Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.relive.cc/view/847245455

53 miles in much milder weather today.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
OK ride in to work, crap ride home. Visit from the P fairy after 3 miles (not even half way home), and no hope of just pumping up to get home. Quick change of tube in the dark, no obvious culprit then worked hard to get home fast just in case.
Found culprit on arrival home, small flint. Tube fixed and ready to go in the morning. Rather annoyed as I lost my glasses at some point during the tube change:angry:

OK ride in to work, crap ride home. Visit from the P fairy after 3 miles (not even half way home), and no hope of just pumping up to get home. Quick change of tube in the dark, no obvious culprit then worked hard to get home fast just in case.
Found culprit on arrival home, small flint. Tube fixed and ready to go in the morning. Rather annoyed as I lost my glasses at some point during the tube change:angry:

Poodoo :sad:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I hate that when that happens.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
A bit over 40 miles today, waited till lunchtime before getting out. Out of town up the hill then a run down to deal and along the coast to Sandwich, on to Ramsgate then around the Thanet coast, Broadstairs, Cliftonville, Margate and along to my sister's for a quick coffee. Running out of time booted on the train back to Sandwich and rode a couple of miles to the folks for a fabulous mum cooked meal...:okay:

DSC_0223.JPG

On the seafront at deal.

DSC_0224.JPG

On the toll bridge in Sandwich, hand operated when it swings open to allow the larger boats through.

DSC_0226.JPG

A knitted lamppost in Pegwell.

DSC_0228.JPG

In the middle of Ramsgate harbour.

DSC_0230.JPG

Broadstairs.

DSC_0231.JPG

No flies on this guy...

DSC_0232.JPG

Kingsgate castle.

:okay:

robjh

Legendary Member
I went out for the afternoon from Warwick, where I was visiting friends, and rode down to Chipping Campden in the northern Cotswolds. It was straight into a headwind on the way out, but the sun was starting to come out and the scenery got better the further I went. I skirted through Stratford-on-Avon then took the B-road (the former A46) south-west until the turning for Chipping Campden which was the first proper climb. CC was full of visitors and large Range Rovers as always, but it's pretty, and a good place for a café break...
The next bit was the prettiest, through Charingworth to Ilmington along the very edge of the Cotswolds, and the sun came out properly. I returned to Warwick via Alderminster, Loxley and Barford, and got caught in a passing hailstorm on the last stretch. I did 46 miles in all and it was a lovely afternoon.

Photos : stopping for supplies; Chipping Campden; near Charingworth; Warwick Castle
20170128 Cotswold ride (1).JPG
20170128 Cotswold ride (4).JPG
20170128 Cotswold ride (11).JPG
20170128 Cotswold ride (13).JPG

Route
upload_2017-1-28_22-22-42.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What a great day for cycling! The forecast was for patchy rain and very strong sout-westerly winds. Neither appeared. Instead it was breezy, alternately grey and blue skies and just spiffing.

I went for a geological journey south of London.
625px-KentGeologyWealdenDomeSimple.svg.png

Over the North Downs (Titsey) over the Greensand Ridge (Crockham Hill) over the Ashdown Sands (Ashdown Forest) Turned around with the South Downs in view (Ringmer). Stopped for coffee in Lindfield (Field & Forrest cafe) Back over the sandy middle (Turner's Hill) over the western remnants of the Greensand Ridge (Bletchingley) and back up and over the North Downs (Ganger's Hill)
upload_2017-1-29_10-33-50.png

(clockwise loop)

13 rider

Guru
Off at 1000 as the mist was lifting . Headed out to Quorn via Cropston ,Rothley ,Swithland then to Mountsorrel and across the river to Barrow and headed out a different route for a change to Walton on the wolds and climb out the village to Seagrave and up to the A46 crossing took a while to get across a busy dual carriageway that the reason I don't come this way very often but you get rewarded with a lovely descent into Thrussington . Onto Ratcliffe where I chased down a guy on a blue cannondale thinking it's my mate Andy but for the second time this weekend I was mistaken at least this guy was the right sex after getting @Lilliburlerro mixed up with a lady yesterday but I was right about the bike . Road a couple of miles chatting away until I turned down humble lane . Cossington ,Rothley just got to the station and saw a guy on a MTB who I recognised as a work mate hill .He was covered in mud he had come off in some local woods but no injuries so road a bit with him going into Thurcaston downhill I'm on the brakes to let him keep up . He turned into the pub at Thurcaston not sure how welcome he'd be in the state he was in .Quick blast home . 32.3 miles in the bag nice pleasant ride

Last edited:

The Bystander

Über Member
Bright and sunny but frosty first thing. By the time the frost had cleared it had clouded over but still looked good for a ride.

The early sunshine must have have lured people out, bikes all over the place there were. I'm sure it slowed me down, what with the added wind resistance from sticking my hand up to acknowledge all the "morning"s.

Despite the early frost I was surprised by the amount of ice around, mostly frozen puddles but the road was fairly clear. But I did meet a couple of riders who had both come a cropper on some ice earlier on, so it was a cautious ride for me.

A cold and overcast but enjoyable 20 miles around one of my regular loops.

Top Bottom