Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
Took the bike out of the shed to find a flat tyre.. Giant defy ownership is becoming testing.
Fixed that just in time for a neighbor to pop round with a puncture.. He's got no car cycles everywhere
with no pump , spare tube or anything. Optimist or idiot ? So two punctures fixed I went out
Only managed 24km including a lunch break. Was so cold.
Worst days cycling this year lol

https://app.strava.com/activities/247858958

gavgav

Guru

thetribe

Über Member
Went out this afternoon on the tourer as I thought everything had defrosted and the snow/ice had disappeared, turned out there was still some sneaky white stuff, most of it on the inclines! Just did my usual loop and have hit 84miles for the month, need to squeeze in 16miles tomorrow to hit my target for the friendly challenge group I'm a member of #12x100 (12 months of 100 leisure miles per month)

https://www.strava.com/activities/247760116

10670213_10204734100664642_569278487737071659_n.jpg

10954_10204734100864647_1790203921586200540_n.jpg

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Haven't been out on the bike for a week. Too much snow in t'last coupla days,
This morning, had to content ourselves with this, instead:

View: http://youtu.be/bAAFnwmJWO0

That was Chrissie, followin' me up the south face of Lantern Pike.
Sorry it's not cyclin' :blush:

Brilliant! For some reason "I'm going outside and I may be some time" springs to mind. ^_^

Yeah, it does feel a bit like that don't it. Happily, we're both quite comfy in this sort of environment. We were wild camping on the slopes of Kinder Scout last weekend :becool:
The jealous factor has just hit!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

xzenonuk

Veteran
had a 27 mile ride earlier, i only went out for a short one lol, ended up along silverknowes which was icy as hell along the shaded bits on the coastal path, then headed along past granton and asda etc and ended up on the water of leith path, eventually got too the top of leith on the road and reminded my self why i hate cycling on princess street lol, headed to west end and had a rest just around the corner from where i get therapy since its a lot less busy and has a nice view of the back or side of the castle rather than sit on a seat in princess street with hundreds of people all crowded and walking fast, plus they somehow manage to knock into my bike or me when im sitting on a seat lol

headed from the west end on the road to the cramond brig (oops it is the miller and carter steak house now) and decided to take the longer off road scenic route which goes through dalmeny estate, damn the ground looked all even on parts but i knew there are pot holes there, and even then they were hard to spot, my front wheel kept crashing through the top layer of ice on pot holes covered in snow lol

eventually came out at the bottom of queensferry and headed up the road :smile:

would of went further but i didn't plan for a long ride so no back pack with an extra litre of water etc think i done good at managing the 700 ml water bottle though, then got breakfast about an hour or so after i got back in the house :smile:

Last edited:

thetribe

Über Member
This was yesterday's ride, which I mentioned in another topic.

My wife got her new bike and I'd already planned to go out today so we decided her first ride would be a 5 mile loop then I'd leave her to head the last few hundred yards up home while I turned off and completed my last few miles to hit my January target. 1.5 miles and 8 minutes into a massive smile inducing ride we heard a CLACK CLACK noise, when she stopped it looked like there was half a hedge attached to her front wheel and it was hitting the mudguard, removing the vegetation all we heard was a dreaded HISSSSSSSS, yup, it was a huge thorn that caused the damage.

I had my repair kit but she decided as we weren't far from home she'd just turn round and head home and told me to carry on, I turned with her and headed back to where I would have left her anyway and as she took her baby back home I selfishly completed my total of 100+ miles for January. Headed up the coast and back, wind at my side and the sea a little choppier than the last time I rode past, looked lovely though, if a little cold.

10895442_1608739432674003_1332990744_n.jpg

January by the numbers
Number of rides - six
Total time riding - 8 hours 28 minutes
Distance traveled - 101.8 miles
Amount climbed - 3,050 feet

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Am I glad I did my January 100 last Sunday!

Just a short 11.22 mile loop around Bourn with Mrs Dave AND the boy wonder!
The last time we all rode together was a lap of Grafham Water when a young Thomas negotiated a bend far too quickly and ended up in a hedge!

No dramas today. We kind of lazed about and drank tea, listened to the radio and then got going just as it started to spit. The spit turned to rain, the rain turned to sleet and the sleet turned to full on snow. Once home the snow flakes were huge. I'd have preferred big fluffy flakes to the early rain. Thankfully the wind was fairly tame, but all the same it was testing.

As some of you wil know, the road from Toft to Hardwick is a steady rise that in the right conditions can be a bit testing, and Jo found it tough today, but she spun a steady rhythm and conquered it!

AND she came circuit training with me last night..... By June she'll be kicking my arse!

Top Bottom