleasure in speeding past all the queues at the roadworks back into Chiswick. First ride this year (well, in the UK that is!) in shorts too. And then fettled the bike in the sunny garden (my Spesh Roubaix was a year old last week) with a new cassette, new chain and adjusted brakes. A perfect cycling day!

EC

Thirty-one miles to lytham and back the long way, was a lovely day apart from a p*ncture fairy visit just after the windmill - huge shard of green glass embedded in rear tyre, completely shredded the tube. And obviously on a day where I had set off in some moment of madness without a repair kit or pump :biggrin: Anyway, we had timed it quite well, only about a mile walk back to the only bike shop on route, but unfortunately the whole experience set me back £14 that I could have really done with for other stuff...heyho, that will teach me.... Must have been a day for it though, got overtaken by a roadie on the way home, only to catch up with him again 5 mins later changing his front tube... Apart from that it was a lovely day out, perfect temperature and only one quick shower plus at least my training rides are getting slightly longer...

Janeyb

I'm in awe of all the huge mileage you guys do. I was incredibly chuffed on Friday as I got my first 20 miler under my belt! :smile: It's not much but it's a start I guess. Great fun though. Going to try and build up gradually and then aim to be covering 40 miles comfortably before we head off on a wee tour of North Norfolk.

Joe

Über Member
Another gash ride today :biggrin:
Firstly I had to keep stopping and adjusting my new cleats which was a bit of a pain.
Then some woman in a big landrover took a dislike to me. She managed to not only pass me dangerously closely on an uphill bend, but to do it so aggresively that she wheelspan and kicked loads of gravel in my face.:smile: There was plenty of room to pass using the opposite side of the road anyway and it was dead quiet (not that that would be an excuse for what she did).
Then a little later on, whilst upshifting, the inner leaver on my left hand Mirage shifter snapped off and dissappeared into the hedge leaving me stuck in the small chainring for the 20 mile journey home:angry:

Janeyb said:
I'm in awe of all the huge mileage you guys do. I was incredibly chuffed on Friday as I got my first 20 miler under my belt! :smile: It's not much but it's a start I guess. Great fun though. Going to try and build up gradually and then aim to be covering 40 miles comfortably before we head off on a wee tour of North Norfolk.

I feel like that...only four weeks to go till the big event - WAH!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Janeyb said:
I'm in awe of all the huge mileage you guys do. I was incredibly chuffed on Friday as I got my first 20 miler under my belt! ;) It's not much but it's a start I guess. Great fun though. Going to try and build up gradually and then aim to be covering 40 miles comfortably before we head off on a wee tour of North Norfolk.

WTG Janey...
i can still remember those first 10, then 15 then 20 mile runs...they are great landmarks. You should find that mileage just gets easier and easier. :evil:

I'm in awe too sometimes...where does everyone get the time to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom