Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cold and windy about sums up my ride today. Rode up to Wanlockhead (highest village in Scotland c.1500ft) to watch and support some clubmates. Going there wasn't too bad with a good tailwind but coming home was purgatory. 30+ miles into a pretty strong headwind coupled with a couple of hail showers:sad: Still 65 miles is a pretty good run. Planning to go out tomorrow as well (unless there's 6 inches of snow overnight:o)

Joe

Über Member
104 solo miles for me today. A sort of figure of eight route crossing near my house with the major climbs at 60 and 90 mile points. Windy in places and real chilly for most of it as my cheapo base layer decided to give up wicking the sweat away. Went out at a really sedate pace but picked it up a bit in the last 40 miles and ended up averaging 16mph. Pretty pleased and the legs feel ok...not much energy in them but not sore atall ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
gbb said:
I aways fancied some watersports Chuffy...those stumpy 'canoes' look cool....i want one on my car roof.
Trouble is, i cant stand cold water :wacko::blush::biggrin:

I'll sell you mine. ;)
Its a Dagger G-force 6.1, and the colour is urban camo. Its amazing.
When mum used to watch or stand at the side she was colder then me in the water in the middle of winter. Plus, unless you mess around alot the chance of going in is very slim. The canadian canoes i couldnt tip over unless i leaned right out, even then it wouldnt capsize. Go for it, you will be warmer then you think.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I'll sell you mine. ;)
Its a Dagger G-force 6.1, and the colour is urban camo. Its amazing.
When mum used to watch or stand at the side she was colder then me in the water in the middle of winter. Plus, unless you mess around alot the chance of going in is very slim. The canadian canoes i couldnt tip over unless i leaned right out, even then it wouldnt capsize. Go for it, you will be warmer then you think.

Nice thought Joe...but i get all mardy if the wife starts throwing water around :biggrin::biggrin:...even in the summer. :blush:
Waters got to be Med temps for me to get in....:biggrin:

gbb said:
I aways fancied some watersports Chuffy...those stumpy 'canoes' look cool....i want one on my car roof.
Trouble is, i cant stand cold water :wacko::angry::blush:
The trouble is that they have drain holes right under your arse and by your feet. The cold water is actually in the canoe with you...:thumbsup:

As for watersports, stick it in Google, I'm sure you'll find something that takes your fancy.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Chuffy said:
The trouble is that they have drain holes right under your arse and by your feet. The cold water is actually in the canoe with you...:thumbsup:

As for watersports, stick it in Google, I'm sure you'll find something that takes your fancy.

I once innocently did this at work while looking for a boating holiday. I had great fun explaining it to my manager...:angry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
TheDoctor said:
I once innocently did this at work while looking for a boating holiday. I had great fun explaining it to my manager...:angry:

yes, and when the women in the office tell me they're going for a facial after work, .....:thumbsup: another word which has been forever changed by the smutternet.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Fnaar said:
yes, and when the women in the office tell me they're going for a facial after work, .....:blush: another word which has been forever changed by the smutternet.

A mates G/F once asked him for a pearl necklace...:thumbsup:
She didn't ask for a second one!:angry::biggrin:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm sat here wondering how the topic got from 'your ride today'....to pearl necklaces :sad: :ohmy:
Oh sorry...Fnaars involved :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

abchandler

Went out for a pleasant 20ish miles today. Snow still on the trees, but roads bone dry. Anyway about two miles from home I was on a gentle country lane, plenty of room for two cars to pass.

A car from behind pulled level with me, and gave two loud blasts on the horn, pulled about twenty feet in front and stopped. My inner voice was rapidly preparing a rant about how much room he thought he needed.

A gent in his sixties wound down his window and popped his hand out to wave me down, so I pulled alongside. He said 'Do you want a couple of chocolates, I've had three already' and passed out two bars of Dairy Milk:biggrin::biggrin: followed by profuse thanks from me and a stupid Cheshire cat grin all over my face.

First impressions eh!! Even without opening them, it made the last two miles home a breeze:smile:

I went out with SPOKES (incl. to/from my flat it was 39mls) it started in snow and strong winds were forecast but it turned in to a really great day weather wise and enjoyment wise :angry:. To balance up a great day there is always one idiot. When back in town there's one junction where I want to turn right, the left lane was busy as usual but the right turning lane was clear. As I'm heading down the right turn lane a black cab decides to pull out from a small company car park on the left. No biggie as the lights were red ahead I was slowing down anyway. Rather than crashing into the side of him on a steep downhill, I pulled over the center line slightly (about 1/2 a foot); conflict avoided. He however decided he wanted to stop, roll his window down and repeatedly shout "you were over the line". I decided I couldn't be bothered arguing with him.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I had my first proper ride on the bike today - 24 miles up to Ripley to pick up the car which we'd left at a wedding today. Leg didn't hurt at all, I had a brilliant time!!!! Remembered how much I love climbing and how much I hate descending, and cycled through a snow shower too. Feeling all tough and gutsy again. SO amazingly lovely to be cycling again!!

longers

Legendary Member
Huzzah for Cathryn!!! :angry:

I'm just back from a 35 miles round trip in falling snow to post a letter. Wish I'd taken my peaked cap with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom