Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Out with some old Land Registry colleagues today on the Pub Crawl Peloton. Enjoyed the hospitality of the beer gardens at the Red Lion at Arlingham, The Ship at Framilode and the Anchor at Epney on a great little slow-paced 22 miler in the sunshine. By my reckoning we managed about 35 miles per gallon.;) Nice to reminisce and put the world to rights. One of our number had a clown horn instead of a bell, which added to the general amusement. A great afternoon out.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So last week, on hols in Cornwall, we rented MTB and explored their graded MTB trails. And something clicked - I felt like I 'graduated' as a mountain bike rider. I could suddenly DO it!

Got home from school today and my boys had the bikes ready and we set off for 10 miles around the Marlborough Downs. The final 5 miles are down the Ridgeway. I've ridden it before but slowly, nervously and stopping a squillion times.

Not today. Didn't put a foot down once. Bombed along with this MAMMOTH grin on my face and am now home, sky-high with endorphins and celebratory sparkles in the fridge which I will probably drink alone! SO. MUCH. FUN!

bagpuss

Guru
Return ride home to Derby from Shropshire for me today .
Via Shifnal ,up to Sheriffhales [the former home of Parker International cycle parts mail order in pre internet days.} Seeing what goodies were available in Cycling Weekly on Friday was a must .
Onto Lilleshall . Here I visited the remains of the Abbey .

But for Henry V111,could this Abbey, and many others fared better?
Another interesting point here is 70-foot high obelisk which stands on top of Lilleshall hill .

From here my ride became flat as black and yellow helicopters from RAF Shawrbury buzzed over head . Through Edgmond and into Staffordshire onto Knighton & Adbaston .Passing Cop Mere

Eccleshall ,stoping here for tea and cake^_^ . From here on the road got lumpy to Stone,onto the B5027 for Uttoxeter . This is a section were griding it out was the order of the day:cursing: . Through Uttoxeter into Derbyshire X the Dove , up toDoveridge ,Sudbury & Hatton . The final bit via Sutton and Radbourne and into Derby .
A splendid ride taking in three Counties in lovely weather:bicycle:

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
A day off today so out on the Roubaix at 11am, fabulous weather, the first ride in bib shorts this year. A relatively flat ride out to Pocklington for lunch, posh poached eggs on toast with pea shoots! Back home via York with a quick stop at the Triumph garage for a look at some motorbikes, very tempted.
64.45 miles with an average of 16.1 mph.

View attachment 585335

View attachment 585336

View attachment 585337
:ohmy:
This pic just shows how huge Bobbi Bear has grown!
:wub:

theloafer

Legendary Member
no work ..and wall to wall sun i was up and out early. shorts and short sleeved top first time of the year it was a tad chilly at first but it soon warmed up and i was happy as Larry :laugh::laugh: . had decided to ride up the Weardale valley home -Bishop Auckland dropped down newton cap bank and up to Toronto -howden-le-wear-Wolsingham.
I had hoped to get my first coffee here but NO,on through Frosterly and headed for Stanhope only to find all out side seating taken grrrrr. here i left the busy A689 for the quiet little road all the way to ST. John's Chaple. and success COFFEE at the chatterbox cafe ,bacon butty and coffee consumed i was ready for the little bump over Chaple fell and the drop down to the B6277 and down the Teasdale valley . Middleto-in-Teesdale was also busy so pushed on up to folly top then headed for woodlands -toft hill-West Auckland ,then a little bit of off road to Shildon and back home via the rail cycle path .. just over 71 miles and loved every one of them

up Weardale and down Teasdale | Ride | Strava

pjd57

Veteran

A functional rather than recreational outing today.
Headed to EK to see my daughter , then Paisley to collect something for Mrs , followed by a couple of things to do in Glasgow.
Sunshine all day , but too much traffic.

Progress on the new cycle lane from Cowcaddens / city centre up towards Queens Cross and Maryhill.

Return ride home to Derby from Shropshire for me today .
Via Shifnal ,up to Sheriffhales [the former home of Parker International cycle parts mail order in pre internet days.} Seeing what goodies were available in Cycling Weekly on Friday was a must .
Onto Lilleshall . Here I visited the remains of the Abbey . View attachment 585352
But for Henry V111,could this Abbey, and many others fared better?
Another interesting point here is 70-foot high obelisk which stands on top of Lilleshall hill .
View attachment 585356
From here my ride became flat as black and yellow helicopters from RAF Shawrbury buzzed over head . Through Edgmond and into Staffordshire onto Knighton & Adbaston .Passing Cop Mere View attachment 585357
Eccleshall ,stoping here for tea and cake^_^ . From here on the road got lumpy to Stone . Onto the B5027 for Uttoxeter . This is a section were griding it out was the order of the day:cursing: . Through Uttoxeter into Derbyshire X the Dove , up toDoveridge ,Sudbury & Hatton . The final bit via Sutton and Radbourne and into Derby .
A splendid ride taking in three Counties in lovely weather:bicycle:
Thats a lovely photo at Lilleshall Abbey ^_^

bagpuss

Guru
The bright sun light was causing a lot of back glare imho .

galaxy

Veteran
Clun is one of my many favorite villages {impossible to pick only one} Lazing by the river with its old bridge is hard to better . The Market town Ludlow also has much to offer . Bishops Castle another place you can lose the day in . Sadly some of its family run businesses have closed in recent years .
I live beetween Ludlow and Leominster. If your ever out and find yourself at Middleton On The Hill kettles always in

galaxy

Veteran
no work ..and wall to wall sun i was up and out early. shorts and short sleeved top first time of the year it was a tad chilly at first but it soon warmed up and i was happy as Larry :laugh::laugh: . had decided to ride up the Weardale valley home -Bishop Auckland dropped down newton cap bank and up to Toronto -howden-le-wear-Wolsingham.
I had hoped to get my first coffee here but NO,on through Frosterly and headed for Stanhope only to find all out side seating taken grrrrr. here i left the busy A689 for the quiet little road all the way to ST. John's Chaple. and success COFFEE at the chatterbox cafe ,bacon butty and coffee consumed i was ready for the little bump over Chaple fell and the drop down to the B6277 and down the Teasdale valley . Middleto-in-Teesdale was also busy so pushed on up to folly top then headed for woodlands -toft hill-West Auckland ,then a little bit of off road to Shildon and back home via the rail cycle path .. just over 71 miles and loved every one of them

up Weardale and down Teasdale | Ride | Strava

View attachment 585366

View attachment 585367

View attachment 585368

View attachment 585369

View attachment 585370
Lovely areas to cycle. I’d often venture out there in the mid 80’s when I lived in the North East

Top Bottom