Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
Eventful trip today.

10 miles north along the coast road at lunchtime. Then on a mad impulse turned inland up the moor road.

I've never yet managed it to the top of the hill without stopping, but I came closer today than I have done before. Very pleasing. Continued on down the gentle side of the hill, then stopped to check train times on my phone- do I take the road that heads directly home, or go the other way and catch a train back? Lots of options.

Back on the bike, and round the next bend. Couldn't have been doing more than 10mph. A ditch was blocked and was overflowing across the road. 20 yards of sheet ice.

Down I went.

The bike took some damage, but nothing that can't be repaired. Broken rear light, broken mudguard stay, and it'll need new bar tape.

I fared less well. Currently an inpatient at the local orthopaedic unit. X ray inconclusive, CT scan in the morning, suspected hip fracture.
Ouch not good! I can't possibly 'like' that. Second ice fall story I've seen today. Heal fast

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Terrible news. Get well soon.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Eventful trip today.

10 miles north along the coast road at lunchtime. Then on a mad impulse turned inland up the moor road.

I've never yet managed it to the top of the hill without stopping, but I came closer today than I have done before. Very pleasing. Continued on down the gentle side of the hill, then stopped to check train times on my phone- do I take the road that heads directly home, or go the other way and catch a train back? Lots of options.

Back on the bike, and round the next bend. Couldn't have been doing more than 10mph. A ditch was blocked and was overflowing across the road. 20 yards of sheet ice.

Down I went.

The bike took some damage, but nothing that can't be repaired. Broken rear light, broken mudguard stay, and it'll need new bar tape.

I fared less well. Currently an inpatient at the local orthopaedic unit. X ray inconclusive, CT scan in the morning, suspected hip fracture.

That's bad news - GWS @bruce1530 :hello:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Eventful trip today.....Down I went.

Ouch !! Sorry to hear that. Hope you are OK and soon up and out again. Take care.

Eventful trip today.

Down I went.

Sorry to hear that. Know what it's like with a fractured humerus at the shoulder. Hope it's not too painful and get well as soon as you can - know it will take time

galaxy

Veteran
My ride Saturday was more Utillity, Wickes for some screws, Butchers for some Sirloin, then Sainsburys for the trimmings, 15 mile sweet little circuit, then no guilt felt ater the Steak pig out in the evening.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Eventful trip today.

Down I went.

Oooh, ouch! I'm very sorry to hear this and hope you're on the mend soon.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Haven't been out much due to wrist problems, extra workload and being generally disinterested.

R6wujlv.jpg

XwytJKE.jpg

t6pxeE0.jpg

BfwjMzQ.jpg

y11vY14.jpg

Attachments

• R6wujlv.jpg
    R6wujlv.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 52
  • XwytJKE.jpg
    XwytJKE.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 55