Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A short MTB ride this morning with the Go Ride kids and parents on a blue grade trail. Fun had by all plus cake afterwards as it was one of the kids' birthday today.

More practice required by my kids on descending over a loose surface with roots and stones. Ability is there, but a severe lack of confidence persists. I'll take them out again without the group as an audience may not help.

Mike_P

Guru
4.5 mile round shopping trip on the ebiked hybrid this afternoon, a New Years present to it, letting it stretch it's wheels for a full mile further than its daily round commute but with only 17% more effort from the motor climbing 335ft. Not happy with Asda, the customer bike racks had been removed and the alternate ones by the staff entrance are at an often busy, in terms of pedestrians, corner where I can quite imagine bikes get some damage, if only unintentional to a wheel by someone walking into it or hitting it with a heavy bag.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
6.10 mile round trip on the bike for a utility ride to do some shopping. It’s been a while since I’ve ridden on a NYD.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Happy New Year and time to zap the 2020 zero. Steve E and I headed for the Pot where Jules H was waiting. Steve was on a short leash so headed back. Jules and I took to the Bredon loop but in a clockwise direction for a change. At Ashton under Hill we had to dismount as a soap box derby was underway. What a wonderful bunch of home engineering was on display and the speed down the hill was impressive. We went by Bredon village for a change before taking to Wetherspoons in Tewkesbury. Many cafes were closed. Heading back took us up Bushley bank before we encountered closed gates at the school. That's a first but no problem as they were not locked. Jules headed back from Tunnel Hill while I took my usual run back. Lots of Kestrels on display today. No wind meant the occasional Buzzard could only perch on a post but great tits seemed to be quite active. 51 smiles

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Happy New Year everyone.

A clear sunny day, so decided to get the qualifying ride in for the Half Century Challenge with a metric half around familiar roads. Despite thinking I'd layered up well, I was still near frozen when I got in :cold:
My first ride since early December (another challenge ride) and by 'eck could I tell towards the end of this one. Time to fit in a few turbo sessions.
Still, I got round and that's what counts

35.01 miles in 3h 11m at just 11 mph, with 1,519 ft climbed and an average temperature of just 2.4 °C

Here's a pic, and a map:

It’s a Spa Ti audax. Had it just over a year and more or less got it as I want it now. It makes a good ‘Sunday’ bike or overnighter and complements my heavier tourer/everyday bike. Very pleased with it.

I'm glad I'm not alone in having a "Heavy" and "light" bike.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I'm glad I'm not alone in having a "Heavy" and "light" bike.

Yes, all relative of course. I’m a huge rohloff fan and my Thorn raven sport tour has served me well since 2006 and more than 35000 miles. It carries big loads and is a great commuter. I wanted something different for day rides so I plumped for a ti audax style bike. This suits my slow paced riding around Cumbria, Lancashire and North Yorkshire.

pawl

Legendary Member
A few years ago as Castle Donnington power station no longer exists . Funnily enough was talking to @Supersuperleeds on today's ride about fishing opposite the priest house and the nice warm water in the Trent

I must have been about Sixteen when I last went there.It got me thinking. On the evening club ride I believe there was a cave or caves called the Hermits cave.Just checked on Google it was actually called Anchor Church.

colly

Re member eR
I thought today I might get out in the sunshine. It would make a nice change because all my most recent rides have been early doors in the dark. I like riding at night, but not that much.
So after a late up after last nights fun and games and a very leisurely breakfast with my pal who stayed over, the morning had drifted away. My mate left around 1.45 and I thought to take my chance. How foolish of me. Mrs Colly needed to walk down and see her sister and seeing as someone else was calling round muggins was delegated to hold the fort.
I finally got sorted and got out just after 4pm...........just as it was getting dark.
No matter. The Garmin lasted about 4 miles which I found out when I got back home. Obviously I didn't charge it after the last time it was used.
I plotted the route anyway and it was 17 miles and about 900ft of up.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31679131

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Got this years Metric Century a Month Challenge off to a flying start with a 64 mile (102.9km) ride over to Tetbury and back. 5 hrs 44 mins door to door, which I was quite pleased with. Took the route over the Cotswold escarpment through Dursley this time. A serious (14%) hill lasting for well over a mile took me to my very limit just a third of my way through the ride. No cafes open anywhere, so turned the bike around at the 29 mile mark in Tetbury and headed back the same way. After the great descent into Dursley, I did a few mental calculations and hung a left up and over one of my least favourite hills (Cam Pitch) and onwards towards Berkeley. No cafes open there either, so just gritted my teeth and slogged my way home down the lanes. After a nice hot bath to defrost the toes, I'm quite glad to have got my challenge ride out of the way before any icy weather descends on us. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone.
Cheers, Donger.

Got this years Metric Century a Month Challenge off to a flying start with a 64 mile (102.9km) ride over to Tetbury and back. 5 hrs 44 mins door to door, which I was quite pleased with.

I'm rather envious of that as I took a bit over 7 hours today. Some of that was wandering around Tübingen, and trying to get the blood to circulate in my extremities, but still...

I'm rather envious of that as I took a bit over 7 hours today. Some of that was wandering around Tübingen, and trying to get the blood to circulate in my extremities, but still...

Just worked it out and I think my times are as follows:

Dep Apartment 06:20
Arr Tübingen 09:40

Outward trip= 3h 20 min

Dep Tübingen 10:20
Arr Apartment Ca. 13:30

Return = 3h 10 min

Total= ca. 6h 30 min.

That's a bit more respectable, especially as I haven't included a couple more "Photographic stops" and the aforementioned "sitting on hands to get the feeling in my fingers back" which altogether I would guess add up to about 20-30 min, but I'm not sure enough to factor that in.

Top Bottom