Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out for my Friday ride was taking it slightly easier. Just going over roundabout at West End, van did not see me getting checked out now. Bike is bad. Steerer tube snapped.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Out for my Friday ride was taking it slightly easier. Just going over roundabout at West End, van did not see me getting checked out now. Bike is bad. Steerer tube snapped.

So sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you are all right. Take care :hugs:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Lovely conditions out there today so I needed to get out and ride. Not the ride I had in mind though due to looking after a furry fiend.

All well known roads so that there was no navigation to do and I headed out to Condover initially, then Atcham, Upton Magna, Walcot, Eaton Constantine, Cressage, Cound Moor, Acton Burnell, Pitchford and back via Condover again.

No complaints about the driving today :okay: apart from; where the hell did all that traffic come from?:ohmy: It was like being out at rush hour and there were streams of traffic down lanes I'd usually have pretty much to myself. On the plus side there were quite a few other cyclists out and about too (well, a lot for round here anyway).

I took a little detour through Attingham Park which is always nice and it looked like they were having a bumper day with the number of visitors they had.

After Upton Magna, things quietened down a bit and it was nice to cruise along at speed on the flat. I mentioned the other day about possibly changing the Raleigh back onto Marathons - well, I did and today was the first proper trip out with them. I can feel the extra weight when trying to get up to speed but I don't think they are actually any slower than the Voyager Hypers I've been running for the last year or so. They are also nice and quiet but you do feel every bump in the road.

Today I didn't have a headwind through Eaton Constantine so could enjoy the descent through the village and then onwards to Cressage. Cressage to Acton Burnell is never very quick due to being uphill most of the way (and often against the wind too) but you get a good fast run through Pitchford to make up for that.

32.32 miles today (like that figure ^_^) at 15.4 mph average, making it my quickest ride for a few weeks.

Just a couple of snaps while out today.
DSC0005332.jpg

Approaching Attingham up the main drive.

DSC0005333.jpg

The Wrekin from near Acton Burnell

DSC0005335.jpg

Rosie. The furry fiend stopping me from doing a longer ride today.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
What a lovely day today. End of October and the sun is shining beautifully. So I just had to fit this one in. Standard loop stuff as time was a tad limited. What to report? Well the bridge over the motorway at Cobb's Cross had lots of workers about today. In all the time I've been this way while the bridge has been closed I've only ever seen one or two. Maybe they are gathering to claim the glory of completion? I do hope it's that - completion that is. Up on Woolridge I slowed to look left and right at the views. Another lovely day for it for sure although the Welsh mountains were a tad hazy. Lots of riders were about on the Hams today so much waving and smiling to be done. This continued all the way to Tunnel Hill. Indeed a "tester" came past in the aero position and said "good afternoon". Nice run around today with a bit of everything I suppose. 44 smiles

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yikes. Hope you are OK

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Our (that is myself and SWMBO) ride today, just under 20 miles in a loop around urban Tyneside.

Unfortunately, my Drift Camera failed to record, for some unknown reason, so, the best I have are rear views, from my Aldi Rearlight / Camera.

from Boldon Colliery, along quiet road

through Colliery Wood (reclaimed Coal Mine site) on cycle track

skirting Cleadon Village (the "posh" end)

the coast

the banks of the River Tyne

back to the busy bits

Passing St Paul's Church, Jarrow

Last edited:

pjd57

Veteran
Bit cold this morning but an enjoyable couple of hours. Out along the Canal towards Clydebank. Over on to Great western road A82 to the Erskine Bridge sliproad. Down the path through the woods to Old Kilpatrick and headed back towards Glasgow on the canal again. Off the canal and along the old railway towards the Clydeside.
Kelvingrove, Kelvin and home.
Would have been a great day to stay out for longer but can't grumble.
temporary_file894144048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_095954850_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171027_095954850_HDR.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom