Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
An early evening ride to test out my back after I strained it earlier in the week. It feels fine so I I'm not going to cancel my entry in the sportive on Sunday.
When I want to ride out at rush-hour times, the best place for me to be is the cycle path on the A580 East Lancs Road. The view is busy traffic on one side and fields and hedge rows on the other. Great for watching the passing of the seasons. Today I saw ploughed fields, rabbits, pheasants and lots of mud. I only had an hour, so I turned round just after the turning for Leigh.

IMG_20170302_172634241.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not my ride today, but more of a quick update (meaning the photo's have arrived from the official cameraman, AKA my Dad) , from the West Thames Wheelers 2 group ride on 22nd Feb.
I'm the younger one...
22 Feb 2017 WTW2.JPG

Sadly one of our number was a bit short, so had to miss out on coffee. On the plus side, the Post Office in Windsor Great Park does leave out a bowl of drinking water for the dogs, so he didn't go thirsty:laugh:
22 Feb 2017 WTW2.1.JPG

The bearded one is Dad, and totally to blame for getting me back into cycling 4 or 5 years back, I'm glad he did, and I still have trouble keeping up:notworthy:

I had to do some maintenance on two of the bikes today. The Boardman chucked a rear mech cable, and the mule needed a new bottom bracket. The weather was crap this morning, so I took the chance to sort the bikes out.

IMG_3948.JPG

The old BB was finished.

IMG_3949.JPG

I got a new one.

IMG_3952.JPG

The old one was truly shot.

IMG_3953.JPG

I cleaned up the frame, then dosed it with Lithium grease.
IMG_3955.JPG

I got my tools ready.

IMG_3956.JPG

Sorted it, and went for a test ride.

https://www.relive.cc/view/886296305

:bicycle::thumbsup:.

I also recabled the Boardman ( took some doing, due to the fact that it's internally routed, and the cable decided to go along the chain stay, turn a hairpin bend, and climb up the seat stay:laugh:) That's the first time I've ever achieved that particular feat.:blink: A bit of messing around with a freezer bag tie, and a pair of needle nose pliers got the cable out of the correct hole, and into position. I'm back to a full compliment of working bikes again now:wahhey:.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 49

Tin Pot

Guru
Possibly the fourth ride of the year..?

68.8km +938m 3:11

I was excited to see my first metered ride but sadly I must've paused it after one hour, and for some reason it didn't record GPS data either, probably as Strava was running.

I really put some effort into Ide and Braested Hill too...Strava thinks I'm the third slowest up Brastead all year! :laugh:
IMG_7860.jpg
IMG_7861.PNG

TSS Seems very high for one hours work but the IF looks about right. I wanted 70-75 for 3hrs so at least I started well.

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I had one of those mornings that leave you thinking that the only solution is to go out for a long ride and get a kick from the natural highs exercise provides. The weather forecast also seemed to suggest the day would get brighter, so I thought I'd get my March 50km ride in.
The previous two month's qualifying rides have been on the flattest circuit I can devise near to where I live, but today I headed North-East of Ipswich and went wherever the inclination took me. I believe undulating is the best description for the ad hoc route I took. :whistle:
This out near Otley College (I know it looks barren, but ploughed fields always suggest new beginnings to me - and I love the smell of newly-tilled earth).

1.JPG

And this at Grundisburgh with Patsy #3 The CX posing against a wall. (Apologies for slicing off the top of the spire - I will do better next time.)

2.JPG

Top Bottom