Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nipped into Barnstaple with the missus, along the Tarka Trail, to pick up her new specs. Bit of shopping and a coffee in Wetherspoons, then a steady ride home. Only 13 miles today but.......wife took QoM on one segment, got in top 10 on three others and set 7 PBs along the way. And that was on her hybrid with panniers!
Can't fit her head through the door now!:laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I did 14 miles in 24mph winds, does that count as the equivalent of 30 miles with no wind?

Last edited:
Headed off from work for my customary Thursday afternoon ride, had a destination in mind but had to think again after a few mins of battling the headwind, the upland ride that I had planned would have been far too exposed. So plan B, keeping to the coast to Hopetoun, the Forth looking very choppy and with lots of snow on the peaks north. From Hopetoun I took a closed road, perfectly passable on the bike, to Philpstoun, then the same route as last week, Kingscavil, Bathgate, Cairnpapple, Broxburn. The wind was making the climbs even more hard going than usual so it was a great relief after Cairnpapple when I could steer east and get the tailwind. 52 miles, 3,200 ft.

ScotiaLass

Guru
It started oh so well :laugh:

A dry but slightly blustery afternoon, saw me heading up to the local woods with a cycling buddy.
We were armed with my Go-Pro and his helmet cam. That was a mistake right there :laugh:

We found a lovely little downhill spot, complete with muddy patches, tree roots and bits of foliage.
My first run down it was great and I felt confident (maybe too confident!) doing a second pass for the camera.
I was standing up on the pedals, in control, when I hesitated about taking a certain line. First mistake!

As I wobbled about, I hit the muddy patch at an angle. Panicking slightly, I then hit the brakes.
Not the rear brake, oh no, that would have been far too easy!
I grabbed the front brake and slowed dramatically. Ok, so I basically stopped dead and threw myself over to one side, as there was no way I was going over the top!
I landed with a thump on my back, where I lay laughing so hard I was crying!
I have video evidence...(no, it's not happening) and a still.
I'm 51. One day, I may start acting like a 51 yr old :rofl:
Feck I'm sore!

So, I guess you want to see photos...

trees.png
woods.png

Lovely day for it.......

moi.png

Pride comes before a fall.....

down.png

Still from the head cam. I was actually laughing....

leg.png

Ouchie....the bruising is coming along nicely and my back is killing me!
Still, I had fun!

A dry but slightly blustery afternoon, saw me heading up to the local woods with a cycling buddy.
We were armed with my Go-Pro and his helmet cam. That was a mistake right there :laugh:

We found a lovely little downhill spot, complete with muddy patches, tree roots and bits of foliage.
My first run down it was great and I felt confident (maybe too confident!) doing a second pass for the camera.
I was standing up on the pedals, in control, when I hesitated about taking a certain line. First mistake!

As I wobbled about, I hit the muddy patch at an angle. Panicking slightly, I then hit the brakes.
I grabbed the front brake and slowed dramatically. Ok, so I basically stopped dead and threw myself over to one side, as there was no way I was going over the top!
Feck I'm sore!

View attachment 83853 View attachment 83854
Lovely day for it.......

View attachment 83855

View attachment 83856

View attachment 83858
Still, I had fun!
That's going to hurt in the morning.

Katherine

Guru

Feck I'm sore!

View attachment 83853 View attachment 83854
Lovely day for it.......

View attachment 83855

View attachment 83856

View attachment 83858
Still, I had fun!
IMG_12074740474957.jpeg

I'm the same age as you and yesterday I was practicing going none handed on my new Dawes

Weeeeeeeee!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Only time for a quick (slowish) ride over to see a mate and drop a few bits and pieces off.
I waited until the traffic died down a bit then rode through Moulton Park industry as it's the most direct route. After a cuppa, I headed back home through the town, Abington Park and Lings Woods as it's quite dry at the moment..

DSC_0712.JPG

Nice to get out for a few on the old British Eagle..
10 miles in slightly warm sunshine before I have to go to w*rk.. Booooo

https://www.strava.com/activities/274744945

:smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
A good fairly early 101km ride this morning with 1173m of going up(only 60m of going up in the last 10km, which was nice;)).
A very cold start but warmed up a little later and the threatened rain is no where in sight.

A view down the cat 3 climb(the short 14% bit) I will have to ride up in about 2 hours:tired:.
SnapShot(10).png

The sun makes for a more pleasant ride:okay:.
SnapShot(12).png
SnapShot(14).png

Spotted what I think was my first red kite just before the cat 3 climb, the shape of the tail indicates it is a kite^_^.
SnapShot(0).png

Then I was buzzed by something far more menacing:eek:.
SnapShot(8).png
SnapShot(3).png
SnapShot(4).png

Now of to a shop that sells cakes in order to replenish vital nutrients:whistle:.

Top Bottom