Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I feel so useless.I have just got back from a ten mile ride,yes ten miles.First ride since the middle of July.Despite being on the turbo and light weights,today was awful.Otley was the short destination only twelve miles out and same back.Well it was a bit cold,wuss i am.The legs screamed so i turned it in.Plan now is to go back to basics and just slowly get the miles in at any speed.Keep watching this space.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I feel so useless.I have just got back from a ten mile ride,yes ten miles.First ride since the middle of July.Despite being on the turbo and light weights,today was awful.Otley was the short destination only twelve miles out and same back.Well it was a bit cold,wuss i am.The legs screamed so i turned it in.Plan now is to go back to basics and just slowly get the miles in at any speed.Keep watching this space.
But you went out and made the effort, so you can have a like for that

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm away from home this week, and since I figured 3 nights on my tod in a hotel would be dull, I put a bike in the van.
Staying near Westerham, and after my course finished today I checked in then headed out with no route planned, just followed my nose. Hilly round here compared to home! Narrow lanes to start and I came face to face with a tractor thingy leading to me leaping off bike and quick-stepping into the hedgerow so he could pass. Got a wave so good start. After this I went uphill for a bit, but was eventually rewarded with a very nice couple of miles downhill back towards the hotel. This was spoilt all too soon as the front end felt all squidgy and the fairy had paid a visit. Only a 5 min walk back to the hotel so shanks pony and repaired in the van.
All set for tomorrow now, may head up to Biggin Hill aerodrome.

gavgav

Guru
First ride in just over a week, with a short blast after work on a mild evening, with no wind whatsoever.

Through the estate, Reabrook and then up to Heathgates, before turning through Castlefields and down to the River. Along the towpath, into The Quarry, where it was busy with Fisherman, dog walkers, cyclists and men dismantling the tents from the weekend Oktoberfest that I indulged at!

Crossed Porthill Bridge and came across a child’s scooter in the cycle path, but no sign of child :huh:. Hope all was well there.

Up through Porthill, Copthorne, Radbrook, Nobold, Meole Brace and home.

The only slight discomfort was a bit of an ache in my arm from the Flu jab I had at work today.

11.1 miles at 11.8mph avg

gavgav

Guru
No one who makes the effort is useless. Hope things improve :okay:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Managed to get a 16 mile ride in today that included the village of Newbourne. Helped an old guy change the punctured back wheel of his car. Several people in other vehicles slowed down and asked if we needed any extra help (including a member of Suffolk Constabulary). Only one person didn't ... they cycled on. (Probably saw another cyclist had it all in hand. :whistle:)

Been away for a week in Cromer so had some rides up there.

First was a ride from Naaridge along the disused railway to Aylesham and then on back to Cromer.

I took the XLS and the other half on her Giant Escape;was a bit slippy after Sunday's rain with lot's of leaves and plenty of tree debris as well.One of these caused a puncture antweaked the rear rim of the Giant.Had a detour as part was barriered off as it looked like a new bridge was being built.

Also after a stop at the Railway museum we skipped the 'loop' as it was probably going to be too mucky for the Giants Voyager Hypers and then after Aylesham headed back to Cromer via Blickling.

XLS at Blickling Hall;

IMG_1196.jpg

Train museum

IMG_1195.jpg

Cake!

IMG_1194.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/1211951256

Thursday was a ride to East Ruston Vicarage garden via Happisburgh.

Nice but breezy day with a tail wind;headed out via the Repps along the coast at Bacton to Happisburgh and then to East Ruston(with a detour due to a 'switched'(on purpose apparently) sign.

Spent quite a while there's much so that we had to skip the planned cake and drink:ohmy: as we wanted to get backbefore the light faded.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1216591485

Garden cat;

IMG_1325.jpg

Some pics of the garden;

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

ride back was via the main coast road to save time; was a bit hairy at times and Val struggled a bit (not helped by the then undiagnosed dinged wheel) but made it back for some nice chips at Cromer.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1216592930

Back home at the week-end had a quick blat on the Helium.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1220569043

As the title says I may have drunk a bit of red the night before and listening to some Slayer^_^

IMG_1348.jpg

And then some gardening;not quite East Ruston but not bad

IMG_1351.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Used the hybrid today for the first time since Easter as a means getting to and from work. For the first time I left it on the stands in the underground car park rather than those on street outside. Slightly wary as the car park has a steep exit and the left turn at the first junction on the road outside is one of those that is all too often frequented by learner drivers due to its steepness but I just sailed up them without even having to contemplate getting out of the saddle - conclusion hills look steeper in a car than on bike!

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Softly softly catchee monkey!

Top Bottom