Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Late reporting yesterday's adventure.
The second annual RideChartridge sportive, starting and finishing, as the name implies, in, allegedly, England's longest village, Chartridge.
A 75 mile loop around the Chilterns - Chesham, Aldbury, Cheddington, Mentmore, Wing, Cublington, Whitchurch, the Winchendons, Cuddington, Whiteleaf Hill, Great Kingshill, Hughenden, Speen, Kop Hill, Great Missenden and Chartridge.
A very tough day out with temperature in the high 20s from 10 o'clock onwards and a 15mph head wind on the southward leg. A total of 1563m of climbing, 850 of which were in the last 30 miles. I walked up most of Kop Hill, sad to say. I'd never been up it before, and frankly, with the Garmin showing 28 degrees, I just couldn't be @r5ed to try.
Still, a great day out with the woods carpeted in bluebells, and the fields in bright yellow rapeseed, with some great views across the Vale of Aylesbury.
74.76 miles at 15.1 mph avg.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just another nice pre work ride this morning bedding in a new cassette on the Ian May , hoping to do a few miles on this one this year .

Been a good weekend with over 80 miles lets hope it carries on all week

Freds Dad

Veteran
I took part in the Evans Hoy 100 yesterday. It was a great event with a choice of routes either 100k or 100m. I did the 100k as I would still be riding today if I'd attempted the 100m!
I also got to meet Sir Chris Hoy and have a brief chat which topped off a great day. He did the 100k ride, set off 1 hour after me, finished before me and was meeting and greeting folk when I got back looking refreshed and relaxed. It just goes to show you how fit professional athletes are.

https://www.strava.com/activities/570285830

Been a bit slack with posting over the last few days,the gardening and decorating has been taking up the time.

Anyway a few rides to report since the last post.

Last Thursday was a two part 100k day(not in one go so not for the challenge);

Nice longer commute in spent in the big ring with a deserved(well I thought so!) coffee and sourdough toast with jam at the Espresso Library:cuppa::hungry:

https://www.strava.com/activities/565906085

toast.jpg

Return home was via a loop around Six Mile Bottom and the slog up the Isleham to Prickwillow road were unfortunately cramp got the better of me.

https://www.strava.com/activities/566489309

smb.jpg

Saturday's club run was spent with the easy group on a glorious day;

https://www.strava.com/activities/568165678

Sunday was again a lovely day so an early(ish) ride with the better half before it got too hot!

https://www.strava.com/activities/569131651

And a usual A10/cycle path commute this morning,loaded up with the Alpkit bag with clothes and food for the week ahead;

https://www.strava.com/activities/570287051

px jesus grn.jpg

Some nice rides in glorious weather,this cycling lark ain't half bad sometimes:bicycle:.

Oh and apologies for the above posts I've missed,will try and catch up with the likes if I can:blush::reading:

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
We have had some great weather the last few days so have been out a few times exploring but also putting in some miles on the Trans Penine Trail. It's times when the weather is like this I love living in Sheffield. I don't normally take many pictures when I'm riding, but when you do it reminds you what we have on our doorstep. There are also a couple of pics I didn't post from when we went out into the peak district a couple of weeks ago.
IMG_20160507_192722_zpstwshrccu.jpg
IMG_20160423_162436_zpsjtml0v5t.jpg
20160423_112338_zpsgdzlxlc6.jpg
20160423_125947_zps06grsqd0.jpg
IMG_20160428_213803_zps8oegh1td.jpg
IMG_20160507_173528_zpsxkwwtpbh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

postman

Legendary Member
A lunch ride to Otley.It's been a funny day.I was going to try and build on the wonderful pie ride 33miles Skipton,back by train.i was up early normal cycling breakfast porridge and toast.Got things ready but i felt tired and weird.So at 9-20 i went back to bed for an hour,i kid you not.So now i have to get the car out to pick Mrs Postman up from work.So i decided lunch in Otley.Weather wonderful bit of a wind,but whoa no energy aching knees.Well best i can say is i did 23 miles,and i have no idea but i wiped off the ride details of Cyclers on my phone.Mind you i was taking a rest and i must have hit the wrong button.I wanted to see how rubbish i was.Well onward and upward next week will be better,no more space for any more rides this week.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
FB_IMG_1462655474724.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-09-19-03-28.png Saturday was time for the 2nd Annual King's Lynn & West Norfolk Bicycle Users Group Yellow Welly Ride.
The ride from King's Lynn to Old Hunstanton Lifeboat Station in aid of the RNLI is about 23 miles each way.....and most riders wear Wellies on the outbound leg of the ride.
Wellies are not ideal cycling footwear - especially when the temperature hits 23°c!
I was the only recumbent rider in the group so it was nice to meet a fellow bent trike on the outward leg.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
View attachment 127901 View attachment 127903 Saturday was time for the 2nd Annual King's Lynn & West Norfolk Bicycle Users Group Yellow Welly Ride.
The ride from King's Lynn to Old Hunstanton Lifeboat Station in aid of the RNLI is about 23 miles each way.....and most riders wear Wellies on the outbound leg of the ride.
Wellies are not ideal cycling footwear - especially when the temperature hits 23°c!
I was the only recumbent rider in the group so it was nice to meet a fellow bent trike on the outward leg.

I'm guessing you didn't take the main road. Since I'll be staying in the area in June (for the first time in 50+ years), I'd appreciate knowing what the route was.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I'm guessing you didn't take the main road. Since I'll be staying in the area in June (for the first time in 50+ years), I'd appreciate knowing what the route was.

We rode from KL via North Wootton, Castle Rising, Babingley, Sandringham, Dersingham, Snettisham, Sedgeford, Ringstead, Old Hunstanton.
From KL the cycle path takes you most of the way to Sandringham.
If you want any other info just drop me a pm.

Top Bottom