Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I couldn't really be bothered first thing, the weather was horrible and the track champs were coming on. About an 1h1/2 before they come on however, the sun came out and it turned into a lovely day. I didn't feel there was enough time left to get a proper ride in so I watched the world cross country champs then the track champs. I went out after them and really enjoyed my ride.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Went out Sat morning... 46 miles... excellent ride, but got very windy... I was fine in 3/4s, and 2 layers on top, but saw folk out in winter gear and overshoes... ;)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Hmmmm, did 5.3miles today at an average of 6mph.

I took my daughter out for a ride, I taught her to ride last Year but she lost interest over the Winter and its been real hard work getting her back out and trying to regain her confidence.

She really enjoyed it today so Yes, it was a good ride ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done Panter - 5 miles is a long way for a little one - my son is up for out running me on speed (aged 7) but it's a struggle with my daughter - point blank refuses to ride, then really enjoys it when she does.....

Panter

Just call me Chris...
fossyant said:
Well done Panter - 5 miles is a long way for a little one - my son is up for out running me on speed (aged 7) but it's a struggle with my daughter - point blank refuses to ride, then really enjoys it when she does.....

Thank you :smile:

Its exactly the same with mine. Tears and trauma getting her on it then she really enjoys it when she's going.

Sounds like your boys a fast rider in the making though :biggrin:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
72kms.- just under 3hrs.

Managed to avoid a big shower by taking a left and not a right/straight-on but still got the spray, though, after.

Still, it was a few miles.

Thats around 16 mph average...i'd be happy with that yenrod :smile: I find it hard when the temps are low.

I managed 15 mph over the 20 miles...not bad for me this early in the year, moderate head / side wind for over half the distance. As summer progresses, i can just about make 17 mph average over 35 miles. Going some for me.

Just a quick 15 mile loop over the Western edge of the Quantocks, nice and sunny, helped me forget there was hardly any flat road (650 ft of climbing). Good to get out though as due to work etc., has been turbo only for the past couple of weeks.

longers

Legendary Member
Good thread by the way gbb, there could be some mileage in this one.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
2. 1/4 hours today, very windy and I was jet-lagged owing to the clocks going forward.

My mileage this month has dropped so I have got to get my finger out. Tuesday off and the forecast is good so a 40-50 miler is on the cards.

Noodley

It was bollocks, 108km in Northumberland/Durham in scary great gales with about 2000m of climbing - and a long painful drive home :smile:

Oh well....

Mrs W's birthday yesterday and her 60's theme party finished at about 2am. Eldest Daughter flying out to spain this morning from southampton at 7am!! not much sleep and the clocks went forward an hour:sad:

should have just gone back to bed but started clearing up the mess from the party when got back from the airport, sooooo tired all day, really wanted to go and ride but just sat like a zombie for most of the day, then decided to watch the world track camps and laid on the sofa, waking only to see vicky come in second:sad:

on the up side i'm off all week so should get some rides in... weather permitting!!!

Windy

Keith Oates

Janner
I did a 52 Km ride in with some wind blowing to give that extra bit of effort. However there are no hills around here so it's flat except for some slight inclines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom