Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Since my last ride I've become older, but no wiser so it would seem. Seduced by the sun I wore shorts but no leg warmers, I was bloody freezing! After 3 or so miles a young, slightly built, very pretty young lady came the other way in shorts and short sleeves! I need to MTFU!
Not long after as we came into Knapwell we passed a couple on a blue Thorn tandem (not that I'm a Thorn tandem geek...)
Out through Elsworth and a familiar sight that's becoming a pattern came into view
image.jpeg

That son of mine powering away up a hill. I wish I had strength like that!

Coming down the other side you can usually get over 30mph, not a chance today, 29 dead on. The wind was supposed to be 7mph, it felt at least double.

Across the A1198 and up to Graveley. I've not ridden with Thomas since Mallorca and we chatted about how bloody difficult cycling here is with the crap road surfaces and cold air. I need to move I reckon!

image.jpeg

On through Great Gransden, Waresley and Gamlingay before a bit of hedge irrigation just outside Hatley. ^^^ I liked the clouds looking down to Hertfordshire.

The hill down from Croydon is steep but short, but enough to go screaming down, I had a strava PB!

At Wimpole we stopped as the boy needed a drink, so I made him pay, he also bought me a brownie, so I took a pic just like @PeteXXX does
image.jpeg

On the way out we rode by the ewes and lambs
image.jpeg

Old Wimpole hill was a struggle for us both today, the stop wasn't a good idea. The consolation was that the old git got to the top first!
image.jpeg

^that looks flat!

Home via Bourn and Toft. 44 enjoyable, but chilly miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/560828921

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Taken on this mornings bimble. Not only is the spelling perfect (!) but the wall at the back is part of the embankment for the M1 motorway going over the road, so not a quiet area in the first place.

The ride was 23 miles on the hybrid, lovely weather first thing, little bit of frost but very sunny and not a lot of wind.

https://www.strava.com/activities/560618650

WP_20160430_07_14_34_Pro.jpg

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
Not the best start to the day when I came down to find cat sick on the dining room carpet & two sheepish looking cats both blaming the other so it was out with the Vax before I even thought about making the porridge & getting ready for a ride!

Once that was done it was on with 3/4 bib tights & the superb Gabba 2 windproof jacket as whilst it was sunny(ish) the chilly northwesterly was not going to be my friend for the first half of todays planned route across the New Forest & into Wiltshire & East Dorset.

For a non event day the roads where exceptionally busy with cyclists as I made my way west through the forest & onto familiar roads around Cranbourne en-route to Gussage All Saints where I picked up some new roads, which I was quite impressed with for their quietness & surface, leading to my only real climb of the day starting at Stubhampton & gently rising for around 5 miles.

Typically, 40 miles from home a few spots of rain greeted me the top where I quickly stopped for lunch before heading back with at last the wind on my tail so with black clouds surrounding me it was again a race against the weather as I passed through Tollard Royal & Sixpenny Handley to Fordingbridge, where the few spots of rain caught me up, but thankfully despite a bit of a cross wind over the higher parts of the forest I was able to out run it & get home dry.

76.4 very pleasant miles & a route I look forward to doing again on warmer less breezy day!

https://www.strava.com/activities/560914472/

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Since my last ride I've become older, but no wiser so it would seem. Seduced by the sun I wore shorts but no leg warmers, I was bloody freezing! After 3 or so miles a young, slightly built, very pretty young lady came the other way in shorts and short sleeves! I need to MTFU!
Not long after as we came into Knapwell we passed a couple on a blue Thorn tandem (not that I'm a Thorn tandem geek...)
Out through Elsworth and a familiar sight that's becoming a pattern came into view
View attachment 126603
That son of mine powering away up a hill. I wish I had strength like that!

Coming down the other side you can usually get over 30mph, not a chance today, 29 dead on. The wind was supposed to be 7mph, it felt at least double.

Across the A1198 and up to Graveley. I've not ridden with Thomas since Mallorca and we chatted about how bloody difficult cycling here is with the crap road surfaces and cold air. I need to move I reckon!

View attachment 126605

On through Great Gransden, Waresley and Gamlingay before a bit of hedge irrigation just outside Hatley. ^^^ I liked the clouds looking down to Hertfordshire.

The hill down from Croydon is steep but short, but enough to go screaming down, I had a strava PB!

At Wimpole we stopped as the boy needed a drink, so I made him pay, he also bought me a brownie, so I took a pic just like @PeteXXX does
View attachment 126607
On the way out we rode by the ewes and lambs
View attachment 126608
Old Wimpole hill was a struggle for us both today, the stop wasn't a good idea. The consolation was that the old git got to the top first!
View attachment 126609
^that looks flat!

Home via Bourn and Toft. 44 enjoyable, but chilly miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/560828921
Tomorrow, I shall attempt to live up to my reputation.. Today, I must w*rk! :sad:

https://www.strava.com/activities/561045380
58 miles, up to middle wallop and back today, on one of my Skyride social routes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The weather was a bit variable, but it was a nice ride. I had another new rider with me today as well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 34

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Maryport again today but I also had errands on the way out and on the way back. The weather has improved although there is still snow on the fells. The wind wasn't so cold or strong and was coming from a warmer direction. There were still some showers visible in the north but they didn't get any further south. I rode what is becoming a fairly standard loop now. It's clearly a holiday weekend now as tourists are appearing. With torrents of rain forecast for tomorrow I hope they aren't too disappointed.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Late start for me this morning,must have been all that exercise yesterday.

Decided on a short 20 mile just to let the legs spin a bit, so on with the Lycra again for more testing.

Headed west for a change towards Wilby then up to the rugby club and down hardwater .

WP_20160501_002.jpg

Quick stop on the bridge for this picture before heading for Grendon ,Easton Maudit ,Bozeat,Hinwick ,Irchester,Little Irchester and home .

All done on the Dawes Galaxy Tour and Gear Best supplied Base Camp Lycra.
WP_20160501_003.jpg
WP_20160430_010.jpg

Top Bottom