Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
35 mies up my mountain ..garmin express still not syncing
Make sure you are using an official garmin cable and not any old cable that fits. Believe it or not, it does make a difference with my edge 200 & 705, yet the edge 500 would happily use any cable to synch!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Busy renovating living room at the moment so cycling is suffering.
However, I did some recycling!
Dumped a load of stone from an old fire place and a load of other stuff off at Ilfracombe tip, then on to the swimming pool and did 65 lengths (1 mile). Lunch at Wetherspoons, then back home to rip skirting boards off.
Hoping to get out more next week once I've broken the back of the job.

Katherine

Guru
My ride today was...

Probably a bit foolhardy!

Despite the weather - rain, wind, hail etc, I couldn't bear not to have my Wednesday afternoon ride. I was just about to close the garage door as a heavy hail storm started so I went back indoors to pull the cord tight at the back of my neck on my jacket and add the balaclava to my ear warmer. It stopped as quick as it started, allowing me to enjoy a head on battle into the wind and bright sunshine along the East Lancs path plus some extra side roads I've added for about 13 miles before the hail and sleet /snow returned. I found a bridge near Haydock golf course to shelter from the worst of it. My return journey was easier with the wind behind me but I couldn't take advantage of it on the down hills because the path was all snowy. The last 5 miles were dry and fast but I had to go home to thaw out my toes!
A lucky 25 miles today brings my January total up to 200 miles which was my monthly average for the whole of 2014!

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Did 200 yards on the roadie, turned around and got the MTB:

20150129_084811.jpg
20150129_084820.jpg
20150129_085308.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
A quick recalculation after seeing that winter was heading to Suffolk saw me with my bum on a seat cycling this morning, rather than my bum on a seat, writing. Another 50km effort out to the west of Ipswich.
Here's a pic of Barham Church to remind you what the sun looks like. (It may be some time.)
View attachment 78262
Nice pic.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My fingers and toes were throbbing when i got back about an hour ago. I did 18.5 miles in horrendous hail showers. I was ok till i got in the house then the fingers started hurting like @~#k!:ohmy: Don't ever fall into the trap of sticking them in hot water,it'll make the pain 5 times worse! Gently warm them in lukewarm water or a few inches above a radiator.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My fingers and toes were throbbing when i got back about an hour ago. I did 18.5 miles in horrendous hail showers. I was ok till i got in the house then the fingers started hurting like @~#k!:ohmy: Don't ever fall into the trap of sticking them in hot water,it'll make the pain 5 times worse! Gently warm them in lukewarm water or a few inches above a radiator.
Liked for going out in some rather horrible weather, not the pain afterwards:thumbsup:

Top Bottom