Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
10 miles for me today. The roads were heaving with cars today. My usual short loop. A bit cool in places bit when the.sun came out it was lovely and warm. The Himalayan Balsam is starting to flower as well.

AndreaJ

Veteran
A longer ride today with some more new lanes. Set off to Loppington and straight on to Burlton crossing over the main road to Marton then turning back to Weston Lullingfields, Baschurch, past the schools to Eyton where there was a helicopter from RAF Shawbury practicing some very low flying, carried on to Old Woods where the helicopter was hovering even nearer the ground in a field and onto Merrington taking a new route to PimHill, over the road at Harmer Hill towards Hadnall where I went a bit wrong and turned up Shotton Lane getting up the hill before realising and turning round. Back on track headed to Sansaw Heath, Yorton getting held up by some temporary traffic lights by the station which appeared to be stuck on red as the workmen waved people through, up to Clive, back down towards Wem where I found the main road had been surface dressed luckily enough traffic had been along so it wasn’t too bad, turned towards Palms Hill to find that road had also been done, got passed by a Ferrari before turning to Barkers Green, Aston, back into Wem, Creamore, Ryebank, Foxholes, Northwood and home. Only saw one other cyclist out today. 34.95 miles @15.5mph .
Picture of the view from Pimhill
8EBCD522-22CA-4F5B-A719-F20D02FFC357.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's outing was a trip across the border into Norfolk. I loaded the Pickenflick flatbar into the boot of the car and headed up to Diss where I was pleasantly surprised to find that they've suspended the charges on the council car parks.

I started out heading across the Redgrave & Lopham Fen area to Redgrave, then up to South & North Lopham before aiming for East Harling. At the Garbaldisham Road crossroads I had to stop to let an absolutely pristine Daimler SP250 Dart go through, only to be overtaken a few seconds later by the complete contrast of a couple of brand new electric motorcycles complete with high pitched whine. Continuing North from East Harling and across the A11to the village of Snetterton and then back down past the circuit (motorbike track day judging by the noise)
Snetterton.JPG

On to Quidenham and Kenninghall and then out to New Buckenham before making the turn south for a very indirect run to Eye along mostly quiet back lanes through Shelfanger, Burston, Scole, Billingford where the windmill is undergoing restoration (those are the sails on the ground behind the fencing) and Hoxne.
Billingford Windmill (2).JPG

A short diversion in Stuston for a look at the church there and finally back into Diss and back to the car after a very pleasant 50 odd miles in the sunshine. https://www.strava.com/activities/3790381066
Screenshot_2020-07-20 Can you hear the banjos Ride Strava.png
Screenshot_2020-07-20 Can you hear the banjos Ride Strava(1).png

Mark pallister

Bit of xc up to parkhead station today
nippy start and a bit gusty but plenty of wildlife about 537274

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My usual 'bread and butter' 16 miler off road ride this lunch break.

Lots of smiley folk about, and only one dog almost squished under my Maxxis Minions - ding of bell, large family went both sides of path, dog was looking like he was staying where he was, but decided to dart in front of me at the last moment. Fortunately wasn't going much more than walking pace but the four pot brakes literally stopped the bike dead amid skiddy gravel noises. Managed to unclip one foot. Dog OK (no tyre marks), one shaken rider, one shaken dog owner who apologised profusely. :wacko:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Day off, weather set fair so headed to the Dales. Ended up being 122km with 1700m of up. Rode out to Clapham then up to Malham Tarn reaching 467masl. Enjoyed the quiet up by the tarn but was shocked at the traffic in Malham village for a weekday. Had morning coffee at Airton then did a loop south of Settle bringing me to Keasden. The chapel provided a bench for lunch. Then stopped in Wray for afternoon tea. A longer ride than planned and a nagging headwind on way home. Pictures are of Penyghent, Malham Tarn tranquility, view of walls from the descent down Malham Cove and Ingleborough from Mewith Lane. A grand day out!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Following yesterday's cripplingly stiff legs the only thing I could manage today was a very sedate recovery ride. I think I excelled myself with 16 flat-ish mile loop to Abingdon and back on the CdF at a blistering 10.3mph and 86bpm; the lowest mean heart rate I've ever managed on a ride and 99% in zone 1.

A really nice ride in perfect weather with a soundtrack of lofi hiphop; marred only by a scumbag flatbed close-passing me near Abingdon and having to brake heavily to a complete halt on the tow path (from an already anticipatory-slow speed) thanks to a kid over whom her parents had no apparent control running right in front of me at the very last minute. At least they apologised although I suspect this would have been less fourthcoming had I actually hit her :rolleyes:

Top Bottom