Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Spent the weekend in Wales, bikepacking. Drove over to Vyrnwy, dumped the van, then headed over to the Berwyns. Did an overnight bivvy, then crossed back over the top and back to Vynwy on Sunday lunchtime.

Weather was amazing for October.

The climb up from Vyrnwy
15527725225_2a5981ffef_z.jpg

15341114987_b313237a8d_z.jpg

Still not there
15524860331_a3b6cc318d_z.jpg

Lots of this
15341078449_178497aba6_z.jpg

Then lots of this
15340989389_b457a1bb9b_z.jpg

Looking to the Berwyns
15341299107_ed681c91c8_z.jpg

Looking to the Arrans
15527908225_8961e0a44e_z.jpg

Then back to base camp at Vyrnwy
15527588142_1198df33d1_z.jpg
Wow that looks amazing! @Rickshaw Phil when are we taking the bikes up there?!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
61 miles today here in Northern Cyprus. I was riding to recce a stage route for Zypern bike a trans Cyprus road bike tour for a big German bike tour outfit based outside of Larnaca on the southern side of the island. The plan being for me to guide the Stages that pass through the Northern sector of the island next year.
Realy enjoyed the ride.
http://cyprusonabianchi.blogspot.co.uk/

:smile:

sgl5gjr

just a town 7 miler today......to the bank and shops then home...... terrible "pond" sized puddle on NCN 12 in Huntingdon, reported of course, and a very muddy MTB to clean when I got back...... another short ride later to see my elderly parents.........
No cycling tomorrow.....:angry::angry: as collecting a Triban 500 for the teen.... :becool: to join me on the roadie rides..... Still never mind ......Thursday evening is the Wheelers Weekly....

just 2 shorter rides today... to college (I'm learning Spanish at the moment) and later this afternoon to the hospital... Nearly hit our local postie though when he walked off the pavement without looking my way - said hello to him and scared the living daylights out of him but at least he stopped in his tracks and we missed each other! Also managed to scare an old lady - well she scared herself by not seeing me, I had already seen that this was happening and had moved to the otherside of the road taking in the speed bump as well - looking back at her she had that startled look as she realised she had missed seeing a cyclist wearing a hi-viz waterproof (in poor light conditions it stands out a mile) with front and rear lights on... needless to say when she came to overtake me she was completely the otherside of the white line and very careful. On the bright side of things, she may just look a touch better next time (fingers crossed - she was clearly shaken).

http://www.strava.com/activities/207199026 college just the 16km and in own clothes so generally take it really easy - don't want to arrive too sweaty!
http://www.strava.com/activities/207270476 hospital 19km but surprised myself with a couple of strava cups! don't think it did much for my BP results though because they were taken almost as soon as a walked through the door! :wacko: don't think she liked my heart rate being 98bpm! sub 60 by the time I had finished the consultation! :biggrin:

sgl5gjr

Managed to slip out on the road bike.... weather was dry.... Mum needed me to go to the bank for her...so I went the long way round.... 11 miles...the wrong way...lol
Got her banking sorted and soon after I left....the heavens opened..... still only a mile from home so not wet through and dried the roadie down before hanging it back up....till the next time...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
More commuting miles (missed yesterday coz I believed the forecast :rain:and it turned out not to be that bad) It ws grey and cold and lighting up well seemed to encourage the close passes rather than discourage them.:thumbsdown: I wonder if I can move the lights to make the bike seem wider?

It was cold out but even colder in the warehouse so the panniers are going to be pretty full with lots of layers each trip through most of the winter months. It also occurred to me that if we have seriously heavy rain, my usual route may get blocked by flooding. There is a way round but it's extra main road milege which doesn't appeal.

Another 20.2 miles added at a slower pace than I thought I was doing.

Last edited:

djb1971

Legendary Member
More commuting miles (missed yesterday coz I believed the forecast :rain:and it turned out not to be that bad) It ws grey and cold and lighting up well seemed to encourage the close passes rather than discourage them.:thumbsdown: I wonder if I can move the lights to make the bike seem wider?

It was cold out but even colder in the warehouse so the panniers are going to be pretty full each trip through most of the winter months. It also occurred to me that if we have seriously heavy rain, my usual route may get blocked by flooding. There is a way round but it's extra main road milege which doesn't appeal.

Another 20.2 miles added at a slower pace than I thought I was doing.

Cheer up, they reckon we're in for a mini October heat wave.

That probably means four hours of Luke wArm sunshine, and less rain for a week:tongue:

gavgav

Guru
Cheer up, they reckon we're in for a mini October heat wave.

That probably means four hours of Luke wArm sunshine, and less rain for a week:tongue:
Or warm rain from what I've seen!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
20 miles circuit of Northampton today, delivering cake, drinking tea, onwards to collect a set of levers and calipers from a mate for the full-suss, then back into town again to eat cake and drink coffee....

map.jpg

Back home by 18:00 just before dusk fell.

http://www.strava.com/activities/207295538

:smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
It was still very misty - or slightly foggy depending on your opinion - when I left so I took my Night Vision jacket and boiled all the way down to the hospital (8.45 miles) to meet Hubster. He's not feeling well so I've brought him straight back and now off to work.

I didn't take my Garmin today as I can't remember where it is, it's not far though. Probably in the car. So the ride took about 35 minutes or so, not that I care as the sun was shining and it was a nice day to ride, especially after the first mile where there wasn't a trace of fog/mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom