Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Weird ride today...one of those mixed bags that include a bit of everything.
6 degrees and about a 10mph wind, but bright and sunny as i set out. First 15 miles were with head and side wind...not to bad, but i felt sapped on some slight inclines, but went well in other areas. I almost wished i'd put on my overshoes once or twice...chillblains for me tomorrow probably :angry:

Lovely Eccles cake and bottle of Lucozade 2/3 of the way round...eccles cakes :smile::tongue: I love the reaction from village cornershop customers when you come clattering in the shop, sounding like you've got high heels on :biggrin:

Even saw some snow on the floor in one place from last night.
Return leg...didnt really have a tail wind, but much more in my favour.

A very enjoyable couple of hours, bright and quiet.

34 miles, averaged 15.6mph overall. Not bad for me at this time of year ...i normally only pick up speed when it gets really warm, i'm not a winter person :thumbsup:

As a footnote...Peterborough itself is flat...i did a map my ride....i did a whole 200ft plus of climbing...YAY !!!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Cathryn said:
I had my first proper ride on the bike today - 24 miles up to Ripley to pick up the car which we'd left at a wedding today. Leg didn't hurt at all, I had a brilliant time!!!! Remembered how much I love climbing and how much I hate descending, and cycled through a snow shower too. Feeling all tough and gutsy again. SO amazingly lovely to be cycling again!!

Well that is good news :thumbsup:. And, of course, the weather WILL get better too :angry:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
54miles today. Nice in the sun, cold in the shadows. It started snowing in the last 5 miles, but only very slightly. Started properly when i got home and just put the bike away.
Very good timing. :angry:

longers

Legendary Member
gbb said:
As a footnote...Peterborough itself is flat...i did a map my ride....i did a whole 200ft plus of climbing...YAY !!!

Peterborough is flat isn't it? Out of interest I put my 35 miles into bikely and found I did a 2700ft of climbing.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
longers said:
Peterborough is flat isn't it? Out of interest I put my 35 miles into bikely and found I did a 2700ft of climbing.

The city itself is, everything east is, but 1 mile west, youre into gently rolling countryside.

longers

Legendary Member
gbb said:
The city itself is, everything east is, but 1 mile west, youre into gently rolling countryside.

*goes to look at a map as not sure where Peterborough actually is*

longers

Legendary Member
After having a look on Google Earth there sure is a lot of countryside round and about your way. Looks good for cycling :angry:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
34 miles here before lunch - roads had dried out pretty fast, and kept out of the hills as they were snow covered. Pootled round Alderly Edge. Was somewhat chilly, but had full thermals - even had the best shoes on, but that was after riding 100 yards in my old Sidi's - one of the cleats wasn't quite right..better safe than sorry.

bonj2

Cathryn said:
I had my first proper ride on the bike today - 24 miles up to Ripley to pick up the car which we'd left at a wedding today. Leg didn't hurt at all, I had a brilliant time!!!! Remembered how much I love climbing and how much I hate descending, and cycled through a snow shower too. Feeling all tough and gutsy again. SO amazingly lovely to be cycling again!!

You are officially a perv. In fact in the absence of any other contenders you are the forum's official number 2 cycling perv. (Number 1 being alps will).

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
longers said:
After having a look on Google Earth there sure is a lot of countryside round and about your way. Looks good for cycling :angry:.

Now you mention it..
I can head west toward Weldon / Corby...rolling hills and countryside
South towards the Alconbury and Molesworth...again nice rolling countryside.
North toward Stamford mostly flat countryside, N/east toward Spalding, flatter than flatness itself ;), not too interesting, but ok

Or i can head east...no, i never head east....flat, boring and too much traffic.

On the plus side, we went for a wallk today, east along the river Nene. Found the Nene walkway...looks good for a duet on the hybrids.

Renard

bonj said:
You are officially a perv. In fact in the absence of any other contenders you are the forum's official number 2 cycling perv. (Number 1 being alps will).

I like that sort of thing too :angry:

Renard

It cleared up in the afternoon here today so I went out for a charge around the local country park on my mtb (although it did involve a nasty granny ring climb Bonj :angry:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom