Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
About to go for my Boris half hour on the Bundy track bike.

Attachments

• 20200415_173835.jpg
    20200415_173835.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Fragrant Mrs P and I went off road this afternoon up the tracks to the Ridgeway, a beautiful afternoon away from nearly everyone. 16.5 miles. I'll let the Go Pro photos do the talkin'.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Out this afternoon from Longford up the A38, via The Leigh for a pic, to Coombe Hill, from there to Stoke Orchard then through Tredington back onto the A38 and back to Longford. The pic at The Leigh was the last of the church pics of a local group of churches. Will have to find new target destinations.
Traffic busier today, more close passes today than in other rides combined.
Average number of cyclists but no family groups today.
19.9 miles.

gavgav

Guru
Late finish at work, due to ridiculous national demands and expectations, but just enough time to get out for a ride, to calm down a bit.

Lovely and warm, but it’s clouded over quite a bit, since lunchtime, as I began with a loop through the business park, then the short section on the A458 which was very busy traffic wise again.

Turned along the Betton Abbots road and there was a horrible smell coming from the fields, which was also attracting a plague of midge’s and they were the biting sort, so not very pleasant.

Climbed up the hill to Cantlop, then down and through the dip to Pitchford Fork, where I turned left and descended to Cound Stank, which was the first time I’d used the road in that direction.

Just before heading back out onto the A458 again, I had a bee enter my helmet!! Luckily it escaped before doing any damage. This short section, on the main road was more pleasurable, only 1 car and they gave me the widest pass I’ve had for a long long time :okay:

Turned along the lane to Berrington, then up to King St, where the Road had been closed earlier this week. Can’t see any evidence of what they’ve done though?

Back through the midge’s and home with 13.0 miles on the clock and a 14.0mph avg speed. It’s rare I get into the 14’s and so I’m happy with that.

Mike_P

Guru
Wind down to sensible levels at last and a north easterly today so a logical outing for the Defy after homework today, out into the wind, back with the wind for once on an another ride around the Ripley Nidd etc loop. Fair number of cyclists about and also seemingly a greater number of cars as well. Two oddities; outbound going into Killinghall by swooping to the centre of road and back to socially distance from a pedestrian I somehow managed to set off a speed sign:eek:

then heading towards the northern end of Nidd I spotted a field of sheep, some with lambs, all socially distancing:laugh:

The tailwind no doubt assisted in a new PR from Killinghall to the A59^_^
12.29 miles @ 14.1 mph, 682 ft climbed.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Nice 39 miles this afternoon with my better half. Stopped for a couple of pics along the way, Sunshine all the way, Did a loop of Esseex and Hertford. The Essex boys and girls where out in force driving like idiots, It all gets a bit quieter as you get into Hertford, Nice ride though, was nice to be out, Ended having a beer in the garden when we got home.
https://www.strava.com/activities/3341478089

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
After my saddle failure on No.1 bike yesterday, I took No.2 bike out tonight for a 21 miler around the usual lanes. The front mech isn't working, but it was great to spin around on the middle ring, with everything running smoothly and silently. Despite the small numbers out and about these days, this was the fifth ride in a week where I have been spotted by a friend. Nice to be able to shout hello at least.
Cheers, Donger.

Kryton521

Über Member
Truth be told it was the other day, just events over took me.

I have a collection of Foska cycle tops. Including "I pay road tax", bit of a laugh.......

Cycling along, doing my thing, a car pulls alongside me, very irate male driver, screams abuse, frothing at the mouth, "You don't pay F'ing road tax on that thing! I pay f'ing road tax so t**ts like you can hold me up!"
"You have a nice safe needless drive in your car today!" replies I to which he screamed over leaving the scent of burning clutch and unspent rage!
Made my day!

Top Bottom