Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgl5gjr

Not much cycling done this past week, with Mum & Dad's funeral to take place and associated stuff.......BUT..... the teen & I got out for another 9 miler on Sunday morning, Third time out for her on her new Triban and we are still fettling it up with minor seat adjustments......
7c and clear conditions, slight headwind on the first part of the ride, a stop for adjustment after a mile then another at 6 miles....... 11.3 mph average speed today so 1 mph up on the last ride out. Bike wash on return owing to Cambs County Councils relentless wasting of road salt when no sign of frost is forecast, which makes the roads filthy and destroys them even more than they currently are.....
Off to Southampton soon and stopping off at Oxford with the Campervan tonight....... Go Outdoors and Decathlon beckon for me on Tuesday morning.....
Should manage riding on Wednesday and Thursday ride with the Wheelers...... Teen isn't looking forward to my planned " Christmas Day Keep Up Lass" ride.....lol
I already have 3 ladies wanting to slip away from the festivities for a couple of hours......leaving dad's to entertain family.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
First ride out on the new bike today. It rides really nicely, and once the discs bed in a bit, the stopping power increased to where it should be!

I was going to head towards Pitsford, but then veered of right to Holcot and Harrington for a change.

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

Mostly I kept to the roads, not wanting any dirt to get near it, but had to pop round one of my fishing lakes to see what could be seen. (Several big carp nosing at the surface today, but no one fishing to chat to)

Not having all day to spend out today due to w*rk this afternoon, I headed vaguely homewards via Orlingburry.

DSC_0192.JPG

The Village Green is quite pretty, but too chilly to sit around for long!

Back home to wipe and polish the flecks of muck that dared to attach itself to my bike :cursing:

21 miles in lovely, but slightly chilly, weather.
First impressions? I'm going to love this bike! Just need to roll the bars back a degree or two and raise the saddle by a Cm and it should be spot on.

.http://www.strava.com/activities/229633313
:smile:

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have just been for my last ride on my Spesh Hardrock. It's being bought tonight, collected at 6. I really really fancy a Norco Threshold. Very loud in colour and I might stand a fighting chance on a bike so vivid a colour that it can be seen from space. When the Spesh goes, I will only need another £300 (My defy is being sold if anyone is interested).

I rode from home today, along Bluebell, past the UEA and then across the crossroads at Eaton and then onto the cyclepath by the golf club and then up the neverending hill to the Ipswich Road where it comes out opposite the Holiday Inn. I then turned up the Ipswich Road towards the City and carried on until I got to my customer's turning and then locked my bike up to the lamp-post in her garden.

Having walked her Lhasa, that really didn't want to be turfed out of his basket, I then unlocked the bike and headed back. I decided not to go the same way but to be brave and head further along the Ipswich Road, past the City College and down into the City Centre (which was heaving). I had to walk along the pedestrian bit as it was rammed. There were a few cyclists cycling but I like living so decided not to.. Once past the pedestrian bit I was back on my bike and on my way to Duke Street and the cycle path to the bottom of the Marriotts Way.

The 2 miles along the Marriotts were great. There were a few dog walkers but I just call out "ding ding, passing on your right" and slow down. Never had an issue except for one old guy, ages ago who took exception to my calling 'ding ding' instead of ringing my bell, which I don't have. At the end of the first bit of the Marriotts, I would normally turn up Marlpit Lane but I was not feeling like the climb today so carried on a bit further onto the next bit of the Marriotts and then picked up the road through the housing estate there to come out on the Norwich Road and then crossed the main A47 to carry along the cyclepath home.

4.6 miles there, 5.5 miles back and all done in a smidge less than an hour's riding time. Weather was fine and I had a good time.
When I got in and tried to log in to Garmin Connect it had totally forgotten me. I tried all my email addresses to log in, even though I knew which email address that I use for it. In the end, I gave up and have opened a new flipping account. I am now in the process of manually moving across every ride that I've done, one at a time as it won't let me do them as a big block. Boring boring boring.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
First ride out on the new bike today. It rides really nicely, and once the discs bed in a bit, the stopping power increased to where it should be!

I was going to head towards Pitsford, but then veered of right to Holcot and Harrington for a change.

View attachment 74452

View attachment 74453

Mostly I kept to the roads, not wanting any dirt to get near it, but had to pop round one of my fishing lakes to see what could be seen. (Several big carp nosing at the surface today, but no one fishing to chat to)

Not having all day to spend out today due to w*rk this afternoon, I headed vaguely homewards via Orlingburry.

View attachment 74454

The Vilage Green is quite pretty, but too chilly to sit around for long!

Back home to wipe and polish the flecks of muck that dared to attach itself to my bike :cursing:

21 miles in lovely, but slightly chilly, weather.
Nice ... What model is it? I'm looking to buy a CX bike in the NY.

First impressions? I'm going to love this bike! Just need to roll the bars back a degree or two and raise the saddle by a Cm and it should be spot on.

.http://www.strava.com/activities/229633313
:smile:
I was just about to say that the bars look very high relative to the saddle!

PeteXXX

Nice ... What model is it? I'm looking to buy a CX bike in the NY.

I was just about to say that the bars look very high relative to the saddle!
It's an Inflite 8 2015
This was a fettling ride today..

Gareth C

Veteran
Dirty Disco gets extremely dirty with its new tubeless cross tyres…
As summer fades I’ve been looking for some new tyres for my Dirty Disco. After much research, I plumped for some Specialized Trigger tyres, (tubeless ready and quite wide at 38mm). I had some trouble initially getting the front one to blow onto the rim, but eventually it went with the hand-pump. To get the tubeless sealant distributed, I decided to take it for a spin on Sunday in Hamsterley Forest.

(Video a bit long – should have done more editing down – feel free to skip ahead…)

The ride was a mixture of road, forest tracks, and singletrack (black and blue). Weather was cold(ish), wet and windy. I’m loving the tyres, and looking forward to putting some on/off-road miles on them this winter.

screen-shot-2014-12-14-at-16-31-28.png

Still getting up-to-speed with my GoPro, as the editing needs more work (sound missing early on).

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Boris Bike from Victoria to Gower Street. For no good reason I could discern a woman chucked her Piaggio MP3 up the road in front of me. Just outside RADA. Which I didn't even think was possible. She was shaken but unhurt. Her bike was shaken and slightly hurt. And, blimey, doesn't the London No. 24 bus have a loud horn and a foul-mouthed driver?

PeteXXX

Dirty Disco gets extremely dirty with its new tubeless cross tyres…
As summer fades I’ve been looking for some new tyres for my Dirty Disco. After much research, I plumped for some Specialized Trigger tyres, (tubeless ready and quite wide at 38mm). I had some trouble initially getting the front one to blow onto the rim, but eventually it went with the hand-pump. To get the tubeless sealant distributed, I decided to take it for a spin on Sunday in Hamsterley Forest.

(Video a bit long – should have done more editing down – feel free to skip ahead…)

The ride was a mixture of road, forest tracks, and singletrack (black and blue). Weather was cold(ish), wet and windy. I’m loving the tyres, and looking forward to putting some on/off-road miles on them this winter.

screen-shot-2014-12-14-at-16-31-28.png

Still getting up-to-speed with my GoPro, as the editing needs more work (sound missing early on).

Good move spotting that MTB heading t'other way at about 8:15!

Spartak