Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I only really had the time for a quick fettling ride this morning before having to go to w*rk this afternoon.. Boooo

Still, I sorted the gears change out after replacing the chain and cassette a few day ago. all seems to be running smoothly I'm pleased to say!

As I only took my Crank Brothers multitool with me, but no pump or patches, I stayed within a mile or so of home, 'just in case'.

DSC_3485.JPG

Swan lake, where I stood in a pile of goose sh*t... Mucky burgers...

DSC_3491.JPG

Back home via a circuit of Lings Woods.

Only 8 and a bit miles, but good to get out and stretch the legs.

https://www.strava.com/activities/515750173

:smile:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Club run today
First proper ride for over a of turbo sessions
Last week
1) legs ached from heavy hill work out
2) Back ached from moving filing cabinets at home.
3) Needed to see Mum on mother's day

HOwever now have outlined my training plan, and done these two turbo sessions

Was a good ride, only slightly cold at the start.
Went via two hills, Staple Lane and then Newlands Corner from the South
Managed to unship my chain on the latter, but put it back and caught the group by the top

However the descent between these two hills was Comble lane

At the hairpin (about 18%) a rider had gone off and an ambulance was in attendance. Hope he was OK

We refreshed ourselves at the cafe in the garden centre at Clandon House.
Sun was out for the run back

Not fast but another good run

47.44 miles @ 15 mph 1977 feet climbed

https://www.strava.com/activities/515864036

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Mojo's definately coming back. After yesterdays ride, its sunny albeit a bit chillier this morning so out again on the hybrid. Hampton brickpits, across to Crown lakes near Facet, back toward and around the Ikea distribution depot, across to Stillwells lake and home.
10 miles. Hopelessly overdressed, chilly when I set out, much warmer quite quickly. Tshirt was soaked on my back :blush:.
Excellent....

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The plan for a longer run this morning was thwarted by SWMBO reminding me she had classes to go to at 9, so a short run out round WGP for me. Only the 14 miles, but brings the week to 130miles so a good one for me.
I enter the Strava distance challenge every month, but if I'm honest I'll never hit the target of 1250km. So the past couple of months I've decided to have a go at the climbing challenge instead. February didn't go too well, but so far for March I'm over 50% so hopeful I may hit the 4500m target. Helps keep me motivated and forces me to get out and do some climbing.

gavgav

Guru

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Had a ride out to Sigma Sport over in Hampton/Richmond wherever it likes to be described as. Some truly beautiful bits of kit over there from bikes to clothing one could do some serious damage if let loose with a credit card :eek:. Met @Mr Haematocrit at West Drayton station and had a leisurely spin over to the shop at chatting pace. Neither of us bothered to check the opening times for future reference it's 12.00 pm on a Sunday :laugh: had a mooch around the shop staff nice and friendly found my dream wall here
image.jpeg

This little beauty caught my eye the colour up close is gorgeous...
image.jpeg

Decided to bin my return train ticket as when we left the shop it was glorious sunshine and the wind had dropped a bit. Parted with Mr H at Heathrow airport and made my way home by the time I got back it was positively fingerless gloves weather I even had this leaky substance on my brow ! Bring on the summer happy days...

https://www.strava.com/activities/515920913

Cheers
Mark.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Taking advantage of the spring sunshine -103.1Km Northenden - Styal - Wilmslow - Alderly Edge - Knolls Green - Ollerton - Swan Green -Twemlow Green - Sweetenham - Hulme Walfield -- Eaton -Gawsworth - Lower Pexhill - Over Alderly - Alderly Edge - Wilmslow - Airport loop a couple of times to make sure I'd do 100 - Gatley - Northenden. Often getting lost and stopping to read the map (and have sandwiches near Over Alerly). Quite tired when I got home, but cleaned 3 bikes, showered then fell asleep. Just woke up.....

13 rider

Guru
Target for the day Marchs 100km . Up at 0800 but is proper foggy so hung around till 10.00 and out into to gloomly conditions didn't go for too many layers as the sun will soon burn the fog off !! .Up through Newtown Linford and up Sharply hill and out to Beacon Crossroads and Charley Rd to Shepshed .Took the single track route part of ncr6 to Belton and I've never seen so many cyclist on it came across two large family groups which was nice to see . From Belton to Diseworth and Long Whattonn and across the A6 to Sutton Bonnington .up the climb out of the village I just caught sight of two cyclists going round the bend so an attempt to chase them down round the first bend and Id already caught them . Mine you the dad was towing a child trailer but a scalp is a scalp ! .Into West Leake and catching another cyclist who seemed to be spinning like mad up a slight incline soon pulled alongside and chat away and the guy explained his front gear cable had snapped so he was heading home . Rode into East Leake with him then he turned off and I carried on to Costock , Wysall ,Willoughby on the Wolds .Turned to Grimston then the climb into Saxelby then a nice descent to Asfordby . Two and half hours in so stopped for a break and something to eat in now what's become glorious sunshine just in time I was had been feeling cold upto now but my layering gamble was now correct as it warmed up .So acroos the A607 into the rolling terrain around Gaddesby to Ashby Foeville and Gaddesby and back across the A607 to Rearsby into Thrussington and Ratcliffe on the Wreake and down the lovely Descent of Humble lane into Cossington ,Rothley and Cropston where I realised I was a bit short milage wise so a loop around Cropston .Stopped at the reservoir to check milage and a mature female ride past me seemly just pootling along so back on the bike and I caught her at the crossroads in Cropston from here to Anstey it's a no overtaking stretch of road but cars still squeeze last so sat on her wheel ( wheel sucking really ) as we entered Anstey I came by for a turn on the front next thing I now see flew past me and dropped me like a stone . I would have responded if I didn't have sixty miles in the legs :whistle: I should have noticed the tt bars and realised she was perhaps not your average leisure rider . Anyway pride hurt I grind my way home up the last climb . 62.3 miles done it a tad under 4 hours well happy with that . That 3 metric century's down ended the ride in what came be described as lovely spring weather .

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My 1st small ride of March. I've had a rough week with toothache and ending up having the tooth out on Wednesday and then up most of Thursday night with horrendous pains in my abdomen, which the doctor thinks was possibly a grumbling appendix :sad:. Been very tender and feeling sorry for myself for the last few days and so decided to try a short gentle local ride, to see how I felt and one that I could abort at any stage.

Went along the cycle lanes to Heathgates, legs felt lethargic but ok otherwise, then through the estate and along the river towpath into the Quarry Park. Beautiful sunny and mild spring morning meant it was gorgeous down there, with loads of people out walking, cycling and fishing.

Continued up through Porthill and into Copthorne, where a stupid woman pulled out in front of me, onto my side of the road :stop:.

Was feeling ok and so went past work and doubled back through the estate and down to Radbrook, up through Nobold, Meole Brace and back home.

Can feel a little bit of tenderness but nothing too bad and so hopefully this has done me good.

Whilst putting the bike away I decided to get the mower out to give the lawn its first cut of the year, and the mower started 1st time!! :bravo:

12.1 miles at a gentle 10.9mph avg
Shame you've had a miserable week I'm glad you got out. After my session in 2013 I can definitely sympathise with the appendix pain.:blink:
It's been a long time. I've not looked at the average, it needed a cafe stop, I needed help mounting and dismounting and stopping needed a shoulder to lean on, but I managed 18.5km (roughly 11 miles) and enjoyed it. I don't know if I'll be able to manage it myself unaided but that is my next challenge. Today I'm just content! ^_^

View attachment 121441

https://www.strava.com/activities/515690477
Excellent! Well done! :notworthy:
View attachment 121451 Took the road bike down to London did 10 miles it's going back home to Wales where it and I belong nice to get the old thing out. If you look in the background there is one of them fellas that sift around on the banks of The Thames, don't know what you call them.
I believe mudlark is the word you're looking for.:okay:

Stevec047

Über Member
Well that was a very plesent ride. After 2 weeks off the bike, trade show the first week and a chest infection last week I thought I would go out for an quick 5/6 miler.

Well the weather was so nice and the body was working fine so I ended up heading out towards braintree and taking the back roads through Gosfield and around to Bocking. Looped back through Braintree town and then the long slog up the hill past the college and towards High Garrett before heading back towards Gosfield and completing the loop.

What was going to be a short ride ended up in 19miles in juse of 2 and half hours. Loved every minute of it and nearly had a herd of dear pass in front of me.

Plenty of cyclist out there and with the sun it seems that all of them had a cheery hello given and received.

A couple of idiots on the road one guy in a Ariel Atom supercharged who thought the road was his race track and at one point on my return home decided he would take up the whole road and floor it.

All in all a very lovely ride and fingers crossed this weather continues.

Attachments

• 20160313_142218.jpg
    20160313_142218.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20160313_124429.jpg
    20160313_124429.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 62

Archeress

Veteran
Another great day for a ride. This time I was out with the club, sorry there are no photos. We headed for The Buttery at Bristol Harbourside. We got there by riding through Blaise Castle, Across the Downs and descended through Ashton Court. After a cuppa and a sausage and egg buttie sat in the sunshine, we headed for home, riding through Eastville Park and the UWE.

Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/515898881

Hugs
Archeress x

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
A relaxing and enjoyable Sunday ride for me, equally enjoyable to yesterday's ride but different bike and purpose.

There was a little bit of wind today but still warmer than yesterday I'd say.....

A few pictures to share..... Christchurch on the left and Muderford on the ride (first picture)
20160313_135330.jpg
20160313_135029.jpg
20160313_134925.jpg

Bike is nearly ready for first tour this summer. A very comfortable ride, much more than I expected.

Top Bottom