Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had a good ride today.Went out with a mate on his E bike. 56 miles, it's not the milage he would normaly do, 40 miles has been his limit ovet the last 4 or 5 months, was a hard ride as the wind was quite strong and a bit hilly, he found the steep hills easy where as i struggled, the more gentle gradients he struggled and i found a lot easier, has his bike is restricted to 16 mph. at the end of the day we both had a good work out, as usuel we ended in the pub for a couple of beers, we where joined by my better half, she had ridden earlier in the day with one of her mates, so she deserved her gin and tonic x 2^_^
https://www.strava.com/activities/2076052709

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
After yesterday's leisure & shopping outing, I'd planned on having the day at home due to needing to do a bit of maintanance & cleaning on some of the fleet. Unfortunately, the title of the ride explains why an unscheduled trip was required.
Screenshot_2019-01-13 Garmin Connect.png

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Another warm day here, drizzle and strong winds though.
I checked the phone at the coffee stop, 20mph winds, no wonder I was pedaling downhill!
Only one of the Belles appeared at the start: I had planned a few tame hills for us, she was up to it.
We went for a loop of Glasgow's south side, both of us coming from the east end.
I was proud of myself that I remembered the hidden lanes, I am normally led along them, today I was the leader ^_^
So, we climbed up to the viewpoint in Queen's Park, back down meandering to Bellhouston park, around the outdoor track just for fun, through Pollock park from the back door :laugh: then joining the riverside path to home.
My riding partner came by train from 2 villages further up from mine, she had such a good time that she decided to ride back.
I ended up in Asda again, to pick up a click and collect.
Discovered that they have a return point for many of the online cycling retailers we use, good to know as they are open 24/7.
Great morning out, as usual, here are some pictures.
IMG_20190113_102707836.jpg

IMG_20190113_102715987.jpg

Those above are from the top of Queen's Park, same spot as last Sunday's, only this time there is no fog, you can actually see the view.
Strangely, it was not windy either for such an exposed place.

IMG_20190113_120133818.jpg

My favourite spot riding through Pollock park, shame it's only about half a mile long.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Tour of the bars on Saturday

Today I spent about 3 hours on the bike and 4 at the different bars.. AWESOME ride!!

B8TACmK.jpg

And my second pit stop group..

W890x9Y.jpg

100 km and 1300 meters of climbing.

Only 140 km behind schedule on the goa for the year.. The climbing goal is on schedule. 1million feet by the end of the year!

Then Sunday was a bit less... Riding and beer as well.

Small chain ring recovery and sweating day..

Went out with a slower group so I spent 95% of the ride on the small chain ring to keep things interesting to me..

After we were done…

3Jq1BjM.jpg

Trying to catch up with the distance goal.. 120 km behind so far..

C R

Guru
Tour of the bars on Saturday

Today I spent about 3 hours on the bike and 4 at the different bars.. AWESOME ride!!

View attachment 447061

And my second pit stop group..

View attachment 447062

100 km and 1300 meters of climbing.

Only 140 km behind schedule on the goa for the year.. The climbing goal is on schedule. 1million feet by the end of the year!

Then Sunday was a bit less... Riding and beer as well.

Small chain ring recovery and sweating day..

Went out with a slower group so I spent 95% of the ride on the small chain ring to keep things interesting to me..

After we were done…

View attachment 447063

Trying to catch up with the distance goal.. 120 km behind so far..

Aaaaah, Estrella Galicia, can't remember the last time I had one.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Day off today, arranged a phone repair this afternoon so rude not to use a morning eh ?.
27 miles at no great pace on the roadbike, slightly chilly when I went out, stopped half way ish for egg, beans, two toast and a mug of tea,
Countryside roads, nice and quiet, nothing remarkable seen, just nice to get out there....my OA has been making me achey lately which has curtailed my desire to get out at all.
All good though :okay:

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Aaaaah, Estrella Galicia, can't remember the last time I had one.

Me neither... :cheers: but my guess is Saturday..

pjd57

Veteran
Another warm day here, drizzle and strong winds though.
I checked the phone at the coffee stop, 20mph winds, no wonder I was pedaling downhill!
Only one of the Belles appeared at the start: I had planned a few tame hills for us, she was up to it.
We went for a loop of Glasgow's south side, both of us coming from the east end.
I was proud of myself that I remembered the hidden lanes, I am normally led along them, today I was the leader ^_^
So, we climbed up to the viewpoint in Queen's Park, back down meandering to Bellhouston park, around the outdoor track just for fun, through Pollock park from the back door :laugh: then joining the riverside path to home.
My riding partner came by train from 2 villages further up from mine, she had such a good time that she decided to ride back.
I ended up in Asda again, to pick up a click and collect.
Discovered that they have a return point for many of the online cycling retailers we use, good to know as they are open 24/7.
Great morning out, as usual, here are some pictures.
View attachment 447052
View attachment 447053
Those above are from the top of Queen's Park, same spot as last Sunday's, only this time there is no fog, you can actually see the view.
Strangely, it was not windy either for such an exposed place.

View attachment 447054
My favourite spot riding through Pollock park, shame it's only about half a mile long.

It's quite a sight arriving with one of the free wheel rides in Bellahouston and we all take off for a lap or two of the track.
Long past the age where anyone cares what we look like .
Just enjoying it.

Old jon

Guru
A brighter morning today, or was that wishful thinking? Anyway it was certainly time for a ride and a good dose of fresh air for the lungs to deal with.

Making plans, deciding where to ride that is, is not easy. And the end product is often very flexible, so with no clear idea of anything at all I pedalled away from home. Knowing that Holbeck would be the first bit of the ride no matter which direction would be ridden later. North and a bit east seemed to be the thought. Cross the river on Crown Point Bridge before a surprisingly quiet wander past the bus station and the start of the ride to Oakwood. There was no excuse to miss Boot Hill ‘cos I was riding the bike with gears today, but that hill is still a bit of a slog. Cross the Ring Road, hmmm, straight on, turn right, or maybe left? Right it was, Red Hall and Skeltons Lanes leading to the first Thorner Lane of the ride and the ride down Sandhills. Through the village and at the bottom of Church Hill turn left onto Milner Lane, which has its own sharp hill that leads to Thorner Lane number two of the day. Not that way, stay on Milner Lane which was surprisingly quiet this morning.

Holme Farm Lane next, into East Rigton and turn right onto Compton Lane. I did not know, till looking at Google Earth just now, that Jewitt Lane goes right as well as left at the crossroads above Collingham. Yup, I knew the road, just not its name. Today it could be called Not Pig Farm Lane. There were arks all over the fields but not a single pig to be seen. Maybe it was the warmth of the arks that kept them out of sight. Anyway, this southern end of Jewitt Lane, almost surprisingly, leads to the third Thorner Lane of the morning. Turn left, sort of heading towards Bramham but when the junction with Thorner Road appears, turn right. To Thorner. The ride up Sandhills did not appeal that much so a right turn onto Carr Lane was taken, for a different direction to travel uphill. On a clear day, and it was, there is a view of Shadwell as the road nears the A 58. Decision time again. Shadwell and the climb of Main Street? Or the mundane ride along the Wetherby Road? Mundane it was, fewer parked cars was the excuse. The Boot Hill whizzz was well earned this morning. Turn right towards the clock and the final four miles of the twenty seven ridden this morning took me home just in time to ring my bell at our lass as she walked along the street to our house. An extra reason to smile!

Unravelled roads

14012019.jpg

Top Bottom