Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
A few personal achievements after today's ride.

Out the door just before 06:00 to head towards Derby to bag more explorer squares, was rather cloudy and a bit cooler than recent days which was very welcome.

I'd obviously rehydrated from yesterdays ride as I had to stop twice in the first 30 miles to answer the call of nature.

After looping in and out of Derby it was over to Nottingham to do the same before heading to Nice Pie for the cafe stop. The original route was 113 miles but I added another 6 or 7 before the cafe stop and then changed the route home to hit another double metric.

By the time I got to Nice Pie it was sunshine and hot again

So my personal achievements were:

1) Took my max square on Veloviewer to 42 and now sit 17th on the leaderboard :becool:
2) Completed 3 200km rides in a row. :becool:
3) Today saw me complete my 100th imperial - A century of centuries :becool:

Humblebrag over.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1695521574

The heatmap of my imperials:

View attachment 418909

A big thank you to @13 rider @tallliman @Lilliburlero @Chris Doyle who I have ridden several of my imperials with and the company makes the rides easier.

I should also thank @ianrauk for the imperial a month challenge without which I wouldn't have got the 100 mile bug.

Fantastic achievement @Supersuperleeds and you really did hit that mark in style :highfive:

July 7th - 108 miles
July 8th - 13 miles
July 9th - 127 miles
July 10th - 130 miles
July 11th - 127 miles

I really don`t know how you do it :notworthy:

13 rider

Guru
Cornish holiday ride this morning out early at 0600 with a slightly fuzzy head ( not sure why ) . Lovely and warm but not too hot . From Holywell bay every ride starts with a 250ft climb in a mile which sets the tone for the ride . On to Newquay on quiet main roads . Up towards the airport on to St Columb major and some quiet lanes towards St Eval constant up and down mainly long drags of climbs . Dropped into St Mawgan and round a corner and was met with a 20% wall :surrender: slow grovel up to the airport and a drop into Watergate bay which means another climb out with a couple of switchbacks on it probably around 12 to 15% so another struggle back through Newquay and on to Crantock . This is where a blatant Strava segment chase occured . On a quick spin the other night I got a 7th place on a new segment during which I actually stopped got off the bike to allow a car to squeeze through on a single track road. No cars this morning so full on effort and the KOM mine :becool: a full 20 seconds quicker I now have more KOMs in Cornwall than at home . I feel cycling is not quite as popular here as most segments only have hundreds of people doing them rather than the thousands at home . 32 miles in the bag with 3300 ft of upness still managed 14.8 mph but being to feel the effects of all the climbing and continuous days of riding . Beach day today so nice and chilled day

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Our last ride of the holiday... maybe.
We chances upon the Viarhona cycle route, the sign said Geneva 138km. It was traffic free, smooth, scenic and lovely. Only it ran out and signage dried up after 6/7 miles. Eventually we found a bridge to cross the river, but it was closed for resurfacing!
We came back down the valley on the road, then did a little detour before heading for lunch and home.

38 French miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1697510832

C9FC4037-6529-4B92-ABE0-B46139277EC0.jpeg
A6FADBF1-511C-4247-8E66-C6318CADA588.jpeg
0A37E5FC-56E0-472D-812B-9A8BAF217060.jpeg
CE666377-C536-4CAD-B4A6-AECD2CB8B049.jpeg
846CB5C6-7614-4FD3-B1BA-8A65CC8FB360.jpeg
FFB5251E-0461-4F33-9194-9B8E141EC0F6.jpeg
AD6F92CE-BAD5-4717-857E-4BED058ABEE1.jpeg
0EC208A3-440E-4445-830F-57B923AB1C1A.jpeg
4B2E54EB-E820-4EB6-887A-87C18C56D21F.jpeg

pjd57

Veteran
No big run planned for today.

Started early to meet @gaijintendo before work for a book swap on the canal path in Maryhill.
Pleasure to meet him.

Headed towards the city , got as far as Firhill when I got a message to say my first work visit of the day had cancelled.
Too early to head to second ( and last ) visit. So home and back in bed by 9.

Hours sleep then back to the canal and down to Knightswood.
Got to cycle on the pristine new section of path beside Knightswood park.
Work done and back home.
Quick snack then over to Dalmarnock in the East end.
Along the Clyde through Glasgow green and along to visit my Mrs in Partick, then home.

38 miles in total.
IMG_20180711_112000.jpg
stopped to take a picture of this corner of an ordinary looking block of flats.

Very proud of this corner. All my work from foundations to roof.

So that was my day.
IMG_20180712_162759.jpg

Mr Celine

Discordian
Le ride from hier. Le vacance chateau de Celine has un bon view of a wee hill called le grande colombier which je decided to ride up. Je set oot early parce que le soleil brie. Apres quelques kilometres, un bon view of Culoz.

IMG_20180711_095546.jpg

J'ai fatiguee, this part of the climb is tres steep, just as well I'd put on a 28 dent cirque de grandmere. Chaque km there is a sign showing altitude, distance et moyenne pente. Half way...
IMG_20180711_101515.jpg

Eventually the line des arbres is reached and the dernier couple of km are across an alpine meadow with only the bruit of vache bells to be heard.
IMG_20180711_105518.jpg

Eventually, le sommet.
IMG_20180711_111400.jpg

Et le vue panoramique.
IMG_20180711_111756.jpg

Apreswards, relaxing dans le jardin. The summit is the pale vert patch immediately above my droite grand toe.
IMG_20180711_164403.jpg

55 Km @ 17.3 Kmph. 1691 metres ascent.
Apologies pour le Franglais.

Mes knees sont knackered just par reading that. Chapeau!!! :notworthy:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
This evening there was a select gathering of 6 of us at Littledean for the Thursday GV outing. Ken P, Simon B, Andrew F, the Rawlings brothers and me. We headed for Huntley thinking that Lee H might be joining us but there was no sign. We continued to Newent to loop back by Blackwells End for Tibberton and Flaxley. Lee appeared coming in the opposite direction so he turned to join us. His new bike was on show - a birthday present from his wife. For a change we took the steep lane over The Slad. That broke the group up but we were almost back to HQ. Bizarrely we had some small amount of rain. Can't remember the last time we even had a drop. 32 smiles

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another late afternoon ride today with no excuse for not getting out earlier other than sheer lazyness sitting around the house listening to the radio on a day off work. Just a slower paced 50km mostly sticking to the countryside of Falkenham, Kirton, Newbourne, Waldringfield, Rushmere and Bucklesham on the Giant flatbar, then home for a shower and food before driving out to my sister's for my nephew's 14th birthday.
This just about sums up the day.
Newbourne (1).jpg

The route...
Screenshot_2018-07-13 July's relaxed 50km Ride Strava.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just completed 5 consecutive days of 100 milers. Yesterday I found hard with any slight incline really hard work. So today I set off for Lincoln which meant apart from Burrough Hill a very flat ride.

Left the house just before 6am and headed through Leicester city centre to get north of the city.

Once I was the other side and into the countryside I pretty much had the world to myself, only downside was the headwind, but it wasn’t particularly strong.

Had a great three or four miles from Tattersall to Woodall Spa. Road was closed so got it all to myself. When I got to the closed bit hopped on the path and around them.

Bacon butty and a brew at Bardney and then 9 miles along the cycle path into Lincoln. Now sat on the train heading home.

Has been a glorious week, 600 miles in five days, short ride tomorrow to take the distance for the week to 1000km

Beer a bath and pizza when I get home.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just completed 5 consecutive days of 100 milers. Yesterday I found hard with any slight incline really hard work. So today I set off for Lincoln which meant apart from Burrough Hill a very flat ride.

Left the house just before 6am and headed through Leicester city centre to get north of the city.

Once I was the other side and into the countryside I pretty much had the world to myself, only downside was the headwind, but it wasn’t particularly strong.

Had a great three or four miles from Tattersall to Woodall Spa. Road was closed so got it all to myself. When I got to the closed bit hopped on the path and around them.

Bacon butty and a brew at Bardney and then 9 miles along the cycle path into Lincoln. Now sat on the train heading home.

Has been a glorious week, 600 miles in five days, short ride tomorrow to take the distance for the week to 1000km

Beer a bath and pizza when I get home.

Really well done. Great effort. :notworthy:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Top Bottom