Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
miloat said:
Yea i ride round that area my normal circuit is a Chippenham to Malmsbury loop.
went down to avebury once on the a4 not a fan of that road can be a bit quick sometimes.

You should give roadiewill a shout as I think he's in Malmesbury.

To my shame I didn't get out today. Took the dog for a walk, washed the cars and bike and then watched the track cycling on TV.

newbiebiker

i didn't have mine today, had important call. hope i could still ride though before sundown:angry:

Chiefwiggum

A short 25km ride, seemed much hilly than last time I rode it a couple of months ago! In such a rush to catch the sun, forgot water, snack and cash, duh! Did not realise until about 10k when reached down for drink, oh never mind, I'll buy a bottle, oh b*gger no cash. Lesson learnt.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Felt a bit silly bottling out of the cheshire cat (couldnt be arsed getting out of bed really) so I flagellated myself up the washway road, round dunham massey, out to wilmslow and then some A34 madness back through stockport back into manchester. 43 miles in 2.20:thumbsup:.Then got chatting to a member of the Ukrainian track squad who was on route from the velodrome back to his hotel, which was interesting..... Lovely weather and a good ride:becool:

Was supposed to do a 90miler from my house to my mates and back. We set off 9.15am saturday into a 20 mph southerly headwind. It was going OK until we got just south of Daventry, where it gets steep. The wind was gusting up to 30mph, and rain was driving in our faces - it was like having glass beads thrown at us! We were pedalling down some steep hills and only managing 13mph!! So we stopped in Brackley as the rain didn't stop for the rest of the day, and rode back north yesterday, in glorious sunshine. So a good weekend overall I'd say.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
simonali said:
Blimey, the A34's huge! I drive along that road down 'ere in Berkshire/Hampshire.

The A34 is indeed huge- I use it to get to southampton on occasion.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
simonali said:
Blimey, the A34's huge! I drive along that road down 'ere in Berkshire/Hampshire.

From wiki ...
"The A34 is a major road in England. It runs from the A6042 in Salford to Winchester in Hampshire. It forms a large part of the major trunk route from Southampton, via Oxford, to Birmingham and Manchester."

Andrew

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Wow, what a nice day today. The sun is out, few clouds in the sky, about
19'C according to this thermomiter and the birds are singing.
No cafe stop today, so stopped on the way home for some flapjack. The man must have thought i was crazy dashing in, paying him quick then dashing out. :tongue: Hilly 60miles today with no cafe stop. ;)
More nice weather for tomorrow.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Joe24 said:
Wow, what a nice day today. The sun is out, few clouds in the sky,

...but it's raining, raining in my heart...
Now, if we can just make it rhyme, we might have a hit on our hands....
(Buddy Holly, just in case anyone's wondering....)

Blue

Legendary Member
Today was the best day of the year for my neck of the woods and I got out for a non-stop 40 miles using a coastal route. It reminds me why I like cycling so much :smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Just about to get ready for an early evening ride be on the lanes back of Lytham during the rush and by the time I get back onto the main dual carriageway the traffic should have died down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom