Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
All the people I'd planned to go for a ride with today couldn't make it for various reasons. One had to finish decorating the kitchen or his Mrs was going to sit on his head. Another had to wait in for a few deliveries to turn up. Another had to tidy the garage and house. Come on chaps..... Rule #9 and all that! Just because the weather forecast was rubbish it doesn't mean they knew what they were talking about!! It only rained for a quarter of the ride and it was only a soggy headwind for most of the rest of it :laugh:

Having finished work at 02:30 this morning I wasn't going to be put off by a few low scudding clouds. I set out on a solo ride around the town at 11:00 towards Pitsford Reservoir and did a quickish circuit.
One of my favourite houses around here is close to the res...

DSC_1412.jpg

The path, during the summer, is about 6" wide with nettles both sides!. Not good in shorts..

DSC_1414.jpg

It was a bit bleak across the water today, and not many others out. Usually loads of folk ride, walk dogs or jog round there. Nice to have the place to myself really.

DSC_1417.jpg

Towards the top end, there's a trail that only idiots use when the water's high...:whistle: It's covered in exposed roots and goo. Luckily the bridge was open today..

I headed back via one of the Brixworth bridleways to Merry Tom Crossing on the Brampton Valley Way

DSC_1419.jpg

Then down past the old railway sidings

DSC_1421.jpg

I carried on around the south side of the town calling in on a few mates for coffee and doughnuts, and found a trail through Hunsbury Park that I'd not noticed before. Yet again, more mud but nice to find new places in the area.

35 miles on the Hardtail. I'm quite happy with that for today. If I get the chance, I'll be out tomorrow as well.

http://www.strava.com/activities/109558487

D

Deleted member 1258

I must admit I like the house.

Peteaud

Veteran
Good, Good, Bad, Good, Good ^_^

1st off the weather forecast said heavy cloud but no rain until 1 pm so as Wednesday is my day off it was time to give the new Synapse disc a good ride. Got set off and a bit misty and damp / cold but a good time to test the new winter gloves and BBB overshoes.

large.jpg

Heading out past the barren cider orchards the roads are still very wet and covered in debris and pot holes.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Interesting to notice most of the backroads have had the drainage ditches re dug, probably not helping the flooded areas tho.

After getting to Curry Mallet (great place name) the rain started to come down and although i wanted to get over onto the Somerset Levels proper it was getting too cold, my overshoes are not that warm and my winter tights are not waterproof.

large.jpg

Heading back through Isle Abbotts and back through Ilton the rain started to clear, but the feet at this point had started to get really cold so headed home.

large.jpg

Synapse 105 Disc, proving to be a great bike.

So, 23 miles - Good
New bike - Good
BBB overshoes, not warm enough - Bad
New gloves - Good
Overall - Good

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good, Good, Bad, Good, Good ^_^

1st off the weather forecast said heavy cloud but no rain until 1 pm so as Wednesday is my day off it was time to give the new Synapse disc a good ride. Got set off and a bit misty and damp / cold but a good time to test the new winter gloves and BBB overshoes.

large.jpg

Heading out past the barren cider orchards the roads are still very wet and covered in debris and pot holes.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Interesting to notice most of the backroads have had the drainage ditches re dug, probably not helping the flooded areas tho.

After getting to Curry Mallet (great place name) the rain started to come down and although i wanted to get over onto the Somerset Levels proper it was getting too cold, my overshoes are not that warm and my winter tights are not waterproof.

large.jpg

Heading back through Isle Abbotts and back through Ilton the rain started to clear, but the feet at this point had started to get really cold so headed home.

large.jpg

Synapse 105 Disc, proving to be a great bike.

So, 23 miles - Good
New bike - Good
BBB overshoes, not warm enough - Bad
New gloves - Good
Overall - Good

Great photo's.

potsy

Rambler
20 miles today to a now familiar location of Tatton Park, bit gloomy but no rain and the roads were quite dry.
Apart from 2 incidences of 'invisibility' as driver's were coming out of side roads it was a pleasant if slightly chilly ride.
My least favourite road the 'Tatton Mile' long straight and slightly uphill, seems to take forever to get to the end
Tatton 29th Jan 14.jpg

New water feature

P1020841.jpg

Was going to share my scone with a few birds but didn't fancy becoming an extra in an Alfred Hitchcock film so moved to somewhere a little quieter

P1020843.jpg
P1020844.jpg

Just to show @ColinJ I did climb a hill :whistle:

P1020845.jpg

20 miles today to a now familiar location of Tatton Park, bit gloomy but no rain and the roads were quite dry.
Apart from 2 incidences of 'invisibility' as driver's were coming out of side roads it was a pleasant if slightly chilly ride.
My least favourite road the 'Tatton Mile' long straight and slightly uphill, seems to take forever to get to the end
View attachment 37137

New water feature

View attachment 37133

Was going to share my scone with a few birds but didn't fancy becoming an extra in an Alfred Hitchcock film so moved to somewhere a little quieter

View attachment 37134 View attachment 37135

View attachment 37136

The only time I have done that stretch it had a really nasty headwind as well... tis horrible isn't it!

potsy

Rambler
The only time I have done that stretch it had a really nasty headwind as well... tis horrible isn't it!
Strava tells me I've done it 25 times, today was my 16th best time, not one to remember ^_^
Coming back down it is fun :thumbsup:

Strava tells me I've done it 25 times, today was my 16th best time, not one to remember ^_^
Coming back down it is fun :thumbsup:
shall have to rig a ride in that direct to try it - not done it that way!
must get my act together and get back out on the bike once the dog has gone back to its owner on Saturday. Only been out once in all that time, but have to go out tomorrow into town so might help to get my mojo back... :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

p1020843-jpg.37134.jpg

Not to mention the dire risk of 'suffering an Unlucky Alf'!

:laugh:

p1020845-jpg.37136.jpg
Yikes - I need to get into training so I will be able to keep up with you on March 29th! :thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The Tatton mile is a touch a go road on a bike, I sometimes take the back route towards Rostherne if I feel like hitting the short, sharp climbs that way......not so many WHOOOOOSHES past you there :eek:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
View attachment 37137

New water feature

View attachment 37133

View attachment 37134 View attachment 37135

View attachment 37136
If you go the other way along the Tatton Mile it's is downhill.....:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom