Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went out tonight and done 6 (or 7 :tongue::biggrin:) laps of Arthur's seat, what a nice ride, a bit windy in parts but it was a warm wind. The only down side my Edge batteries ran out after 15 min, so I didn't get to find out the gradient of the climb but I wasn't letting that spoil it :biggrin:

Had a look at memory Map it was 6 laps, and if the elevation profile is correct the climb is an average of 5%, 9% to Dunsappie Loch (first peak) and it a max of 15.8%. 504ft of climbing. I must remember leaving the Edge plugged in to the mains but switched off drains the batteries.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Well reminded gbb: Yesterdays ride was very satisfying. It's one of my hillier rides with 4 over a mile long climbs between 7-10% gradient. I turn round at the bottom of the 2nd and go back over both the other way, otherwise it's an 80 mile round trip. Mapmyride has it that there's 1300ft of climbing, so I'm always pleased to complete it.

I didn't suffer too much yesterday and the advantage of this route is that even the wind doesn't make too much of a difference because of the hills. Yesterdays wind was not bitter for the first time this year, so the whole ride felt good.

Today though I've come down with a slight bug which has been trying to get me for a few weeks, so I'll have to see how I recover over the next few days.

PS gbb, Mapmyride should show total ascent, it does for me.

:biggrin::wacko::biggrin: 1300 ft....in the lowlands of East Anglia, i'm sad there are no proper hills....but then again :tongue:

gbb said:
:wacko::wacko::wacko: 1300 ft....in the lowlands of East Anglia, i'm sad there are no proper hills....but then again :biggrin:

I'd swap. My problem is I have no easy rides unless I lob my bike in the car. To put it in perspective: I see other cyclists doing the same hills. The difference is they're doing them with fully laden touring bikes xx(

Janeyb

My ride today was lovely. Not working so hubbie and I decided to make the most of a nice morning and went up to Sandringham. Did an hour and fifteen on roads and trails (no idea of mileage as no cycle computer) - and about half way round it started to persist with rain but was lovely.

had a good 50 miler with my son and a clubmate.mainly on cycle paths touring a couple of bike shops, ribble and merlin, with a dinner stop at preston marina.pleasant ride home along the canal towpath. started off a bit damp but by the time we reached ribble the sun was shining and we had only very light winds, what a change from a few days ago.
is summer on the way?

surfgurl

My ride to work was full of the joys of spring. The weather was absolutely gorgeous this afternoon. I rode passed fields full of little lambs and shetland ponies. The cows were at the fence to say hello. I stopped on my bench by the rhyne and Mummy duck was out swimming with her 7 babies. The swans were not about today. Obviously off doing swan business. :biggrin:

piedwagtail91 said:
had a good 50 miler with my son and a clubmate.mainly on cycle paths touring a couple of bike shops, ribble and merlin, with a dinner stop at preston marina.pleasant ride home along the canal towpath. started off a bit damp but by the time we reached ribble the sun was shining and we had only very light winds, what a change from a few days ago.
is summer on the way?

It was lovely round the docks tonight, we stopped for a pint in the Waterfront after our evening ride...had to cut it short though after I realised the battery in my backlight had gone and it was getting dark...

we like the docks, it's got a nice atmosphere. thought we'd got lucky and found some some helly henson at half price until we realised they were all bottoms and not tops!
we were the second club to arrive, there were half a dozen or so in when we arrived, one rider with a very ornate curly stayed bob jackson.

Plax

Guru
Lush ride today. Weather was so nice I finally plucked up the courage to cycle home in my shorts and short sleeved top. I managed to cycle up all the hills faster than normal - average 9-10mph compared to my usual 6mph. Kept it in a higher gear and went for it (sitting down I might add). Didn't half feel it on the legs about 3/4 of the way home though!

Frustruck said:
This is wierd - did a 27k hilly ride after work last night to the SE of Preston, stopped to talk to a bloke riding a lovely vintage Bob Jackson just SE of Gregson Lane, top of a short hill at about 6PM. Said hello to a passing girl on a MTB wearing combats - think it may have been Punkypossum (really!). Punky, i was on a blue Dave Yates with a soft cap, the Bob Jackson rider was more the lycra'd up roadie with helmet. Now if you had a Cyclechat jersey there wouldn't have been any doubt! If it was you, you looked pretty fresh after that steep hill you'd just come up.

That last sentence proves it wasn't me....had one of my hill-avoiding nights, so didn't go up or down any - at all :biggrin:. At this rate we are bound to bump into each other at some point though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom