Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
After a week in the UK I Flew back in to Northern Cyprus again last night so had a few things to catch up with then it was a quick blast around the block , just 12 miles before sunset on what was a warm and sunny afternoon here just like a warm English spring day. Got a dodgy usb cable so cant upload from garmin today..no big deal.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
First ride for a week today. Just to the hospital to meet Hubster. I took a new quick route as I was getting short on time due to laziness and needing to finish that cup of tea that I had.
I headed for Bowthorpe, turned left to Colney and then right to the Hospital. I went past the hospital and up the hill on the cyclepath, scalping some skinny University student type on his BSO MTB after he said something about me being a bit fat for hill climbing (it's only 60 yards or so for heavens sake). I yelled back "This Girl Can" and off I went. I looked back from the top of the wee hill and Student-boy was pushing his BSO MTB up the hill. It seems that 'That Boy Couldn't' Poor boy will probably need therapy after being well and truly scalped by a fat old bird :giggle:.

I went past the roundabout, still on the cyclepath and up the rest off the hill (Colney Lane) and through the bollards that allow bikes and dog walkers through to the residential bit of Colney Lane and Cringleford. I rode along there for a wee bit before turning right and, still on a cycle-path shared pavement thing, down the hill against the one way traffic and then on to the bikes only cycle path to Roundhouse Roundabout. From then I followed my usual route to the hospital, all 1.5 miles of it. I did have to go past the hospital and a quick lap of the car park as Hubster wasn't in the layby and I didn't want to stand around getting cold.

7.65 miles in 37 mins, which is not bad for cycle path riding.
When we got home Hubster said we should cycle commute to our dog walking job. We got most of the way there and Hubster remembered that he had forgotten to get the client's house key out of the car :wacko: so we rode back home. That gave another 2.6 miles with 100' of climbing (that's a lot for Norfolk) in 16 mins. We took the car to the client's house after that, along with our wee pup as that client's dog loves our wee Toffee pup and she gets a good run about with him.

91 miles so far this year. That's pretty good for me in January but I feel, that it's really pitiful in the grand scheme of things. 3 times as far as I rode last January though.

Levo-Lon

Guru
After a week in the UK I Flew back in to Northern Cyprus again last night so had a few things to catch up with then it was a quick blast around the block , just 12 miles before sunset on what was a warm and sunny afternoon here just like a warm English spring day. Got a dodgy usb cable so cant upload from garmin today..no big deal.

your post's always make me feel unhappy BaB...jelousy is a terible thing...expecting a very cold week here..
off out for a mtb night ride weds so that should be fun in the woods with a - temp expected...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just a quick blat down the bank and shops for some milk. 5.45 cold, windy grey miles. Saw some Red Kites bullying a crow, tried to take some photos but by the time I got the phone of I out they had fecked off.

26.01.png

1-IMG_1556.JPG

2-IMG_1558.JPG

3-IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited:

toptom

No probs mate hope you felt ok afterwards look forward to the next 100km and the beacon maybe

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I yelled back "This Girl Can" and off I went. I looked back from the top of the wee hill and Student-boy was pushing his BSO MTB up the hill.
This reminds me of a story one of my sisters tells about her and our mother both approaching Bishop's Hill (a wicked little rise in Ipswich close to where I live) while both on bikes. My mother apparently yelled at my sister "Race you to the top!" and my sister - in her early twenties at the time - thought "There's no way I'm going to let her beat me!" and promptly got out of the saddle and huffed and puffed her way to the top. While beginning to experience something close to a coronary, she quickly turned back to see her close our mother was. Mum was still near the bottom, pushing her bike, waving and laughing fit to burst.

howdenbiker

Should have been a normal ride home but shouldn't have had that cup of tea at 4pm. Stopped for a comfort break in a dark secluded spot only to be caught mid flow by the Kings Cross to Hull train as it passed by, about 20 feet away and was illuminated by the lights from the windows..............

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Should have been a normal ride home but shouldn't have had that cup of tea at 4pm. Stopped for a comfort break in a dark secluded spot only to be caught mid flow by the Kings Cross to Hull train as it passed by, about 20 feet away and was illuminated by the lights from the windows..............
:laugh:^_^ Wouldn't worry about it. Train passengers get to see worse than that sometimes. I remember an article in the paper 10 or so years back about a passenger train that pulled to an unscheduled stop near Tring just as a trouserless man was getting somewhat over-familiar with a goat in the middle of a field nearby! And that was in broad daylight.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Monday was MTB day :smile:

Took a short trip up to the Newcastleton 7 Stanes site, and it has changed somewhat! The old trailhead is now closed and all routes now begin from the centre of the village. This means easier access to cake :hungry:

Now that the Blue trail was longer, I figured once around each trail should be about right, so off I set. They've built a new bridge over the river to get access to the woods, but the bridge is uphill, followed by a 20% off-road climb :ohmy:. So much for an easy start!

16349147536_8f45a3ba68_c.jpg

After a couple of large lumps on tarmac, there is a very nice singletrack climb that I was really enjoying when I came across a bit of an issue:

16373390731_7570287cfc_c.jpg

Oh well, a bit of lift and jump and we were off again. There is more forest road climbing to get to the start of the next singletrack, which is the same as it always has been, and great fun. Then it's trailing all the way round the forest roads again to get to the new end section.

15752683974_ebc9bf5925_c.jpg

A big well done to whoever laid this out, it's a massive laugh :bravo:and it drops you all the way back to the lumpy road, where you retrace your steps back across the bridge, and head back to the village for a feed :mrpig:. I opted for a sausage roll and a macaroni pie :hungry:

Suitably refuelled, it was time for the Red route. This is much more technical in places and I still chicken out of some of the larger features, but it's very satisfying just to get round. On the way I had to add to my collection of Stane photos. Newcastleton has the Border Stane :smile:

16349150836_ddccf3b0ff_c.jpg

21 miles and nearly 3000ft of climb. Yep, it's a hilly ride which will be good training for me :bicycle: Well pleased with today.

Top Bottom