Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Nice 10 mile loop sun was out and all I needed was a Tshirt!
Spring tis here.

yoyo

Lovely 22 miles round trip in Kennet/ Pang valley in tee shirt and shorts. Spring has finally sprung.

Will be very windy here tomorrow so need to change plans and leave a 40 mile trip for another day.

I had a great ride tonight, ended up going further but faster than
I thought, 1:01 for 16.84ml on the flat bar road bike and I used the bike path and then the Portobello Promenade (giving way? stopping for peds). I only intended to go to Portobello ended up going to Musselburgh, this clock changing thing is great :smile:.

wafflycat

Today? Wonderful!

Four barn owls
Four peacocks (including two white ones)
multitudinous hares
peacock butterfly
brimstone butterfly
loads of piglets
sheep including one running loose on the road
free-range chickens wandering all over the verge & road and who came to investigate the bike
Too many loose dogs (luckily friendly ones), but most with apologetic owners
Zillions of pheasants

all accompanied by the most melodious birdsong

mondobongo

Über Member
Was lovely out there not too much traffic for the time of day either. Quite a few Roadies out and about although the commuters looked a bit grumpy.
29miles in 1.39 very pleased with that.

Renard

60 hilly miles for me today. Felt like the first day of spring here. Some lovely views of hills in the Southern Uplands, snowcapped mountains on Arran and Ben Lomond and the Arrochar Alps to the north. A very satisfying day.

Dave5N

Über Member
Lots of traffic on the lanes tonight. Did about 43 miles, not too quick, beut then it was hilly and I can't climb anymore.

longers

Legendary Member
Did an enjoyable 32 mile shopping trip today. I went to work, the bookshop and the bookmakers locally and then over to Ashton B+Q, popped in at Lidl and then went to my grans for cups of tea.

I'd taken my laptop to show her my holiday pics from 6 months ago and this brought home how bad her cataracts are as she could actually see very little ;). I'll show her them again in a month or so after she's had the op.

I then took a ride up to my potential new house and came back along my potential new commute with a bit of off road thrown in for good measure. Nice tailwind home and a large hailstorm rounded off a good trip out.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
hilly club run, one of those rides where you feel you've gone up a fitness level (from the lungs clearing themselves and making you sound like a twenty a day man):

53km (31.8 miles)
av. speed 18.8kmh (11.28mph)
max speed 64.5kph (37.8mph)

hailstones the size of ball bearings hitting you in the face at a closing speed of c30-40mph was not one of the highlights, neither were the skip lorry that charged through without stopping (had to eventually, and got four barrels from one of the other riders), nor the idiot who slowed down to point out that there was a cycle lane to my left (another rider filling the space, and i should point out that they did not need to either squeeze me, or go over the centre line), and best of all was the numpty who tried to squeeze past on a country lane, and got all upset when his wing mirror got knocked. i can think of more sensible behaviour than shouting the odds at twentyish other blokes. ;)

My ride today was 6 miles in a kayak. Cold, soaking wet and with a horrible headwind on the return leg. Having never kayaked before I am utterly, totally and completely sh*gged. ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ride today was a very cold, wet and slightly windy 30 miles. Still better then being stuck inside though ;)

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
'Commute'..(dont make me larff..it's only 5 miles :blush::biggrin:) was painful this afternoon.
Hail....not too much, not too heavy.......but it stung like buggery ;)

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
My ride today was 6 miles in a kayak. Cold, soaking wet and with a horrible headwind on the return leg. Having never kayaked before I am utterly, totally and completely sh*gged. :biggrin:

I aways fancied some watersports Chuffy...those stumpy 'canoes' look cool....i want one on my car roof.
Trouble is, i cant stand cold water :wacko:;):blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom