Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
My first ride north of Swindon today, a short one of 45km but only 300m of going up, it's so flat compared to terrain south of Swindon.
The flatness does increase the average speed but the flatness was a little boring for me.
I visited the local 10m TT route, U48, basically two loops of a five mile route up and down one road with short ramps up to roundabouts at both ends.
I imagine it gets very crowded on TT days, unlike this morning.

SnapShot(0).png

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have just had a little utility ride to Drayton, and Barclays Bank and back. We went there, following the Hellesdon Road and then turning left at the funny bend and following the undulations until it brought us out opposite the pub in Drayton. We then turned left, right and while waiting to turn right into the bank - with arms out, were overtaken by some idiot driving a taxi. Bloody good job we were not moving as I'm quite keen on my bike.
I waited for ever and ever outside, while Hubster did the do in the bank, then back on the bikes and returned home via the Marriotts Way, dodging loose Labradors and a rather noisy Yorkshire Terrier.
The sun was lovely. We were out in our zippy-up tops again and it was good.
7.2 miles at an average of 11.5mph or so. We climbed a good 117m which surprised us but the undulations of the road to Drayton, and then Oval Road back up to ours might have accounted for that. It didn't feel like that much climbing so we must be getting fitter.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Morning commute, I felt tired from yesterday's longer commute I think so just took it easy. Generally unremarkable commute, met a colleague going to opposite way, and at the final roundabout outside the office a car almost took me out. They have removed the road surface and roundabout markings but he just didn't look and sailed out, and luckily I stopped in the middle of the roundabout. He did look surprised and guilty.

Homeward commute.... Hail, sun, rain, and a rainbow!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
At the second try :wacko:
Day off today so as soon as jobs done...out.
Just 21 miles, a bit cold at first (midday)...then a light hail shower, then a bit of rain, then the sun came out, occasionally disappearing behind cloud, a right mix.
P'boro, Bretton, Marholm, Ufford, Barnack, Castor/Ailsworth then home.
A tad breezy at times but generally quite nice out there...best bit as I was riding along a country road, high hedges either side, sheltered from any wind and feeling the suns warmth...lovely.
Given my lack of mileage, legs were a bit tired by the time I got back, but happy I got those miles in.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A couple of mates and I decided to meet up for an early ride this morning due to other stuff happening later in the day. My alarm went off at the stupid time of 05:30!!
Porage and coffee were consumed, and I rode off to our meeting place for 07:00 with ice on the car windows, but no frozen puddles to go skating on.
07:00 came and went... No-one was there. Never mind, thought I, I'll go for a pedal around until the arrived. Re-reading the texts, we were due to meet at 07:30... Gol'durn it, I could have stayed in bed for another half an hour!!

DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0701.JPG

Still, it gave me time to take a few pics of the Marin near Chapel Brampton station on the disused section of track... ^_^

Once we'd ridden near to Market Harborough, we stopped off at the Waterloo Café for a snack.

DSC_0708.JPG

Smashin' bacon sarnie and a coffee, made all the tastier as it wasn't my turn to pay :okay:

DSC_0709.JPG

From the café stop, we rode south, with the slight breeze in our favour, via the old railway tunnels, and stopped for a bit to check out the architecture on top of the arches over the tunnel entrance.

After a bit, we headed back across to Brixworth and Pitsford Res where we split up and went our separate ways home.

I finished on 45 miles, which is a tad hard going on the Marin with most of it on trails rather than tarmac. Nice to not have to scrape mud of the bike, just wash the dust off the bike, dry it and give it a lube.
A most enjoyable morning out in the Spring sunshine, and back in time to have a snooze on the settee for an hour this afternoon ^_^

https://www.strava.com/activities/273288154

:smile:

Last edited:

theloafer

Legendary Member
not far today ..3 miles round trip to town was going to walk ,but hey 3 miles is 3 miles :laugh: so pleased I did ,as I approached the town centre spotted a young guy at the side of the road with a MTB ...so did a quick U-turn pulled up beside to ask what the problem was ...then I saw that his chain come apart :ohmy: then he said thanks for stopping but can`t be fixed ..I need a chain splitter...:biggrin: so opened my bag and said will this do :bravo: 10 mins later he was back on the road ...poss some good KARMA in the bank ^_^

C17rsf

So last weekend was my very first outing on my new road bike (2014 Giant Defy 1) and the very first outing in the road cycling world. So I managed to pursuade a friend who rides to grin and bare my first outing lol. and I managed a nice 26 miles round the country lanes. I was surprised how comfy the bike was and seemed really good although I havnt had much to compare to. Only things I found an issue was I seem to struggle clipping in my right foot, and I seem to not find the right gear to give me an even pedalling speed.

Anyway here's my strava report, see what you think.
https://www.strava.com/activities/271560976

Hopefully be out again this weekend

thetribe

Über Member
My wife did another commute today so I said I'd meet her for the return, got home from work where it had been a day of coat, no coat, coat, no coat, hailstones, sunshine, heavy rain and wind, perfect for making me want to leave the warmth... Anyway, I headed out for a nice steady ride, about 11.5 miles to reach her place of work and then about 2 miles home. 13.5 miles @ 13.6mph overall.

https://www.strava.com/activities/273408145

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My new ride turned up yesterday, my first carbon bike, Planet-X RT-58. Very nice it is too, understated in matt black. However, it didn't go out today as I have no cages etc on it yet, and at the moment I need steady riding to rebuild my legs a bit, so it was out with the CX again. Todays target was anything above 12 miles, and given I won't stop on 13 that meant at least 14 miles. Reasonably nice start to the ride pretty much off road along the Thames to Chertsey, before picking my way through the side roads and finding a new route through Gogmore Park which keeps me off the roads a little more. Long slog down Chertsey Lane into Staines took me to 12 miles completed, so I headed up the Causeway to Egham and home.
Todays total 15.4 miles at an average speed of 11mph. Pleased that the distance is getting better, the pace will come in time. I did remember a photo today:smile:
25 Mar 2015 Chertsey Bridge.jpg

I haven't written up any of the rides recently because the weather hasn't been great (yesterday was hail and rain for most of the day) or I just haven't taken any photos or my depression has been getting the better of me, but today the weather showed all the signs of being a really good day and with an overnight frost (my OH complained loudly this morning that he had to scrape the ice off the car - an unusual event because where the car is parked is very sheltered and rarely if ever gets iced over). So I wrapped up warmly, got my thicker gloves out and set out for another lap of the Whitegate Way.

Once again I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. Oh and if you don't like trees, sorry. It is all there is to photo!

IMG_2397.JPG

A misty and frozen start to the day. That log on the right is as far as I can walk with crutches... It's great to be able to get passed in on the trike!

IMG_2400.JPG

A cold light this morning, but beautiful.
IMG_2402.JPG

It's a good thing my OH is not with me... he hate's stopping so often for photos!

IMG_2412.JPG

It is entirely possible that when a Raven has landed in the path, that I have been lining up the shot for way too long!

IMG_2420.JPG

It's just one of those mornings!

IMG_2422.JPG

I haven't even got to the 2 mile mark yet!

IMG_2425.JPG

Still not at the 2 mile bench yet, but I had to stop to take these old oak leaves catching the sunlight.

IMG_2455.JPG

At the half way point and my current turn around point. Bit icy today!

IMG_2458.JPG

This is the closest thing to a work out I get. It's a bottom gear grind for me at the moment though because of the lack of strength in my legs and the paralysis, but at least I don't walk it like a lot of cyclists!

IMG_2496.JPG

Last one - and almost home... I just had to stop and then I had to wait for a jogger to get out of the picture....

today's ride which was 10 miles for the very first time.... https://www.strava.com/activities/273811325 (please ignore the average... I am :whistle: )
yesterday's ride https://www.strava.com/activities/273811322
the day before's cold and wet ride https://www.strava.com/activities/272932506
Sunday's ride with my OH, https://www.strava.com/activities/272123972

BSRU

A Human Being
This good weather is playing havoc with my search for a new job, must start soon:tongue:.
Another ride north of Swindon today, passed Fairford, 66 km with just 481m of going up, most of that at the start and end of the ride, the bit in between very flat.
A bit cold this morning especially when the sun was behind the clouds.
SnapShot(0).png
SnapShot.png

Two nice smiles and a hello from two horse riders.
SnapShot(1).png

Another disaster when I arrived home, no cake again:blush: so made do with half a bar of 85% Lindt chocolate.:biggrin:

Top Bottom